Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

For the third time, I decided to have a crack at getting into Fallout 4 again last night, I think I saw mentions of it here in the last few days and the seed was planted in my head.

I just can’t warm to it, at all. First time I played it was at launch and was the furthest I ever got but still never even made it to Diamond City. Second time was a couple of years ago with a build I found online but got stuck and dropped it even earlier. Now I started with a VATS build and just finished off the Deathclaw in Concord right at the beginning and I’m about to delete the game already. I want to love it, I really do, but it feels more like work than enjoyment.

About to dive in Metro Exodus now, never touched the series before so hoping it’ll be up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think your problem was playing Second Son first. It did take all the good ideas from 1 & 2 and made them better, but the story and brightness of SS put me off. The slightly darker story of 1 &2 was better, and the complains you have regarding the combat is just a product of the time and hardware. Plus 3 years compared to the 2 between the first 2.

I couldn't warm to SS and never finished it, and I platinum'd the first 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Recently completed Red Dead Redemption 2 after 62 hours, I didn't particularly enjoy the epilogue at all. Will probably never ever replay it 😅

Started Spider Man last night though and so far the game is a blast, looks great too in the Performance RT mode !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That epilogue needed to be at least 70% shorter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That entire game needed to be at least 70% shorter 👀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Recently bought a PS5. Just about to start Ghost of Tsushima.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Probably game of the last generation for me, absolutely phenomenal.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Trying Horizon Zero Dawn for the second time, but really struggling to get into it. Something about it just not clicking with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

About half way through FFVII Remake. While obviously disappointing it's not the full game per se, they've really done a good job of extending the story, without too much padding, and really getting more detail into what is a very simple plot. Graphics are stunning in places, but some textures seem muddy, though I imagine the PS5 version shines here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Same, bought it a while back and traded it in, couldnt get into it, got it again when it was free and still cannot get into it.

Playing FFX remaster again, better than VII IMO, tempted to play X-2 after but i dont wanna spoil the experience

• Advertisement

I think it's cause Aloy is so wooden. In fact all the characters are wooden, and the story so far is a bit meh, doesn't really grip me for wanting to advance the plot. I think I'm like level 13ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ferpederine

Persona 5 - not really enjoying it. Infiltrating the first part of the game and it's just battle after battle. Very repetitive.

I personally loved the plot of Horizon. It does take a bit to get going but when you get into the creation of the robots etc, it's very interesting and well put together. There's a lot of "data points" to pick up which really do enhance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Playing it myself now and its so enjoyable. Focusing on the side missions before finishing the story and then it'll be on to the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Xofpod

I agree fully. Only picked up a PS4 a few months ago and this is one of the games I've enjoyed most. Great, deep plot. Love some of the action set pieces too. It rekindled my love for AAA type games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Frozen wilds is a fantastic example of dlc done very well, with the update you're in for a treat

I just finished a Platinum replay of the game recently as well as doing the DLC for the first time. As said, the DLC is excellent, and could lead in nicely to the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I think I will replay it in early January, been 4 years since I played it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just played Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin last night. Enjoyable short game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Room VR.

If you've played one of these Room games before, it's more of the same but with more turning, pulling and pushing of handles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭bdmc16

Does it feel like a major improvement . Worth playing through again for ?

It's noticeable in that it's much smoother, but there's no actual visual quality upgrade, it's exactly the same as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Just finished Sackboy. Very good platformer, up there with SM3DW IMO.

Recently finished The Outer Wilds. An absolute gem of a game, probably not for everyone but I absolutely adored it.

Just started into the GOT Iki Island expansion. Good so far, but early days. The PS5 enhancements are very good though.

Looking forward to returning to Horizon for DLC now that it has a 60FPS patch. I love the game and I understand why people say the characters are wooden. I think the main problem is the facial animations make everyone look like they are on Xanax or something. The story is superb though, and the combat is very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Not played any games in that last 10 years or so except for a few months of fifa until i got the PS5.

God of war -> loved it 9/10 (very near Platinum, just the crows left when i ever go back to it)

The Last of Us -> Meh, probably due to the high expectations and the fact its a 2013 game. 7/10

Days Gone -> 8.5/10 Platinum

Battlefield 1 -> 6/10 Think prob because not 1 main storyline with main character is why i didn't enjoy this as much as others.

Ratchet and Clank 2016 - Enjoyed it more then expected 8/10

Rocket league -> Addictive but i played with default view so find it hard to change to the view meant to use. Not sure i want to put in the hours it would take to see if i could get much better

Horizon zero -> Enjoyable storyline once you get into it. 8.5/10

Not sure what will go with next, probably A Plague Tale or Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Finished Far Cry 5. Wasn’t expecting that ending but I enjoyed the game. Moved on to the DLC and completed Hours of Darkness already. Just moved on to Lost on Mars today.

Advertisement