Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread.

Options
  • 28-08-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

Torres in.

240 mins so far and plenty of involvement today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

To get Torres, it would have to be Mount or Fernandes (Ronaldo will be on pens now) out. Or a -4 to convert the 5th midfielder. Then you are into pep roulette, ill wait until the transfer window shuts before deciding on a man city player i think

Also have Tsimikas problem too

Post edited by Dempsey on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Barnes has been a disaster, today was his last chance, I have 2 FTs so can save one and do Barnes to Torres now before any potential price rise, exact money to do it.

I can then worry about getting Ronaldo or Lukaku in after GW4. Bit torn due to Pep roulette though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any word on what Ronaldo's price will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Alternatively have exact money to do TAA & Ings to Duffy & Lukaku, but still stuck with Barnes in the team. Would give a front line of Lukaku/Armstrong/Antonio which is pretty sweet. Problem is though getting rid of TAA ahead of very good fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mahrez to Doucoure before he drops.

Still 1 FT and 3.5m now in bank to decide what to do over IB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not sure whether to wildcard or just transfer Barnes out and leave as is then. Concern would be Fernandes off pens as that does diminish him. Also Ben White playing for Arsenal but I can roll with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Thinking of using the free hit, and bringing in three from Spurs, United and Chelsea, all who I expect to win. Definitely want Ronaldo vs Newcastle, but may wait and see his price. City and Pool have harder away games on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Playing around I came up with:

Raya (Steer)

Tanganga-Alonso-Shaw (Duffy,Williams)

Son-Alli-Pogba-Mount (Gray)

Toney-Ronaldo-Lukaku

For one week only, I'd be happy with that, injury permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’d guess he would be coming in at least 12-12.5 mil-matching Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

There will be blank gameweek later on when you’ll be wishing you’d kept that free hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Ings and grealish to klich and lukaku. Have exact funds so thinking of doing it tonight with the safety net of a wildcard if things go tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,396 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just on this & chip strategy. We talk so much about using TC or BB on DGWs and FH on BGWs etc etc but I was having a look at the top ranked players in Ireland over the last couple of weeks and they seem to have played a couple chips but they have sound 'templatey' teams who have played their chips at the right time to me. TC on Salah GW1 and BB with a solid squad with Antonio & Benraham in GW2 etc. They don't look to be 'dead teams' who just TC the players from the club with easy fixture that week in a bid to get the highest score of the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Of course they are going to be top ranked. Anyone who has used TC and BB has scores from 5 extra players, which those of us who haven’t used those chips will get to ‘add in’ later in the season.

The guy in 1st who used his FH in GW2 only gained about 2 points from it. His original team had James (18 points) and Jota (8) both of whom he dropped. Whilst a good GW score, it’s actually a poor return from a FH chip.

These players have essentially sprinted the first couple of miles of a marathon so it’s no surprise they are ahead. I wouldn’t back them to finish there though.

It's the guy in 3rd place in Ireland currently.

What I really meant is that he just has his team and played the chips at the right time. Instead of holding them off until later in the season when a DGW appeared and spent weeks preparing for it then. Just timed 2 of the chips really well. And he doesn't appear to have a 'dead team'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

The guy in 3rd has only played BB from what I can see? He got 13 points which is average enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Going to wildcard this week. Have had a decent start and want to build on that. I had my team setup for BB in GW2 so have a stronger bench that I want to downgrade

How are you approaching the M United conundrum ?

Greenwood is unfortunately less attractive now.

Fernandes will defo lose penalties but may gain more assists.

Ronaldo may or may not work out.

Would you not want to see that setup for a few GW’s first or is it just a case of the tried and tested Fernandes but without spot kicks.

My thoughts on WC would be to go without Fernandes and spread that money around.

Sorry, 4th!

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2532295/event/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The problem with selling a premium player and spreading the money around is that it’s very hard to reverse that.

Fernandes + 7m attacker to Ronaldo + 7m midfielder is a pretty easy swap.

• Advertisement

True but you may not want to in the case of Fernandes if his output does drop off.

You can still have Salah and another premium like Kane or Lukaku.

I suppose it’s all about making calls and that’s the game.

Playing BB early is a perfectly reasonable strategy. TC is more dubious but it can make sense to try it in a single gameweek if you are really confident in that player and fixture. A lot of the time premium players won’t start both games in a double gameweek anyway if there is fixture congestion.

Playing FH now though is a different story. I think it’s objectively a bad strategy. If your team is in bits for this week for some reason, that’s time to wildcard, not free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭28064212

And hasn't finished inside the top 1.5 million in any of his previous six seasons.

Of course it's possible to play a successful chip early in the season. TC on Fernandes or Salah in gameweek 1 this season would be a great return. But it was very much a gamble - plenty of seasons have started off with heavy favourites being held by weaker teams, or players coming back after a busy summer not fully match fit. Generally speaking, playing chips later in the season is objectively "safer". Splurging them in the first couple of weeks typically isn't the sign of a strong FPL player

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

BB gameweek 1 is ok I think. It’s the only week in the year you can wildcard and bench boost in the same week. I have it saved for a double gameweek but that’s not necessarily a better strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I think more 12

Although they usually discount players who join the season late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I had pencilled on Ings to Jim this week but Torres does seem tempting. If you're not getting screwed by pep every week are you even playing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'll be getting Son but will annoyingly wait till after the international break

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hard to see Greenwood being dropped anytime soon so he'll be coming in too

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I’ve had him and Jota since gw 1. The plan was to sell them both after 2/3 gws but I want to keep Greenwood now.

Only thing is how will Ronaldo effect the united line up. Probably best to sell Bruno and keep Greenwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Barnes going is a definite.

Bruno out maybe I don't think he's worth the price when Ronaldo is likely on free/penalties.

Advertisement