Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Did Jimmi and Wolves in general look like doing much today?

Their fixtures turn big time for the next few weeks....had pencilled in Jimmi for Toney

Post edited by Cartman78 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I was thinking of selling him and just going with Ronaldo from United, but he's playing fantastic. You can see times like totday when United need a goal, everyone else comes off but he stays on there. For 7.6 he looks a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭COH

Wolves looked great - really should have been 2 or 3 up at half time tbh. If Traore in particular had any end product he'd be gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Traore is so frustrating, think I might get him anyways due to the fun factor, seems a more likely scorer then Jiminez.

Which isn't great as Ings is my easy transfer out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just did Barnes to Greenwood. Least I don't have to worry about Greenwood on international duty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have talked myself out of using the FH chip now, on advice in here, and going to instead bring in Son for Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Banking the transfer but Traore does look good. His goals/assists record is weak but if he and Wolves continue like they played today, he will definitely pick up points this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea Wolves look good. Traore was at his best and Trincao looked sharp. I wasn't impressed by Jimmi though, he wasn't as sharp as the other 2. I think Sais is a good option for them too, seems to be the main threat from corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Despite Son doing well and having Palace next, my gut is telling me to do Son+Ings to Jota+Lukaku. I have 2FTs. Madness or a good move?

Either that, or Ings to DCL, and roll the other transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think option one is dependent on how long Firmino is out for. If it’s only one gw the second option is better imo.

Jota could be rotated and Lukaku has Spurs and city in two of the next 3. I don’t see too many goals in those games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I had been planning to ship him out now too but I think even if he comes on with 20-25 min to go (which is a good chance with Ronaldo who will surely have his time managed a bit) he's a good chance of a goal imo. Keeping him for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone thinking of going without Ronaldo but getting Pogba instead? He has been playing some unbelievable balls over the top to break through defences, he did it again yesterday for Brunos offside goal

Who's gonna play is the problem. For the front 4 positions you now have

CF - Ronaldo, Cavani, Martial

LW - Rashford, James

AMC - Bruno

RW - Greenwood, Sancho

Obviously lots of fluidity between Martial playing wide and Greenwood up top too. Pogba plays deeper now I guess. I'm not even counting Lingard and Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah lots up in the air for starting line ups at United. I actually thought for some reason that Pogba was 7m or under but he started at 7.5m and is now 7.7m. I think Mount is a better long term hold in that price bracket once his fixtures swing in GW7

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Martial won’t be near the team again.

Ronaldo wil start when he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,256 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FTs and trying to move around value to get the 11.5 / 12.5 player upfront. I don't mind the odd -4 every so often so I'm not ruling it out. I WC'd during the International Break last season and my 'new' team did quite poor after it. In hindsight, I did it to catch price rises etc but it was a poor decision so won't be doing that again.

Currently looking at possibly doing;

Shaw -> Semedo

Mahrez-> Jota/Torres (depending on the Firmino injury news)

Ings -> Kane/Lukaku/Ronaldo. But I would only then have 10.5 and trying to find 1.0 somewhere is tough.

I would also prefer to dump Barnes & Toney. Barnes is an easy switch to Torres, albeit delaying the move will have cost me 0.2, but if Torres is returning I won't mind. But then I am playing Pep Roulette with 2 different attacking players which doubles the risk.

Maybe the better option is to not rush into any premium moves, and instead delay moving Ings -> Lukaku/Kane over time, along with Mahrez to a cheap enabler like Sissoko or even Gray. I really would prefer to have Lukaku vs Aston Villa though! But he then moves into the tricky fixtures after that. Ronaldo has 2 good fixtures and 2 tricky ones before a sustained period of tricky fixtures. Kane has one nice fixture, then 2 tough ones. I think I might try and hold out until GW7 for a premium and slowly move towards that with Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Ronaldo 12.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Bit on high side, checked earlier, hadn't been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I was expecting him to be that.

I can go Fernandes to Torres (who I had an eye on anyway) and Toney to Ronaldo to leave me with:

Sanchez (Steele)

Rudiger TAA Ayling (Livramento Tsimikas)

Mount Salah Benrahama Torres (Gilmour)

Ings Ronaldo Antonio

Leaves me 0.3 in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Calvert for ings I am thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think Ings has been very lucky in his first few games.

Hes only had 4 shots, 3 of which were on target, 2 of them goals.

Will have .7 left with same moves.

Steele Sanchez

Duffy Taa White Amartey Coufal

Salah Torres Benrahma Greenwood Brownhill

Ronaldo Ings Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Jeez Ronaldo at that price really doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Happy to change my mind but I won't be an early mover for him.

Would much rather Kane but think I'll keep going with Salah/Son and 3 of the mid priced strikers for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Listening to the Totally Football podcast there, the guy who covers Seria A said that although Ronaldo's stats were still solid for Juve the overall team output went down by ~20 goals a season.

Tldr.... Ronaldo will probably still score loads but Utd will be generally less potent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Any love for Jiminez ahead of the fixture turn in that price bracket?

I know he hasn't put points on the board but they seem to be creating chances and they should all flow through him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You'd have to wonder though how much the injury will affect him - will he be throwing himself at balls - especially in situations that he knows he could get hurt, or would he opt out of those 50/50's - the ones where you know the keeper is going to clatter you...

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Before gw 1 I was thinking Jimenez in gw 4 but like you said I don’t think he’s back to himself. There was one example (forget who exactly it was against) where there was a cross put in perfect to attack with the head and he backed off and tried to take it down and shoot.

He was 14.2 when he left the league 12 years ago

• Advertisement

Ah I know, played it then too, but he was prolific back then, captain every week. Lad at work, City fan wouldn't have him in team and done poorly in league!

Advertisement