Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree that some of the random encounters and things you find while out an about are excellent. However I didn't think hunting animals are going fishing was enjoyable at all, it was an exercise in tedium. The entire game is pure tedium. It looks absolutely incredible and the world Rockstar created is amazing but it just isn't fun to do anything.

Simple things like looting someone takes ages! The animation is enjoyable the first couple of times but surely you should have the option to skip it, likewise when you skin animals. There's far too much riding your horse across country, another decision to make the game more 'realistic' but in reality makes it boring.

It could have been an amazing game but the design choices are really poor.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a cowboy simulator really. Rockstar incorporated too many realistic but mundane real world things, such as long journey times etc.

They got the balance between realism and fun wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just platinumed Days Gone. It was a pretty enjoyable game, though marred by technical issues, especially in the second half of the game - slow down, texture pop in - that required a PS4 restart to resolve. The platinum wasn't that much of a grind, as I was doing all the missions anyway as I was enjoying the story. Disappointing to see that there's no sequel planned, as the story could have moved on but c'est la vie.

Will likely move on Assassins Creed Origins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Finished RDR2.

I enjoyed it overall. What I didnt enjoy was all the riding.

Never thought id say that :)

I platinumed the first one a while back, and I have the second one sitting there. I must actually play it soon, I think after Assassins Creed Origins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I see avengers is down to 24 euro on the store,worth a shot at that price?

Also civ 5 for 8 euro,might chance that,liked the old ones.

It's very average, and it's a bit of a grind fest. The story etc is fine, but you don't really get full customization of your characters until level 25, and the core story took me to level 7 or so. So yeah, lot of grinding (I didn't do the grind, online stuff, or the story DLC, the main story was enough).

It's not bad, just a bit half baked. If you have PS Plus, you do get the Hawkeye and Black Panther DLC (as well as the Spider-Man one when it comes out) so there is a lot of game for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Finally getting started on Horizon Zero Dawn after almost a year of putting it aside. Really good so far, story seems interesting and the combat is fun and doesnt seem too convoluted so far

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

LOL same on Red Dead! I purchased it cause it was on sale but kinda over it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Started Kena: Bridge of Spirits a mixture of Pikmin + Zelda in a smaller but vibrant hub world with what looks like an interesting story, love it so far. And it looks really good. Cuteness level 10/10 - photo mode has special action "Say cheese" so that characters either smile or pose for you. Don't sleep on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

There's fine lookin' wagons in that game. It's a damn shame you can't paint them.

Just replayed Infamous Second Son - I played it years ago, so decided to do an expert Evil replay and finish off the trophies. The control system has aged a bit, it's a bit dark in places, and overall, not one I would recommend to revisit. Very meh but was amazing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Just finished the Tsushima expansion with PS5 enhancements. If you liked the main game you're going to like the expansion, which I did.

I played H:ZD on PS4 Pro over a year ago and I've been saving the expansion to play on my PS5 because H:ZD made my Pro overheat.

Probably half-way into it and really enjoying it.. it took a little while to remember the combat mechanics though.

Not sure what I'm going to play next. Maybe Death loop or Death Stranding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Dirt 5. Fun and gorgeous looking arcade racer. I don't get the feeling it has huge depth, but for €1 (EA play offer for a month) it's great value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Just finishing some optional content on 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim to get what will be my second ever platinum.

I feel the need to keep telling people about this game because it’s so little known but it’s genuinely one of the absolute best games of the last few years and more people need to play it. It’s going cheap on PSN right now so it’s the perfect time to try it!

I’ve installed Lost Judgment which will be my next game to start in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Darksiders 2 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭KH25

Started a NG+ game on Miles Morales. I forgot how good the game looked. Really looking forward to the full sequel in 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Can hardly blame anyone for forgetting the third one.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion saying you can hardly blame anyone for forgetting the 3rd is misguided when the general consensus is that its a good game , all 3 got good reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And reviews are definitely honest and truthful to everyone and cover every single persons personal preference of what makes a good game. Not sure why I said 2, probably either very tired or inebriated. Still, I did manage to finish the first 2, couldn't finish the 3rd one...

Picked up Project Cars 3 the other night, the €100 version was down to €30 so why not says I! Terrible with the G29, but possibly the most fun I've had with a controller and a racing game. Something about it is just right with a controller, and the car felt slower overall with the G29. Saying that, I'm still on the Road E part, so I'd imagine like most racing game I'll lose interest the faster the cars get. Horsing a Lambo around a track is great, but horsing a Civic which I've actually driven in real life is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Horizon Zero Dawn. Pretty average in every sense of the word. I'd expect a big improvement for the sequel in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Finished It Takes Two on the ps5 with my wife tonight, what an exceptional gaming experience from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have jumped back into Ghost of Tsushima for the expansion. Man it's tough. I'm rusty, but the enemies in the new area ain't f*cking around regardless.

Advertisement