Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I just checked, this isn't exactly true, they have been pretty consistent with goals scored over the last 8 years or so.

No real Ronaldo induced drop (in Seria A anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not sure on whether I will play the WC or just take a -4, but I just saw that Tsimikas is likely to fall, and hence would lose the 0.1m on him. Kinda annoying as he wasn't in places to sell this week if not WCing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wolves are creating loads but that have just no end product atm. That should change with their fixture swing but Id like to see it first as theres still question marks on Jimenez. Trincao on the right seems really good and he should have scored v United at the weekend.

I need to sell Tsimikas soon and am thinking of either Coady or Saiss to play most weeks before Ayling. I think Wolves defence is pretty solid given that they only conceded one goal to both Spurs and United. They werent dominated in those games either and should have got a draw v Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was very impressed with Trincao myself, but at 5.9 I can't see him getting into my team for a bit. Hwang will be an interesting one for the watchlist, at 5.5 Fwd he might be a bit of an enabler. His stats weren't great last year for RBL but Wolves tend to be very good with their transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Had a few pints last night and woke up to Ronaldo(c) and no Bruno. So much for being patient and waiting until the end of the break to make transfers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Did the same and had the same plan. Fernandes and Ings dropping forced my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

But they only dropped the 0.1 they had gone up? If you had them before their rise, it made no difference to your finances either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Yes, but I think its very likely that we'll have further drops before the deadline and I had just enough budget to do transfers. Bit of a risk I know.

haha Im laughng here because last season my routine was to have a few pints Friday night and then get transfers done after it. The amount of cock ups that resulted in was unreal.

At least you woke up with Ronaldo, last season I woke up with Bednarek and he subsequently delivered up an own goal and a red card in the same game 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I can bring in Ronaldo by doing

Son -> Fornals

Ings -> Ronaldo

but I'm uncomfortable losing the boy Son. Now looking at this for a -4:

Shaw -> 4.5m

Mount -> Allan

Ings -> Ronaldo

What do we think is better option?

• Advertisement

I too have Son, and it would make life easier selling him, but last season he was returning double digit scores for fun - and he already have two double digit returns in three games, and that is without Kane providing any assists, so for those reasons i'm keeping him.

I also have Shaw and issue with selling him is that perhaps Ronaldo could get his head to a lot of his crosses, and could get more assists.

Assuming you have Antonio, who is your third striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'd go for the first option, especially if you have to play the 4.5 defender and Allan most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Yeah I've Antonio from the start along with Bamford.

The two 4.5m defenders at Spurs... how are they looking for future game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Unless freeing up cash is an issue, I would think that Shaw is more of a GW5 (or GW8) transfer out than a GW4 transfer out, if you are selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Any love for Smith-Rowe? Arsenal have very favourable fixtures coming up and White, Partey and Gabriel are back making them alot more solid at the back

Is there any risk that ESR doesn't keep his spot when all the covid hit players are back in team? Partey/Lacazette/Auba. You'd expect Saka, Pepe, Odegaard all to start, so someone has to miss out??

I think he's safe. Been the best Arsenal player for the past year at this stage, and taken the number 10 shirt as a sign that they're rebuilding around him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ings to DCL providing he's fit and Barnes to someone then with my 2FT. Thinking of a punt on Sarr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks like there is 2 more possible options on the Pep Roulette.

That said, I think I'm slowly convincing myself that playing roulette with a 7.1 asset is not going to be as heartbreaking as with a 8.0, 8.9, 10.9 or 11.9 asset if they are benched.

I saw a good tweet on Pep roulette last week

FPL Players, GW1: 'Mahrez got lots of pre season minutes, he looks nailed on for the first few fixtures at least'

GW 2/3: 'Mahrez isnt getting enough minutes, have to get him out of my squad'

GW4: 'Torres looks nailed on and is playing no.9, I have to get him into my squad'

And on it goes 😂

• Advertisement

The more I look at it, the more I think I want nothing to do with City.

In the past I loved having one of the premiums, either KDB or Aguero, I've never had any luck with the mid-priced Mahrez/Sane/Torres/Silva/Foden types

Yea i think KdB when fully fit plays and all the other players are rotated in/out. I saw a stat last year that Rodri played something like 43 games and they never lost, then he started the CL on bench and they lost, and same with the Spurs game - on bench and lost. Although he's not really a FF asset - he will take up a spot in the team.

Maybe if KdB is fit and comes good he's worth getting in - but then if he's not on penalties is he worth money?

Did Raphina go to South America in the end? I can't see any sign of him in their squads for the two games Brazil played so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No, but I thought I read somewhere that Brazil took umbrage and made a complaint to FIFA.

May miss a game if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

None of the brazilian premier league players joined up with the national team.

How bad are Norwich - was it a case that City were just so good when they beat them 5-0, or are Norwich that bad on the road - Arsenal play them at home next, could it be a potential for PEA to get going in the league? It will probably be the first game that Arsenal have their full squad available, and they have a tasty run of games.

Part of me wants to play the FH chip this week - there are games where i think i would like players but not for the next 2/3 after - for example Lukaku v depleted Villa but GW5/6 are tough. Likewise Auba v Norwich has potential, but if it turns south, i know i don't want him in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Same, at least if KDB was fully fit he would be nailed to start, but theres other options for players 11m+ this year. Give me a guaranteed starter over a city player who may possibly get 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭macraignil

Brought in Torres myself early in the transfer window and he is my first City player to bring in this season because of the question of rotation. The thing I think is relevant is that they seem to be playing well and there are a number of other teams with bigger squads now that also have the potential to rest players at any time. In the same price bracket there is Jota who could be left on the bench for Fermino or Mount and Ziyech or Greewood and Cavani.... To me it seems like the top teams and particularly those in European competition are setting themselves up to have a viable second player for every position so it is not just City that have this as an issue with their players this season. Torres scored a couple of days back for Spain as well which probably helps his case for playing more up front at club level.

How would people rate these mid-priced midfielders at those big clubs? I probably have room for 1 maybe 2 in my team, and am leaning towards Torres and Greenwood over Jota and Mount

• Advertisement

Advertisement