Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Didn't realise Season 5 of Chesapeake Shores was being released weekly. Wouldn't have started watching it until it had all been released if I did. Weekly releases are for regular TV not Netflix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Are the “Untold “ documentaries worth a watch ?

Ill watch the basketball one anyways and I guess I can judge it from that !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The Bruce Jenner documentary is excellent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

EDENS ZERO 1 Season 1 (Japanese) -Aboard the Edens Zero, a lonely boy with the ability to control gravity embarks on an adventure to meet the fabled space goddess known as Mother

Fear of Rain - A girl living with early-onset schizophrenia must discern what is real or not when she suspects that her neighbor has kidnapped a child.

Family Reunion Part 4 - When the McKellan family moves from Seattle to small-town Georgia, life down South -- and traditional grandparents -- challenge their big-city ways

Added

What’s Coming to Netflix September

N = Netflix original

September 1st

• Battlefield Behemoths: A History of the Tank – The World Wars (Season 1) – Military docuseries looking into how tanks changed warfare.
    • Brave Animated Series (Season 1) – Adult animation series about superheroes ridding the world of evil.
    • Cemetery Junction (2010) – British comedy set in the 1970s starring Felicity Jones.
    • Chicago Fire (Multiple Seasons) – NBC series set in Chicago from Dick Wolf.
    • Chicago Med (Multiple Seasons) – NBC series set in Chicago from Dick Wolf.
    • Clique (Seasons 1-2) – BBC drama thriller series created by Jess Brittain.
    • Exit Wounds (2001) – Action thriller starring Steven Seagal and DMX about a thought cop infiltrating a web of corrupt cops.
    • Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008) – John Cho and Kal Penn star in this buddy comedy.
    • How to Be a Cowboy (Season 1) N – Reality series hosted by Dale Brisby looking to keep the cowboy tradition alive.
    • HQ Barbers (Season 1) – Nollywood comedy series.
    • Kid-E-Cats (Season 2) – Kids animated series.
    • Kuroko’s Basketball (Season 3) – Anime series following the Teiko Middle School Basketball Team.
    • Lego Marvel Avengers: Climate Conundrum (Limited Series) – Animated Lego series.
    • Mrs. Wilson (Mini-series) – BBC limited series about a grieving widow discovering her husband led a life of lies.
    • My Summer Prince (2016) – Hallmark family rom-com.
    • Old School (2003) – Ensemble comedy starring Vince Vaughn, Steve Carrell, Will Ferrell, and Luke Wilson.
    • Rush Hour (1998) – Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker team in this classic comedy.
    • Shameless (U.S.) (Season 10) – The tenth season of the US adaptation of the Channel 4 comedy.
    • Shot Caller (2017) – Crime thriller starring Game of Thrones’s Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
    • Something’s Gotta Give (2003) – Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton rom-com.
    • The Bang Bang Club (2010) – Ryan Phillippe biopic on four combat photographers.
    • The Guns of Navarone (1961) – Classic war movie about a team of allied saboteurs assigned to infiltrate a Nazi-held island.
    • The Iron Giant (1999) – Brad Bird’s classic animated movie about a young boy befriending a giant robot.

September 2nd

• Afterlife of the Party (2021) N – Victoria Justice stars in this comedy about a girl who gets a second chance to right her wrongs after dying.
    • Here and There – Filipino drama.
    • Q-Force (Season 1) N – Gary Cole, Sean Hayes, Patti Harrison and David Harbour voice various members of an LGBTQ-focused secret agent organisation.
    • The Guardian – Thriller about a backup singer promoted to the lead singer in a band but is plagued by supernatural horrors.

September 3rd

• Dive Club (Season 1) N – Australian live-action kids series about a group of teens searching for mysteries underwater.
    • Money Heist (Season 5 – Part 1) N – The Spanish cult-hit returns for the first half of a two-part final season.
    • Pentagram (2019) – British horror movie about a group of teens having to survive the night after getting strapped in a pentagram.
    • Sharkdog (Season 1) N – Kids animated series from ViacomCBS Digital Studios about a boy and his half-dog and half-shark pet.
    • Worth (2021) N – Political biopic on the true story of the lawyer facing an uphill battle to get justice for the victims of 9/11.

September 5th

• Touch Your Heart (Season 1) – Korean drama series.

September 6th

• Countdown: Inspiration4 Mission to Space (Season 1 – Episodes 1 & 2) N – Docuseries that is covering the SpaceX manned space flight from the team behind ESPN’s and Netflix’s The Last Dance.
    • Shadow Parties (2021) – Nollywood thriller.
    • Tayo The Little Bus (Season 4) – Kids animated series.

September 7th

• Kid Cosmic (Season 2) N – Return of the stylish kids animated series about a young boy with superpowers. Also renewed for season 3.
    • Octonauts: Above and Beyond (Season 1) N – A new spin-off of the kids animated series.
    • Untold Breaking Point (2021) N – Sports documentary about the American tennis player Mardy Fish.

September 8th

• Into the Night (Season 2) N – The sci-fi Belgium series about a plane having to keep ahead of the sun’s deadly rays.
    • JJ+E / Vinterviken 2021 (2021) – Romantic drama about two youngsters living together in a city but living very different lives.

September 9th

• Blood Brothers: Malcolm X & Muhammad Ali (2021) N – Documentary on two icons and influential figures with rare archive footage.
    • The Women and the Murderer (2021) N – French serial killer documentary on The Beast of Bastille.

September 10th

• 1917 (2019) – The multi-Oscar winning Sam Mendes WW1 movie about two soldiers tasked with delivering a message.
    • Bananas!* (2009) – Documentary about the lawyer Juan Dominguez who sets out to win at court against a company using pesticides on Bananas.
    • Here Are The Young Men (2020) – Irish drama about young teenagers leaving school without a job and heading towards a path of self-destruction.
    • Kate (2021) N – Action thriller directed by Cedric Nicolas-Troyan and headlined by Mary Elizabeth Winstead. About an assassin who has 24 hours left to live after being poisoned.
    • L.A.’s Finest (Season 2) – Second season of the comedy cop duo which serves as a spin-off to Bad Boys.
    • Lucifer (Season 6) N – The final season of the Tom Ellis led detective series where he plays the devil. Expect a teary final season.
    • Metal Shop Masters (Season 1) N – Competition series pitting welders against each other to make unique contraptions.
    • Omo Ghetto: the Saga (2021) – Nollywood action-comedy.
    • Prey (2021) N – German survival movie about five friends having to escape a shooter.
    • Titipo Titipo (Season 2) –
    • Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) – The long-awaited sequel to Zombieland directed by Ruben Fleischer.

September 15th

• Countdown: Inspiration4 Mission to Space (Season 1 – Episodes 3 & 4) N – Two new episodes of the docuseries.
    • Nailed It! (Season 6) N – Emmy-nominated baking competition show hosted by Nicole Byer returns.
    • Schumacher (2021) N – F1 documentary on the German racer Michael Schumacher and his career in the sport.

September 17th

• Chicago Party Aunt (Season 1) N – Animated comedy series. Featuring the vocal talents of RuPaul, Ike Barinholtz, and Lauren Ash.
    • Sex Education (Season 3) N – Comedy series seeing the return of all your favorites.
    • Squid Game (Season 1) N – Sci-fi Korean drama series which is compared to Alice in Borderland.

September 22nd

• Confessions of an Invisible Girl (2021) N – Brazillian rom-com directed by Bruno Garotti.
    • Dear White People (Season 4) N – The final volume (and musical focused season) of the satire drama.

September 23rd

• A StoryBots Space Adventure (2021) N – Animated special based on the StoryBots IP.

September 24th

• Ganglands (Season 1) N – French thriller.

• Midnight Mass (Limited Series) N – From the creator of The Haunting of Bly Manor and Hill House comes another horror series.
    • My Little Pony: A New Generation (2021) N – All new 3D animated feature film starring your favorite My Little Pony characters.

September 28th

• Ada Twist, Scientist (Season 1) N – Kids animated series from Chris Nee and the Obamas production company Higher Ground adapting the books of a young girl interested in science.

September 29th

• Sounds Like Love (2021) N – Spanish rom-com about a 30-year-old who is stuck as an assistant but vows to move forward with her life.

The Chestnut Man (from the creators of the Killing )

September 30th

• Love 101 (Season 2) N – Turkish teen drama series returns.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looking forward to season 2 of Into the Night; total rubbish, but entertaining and solid at the same time. Netflix has been doing a good line in European Genre series.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Iron Giant is one of my fave films of all time. Have it on BluRay but I'm delighted to see it streaming.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

One of my favourites too. Brilliant film that I don't think has received the recognition it deserves.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'm pretty sure it was a commercial flop at the time, with a variety of contributing factors. It really was a very slow word of mouth thing over the years that got it a much bigger audience, but even then it seems to still be under seen/rated. Hopefully it being widely available like this will bring it to a new audience.

netflix hosting their own online event in september

https://www.tudum.com/?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I thought it was excellent.

Can't wait for a second season.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Archer Season 11 doesn't appear to be showing up in the Irish catalogue but it is on the UK one. Odd as previously the seasons have appeared at the same time as the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It must be close to 20 years since I've seen The Iron Giant. Absolutely delighted it's found it's way onto a major streaming service.

Titletown High Season 1 - In a Georgia town where football rules and winning is paramount, a high school team tackles romance, rivalries and real life while vying for a title

D.P. Season 1(Korean) - A young private's assignment to capture army deserters reveals the painful reality endured by each enlistee during his compulsory call of duty.

He's All That - An influencer specializing in makeovers bets she can transform an unpopular classmate into prom king in this remake of the teen classic "She's All That."

Heart Arlo Season 1 - It's a whole new world for Arlo and his one-of-a kind pals when they set out to restore a run-down New York City neighborhood -- and make it their own

Downton Abbey (the movie )- Turn back the clock with the Crawley family and their staff as they prepare for a new era and a royal visit. But even perfect plans can go awry.

added

2 Alone in Paris (French) - A bumbling Paris policeman is doggedly determined to capture the master thief that repeatedly eludes him, even when they're the last two men on Earth

Bread Barbershop Seasons 2 - In a town filled with food, Bread is a master cake decorator who gives life-changing makeovers that will put any customer in an amazing mood

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I have no idea how this script was signed off. The cheap premise set it up to be a hard sell and just about every aspect of its production confirmed it. This is laughably bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Malice at the Palace another excellent documentary.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The Ingenuity of the Househusband Season 1 (Japanese) - A tough guy with a knack for housework tackles household tasks with meticulous care in these comedic live-action vignettes

added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shameless season 10 at last !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

I see there's a documentary on Bob Ross. Was he a thing here in Ireland or is it something we've imported from our American cousins? The reason I ask is my dad was an artist and I watched my fair share of similar painting programmes growing up but never remember him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I don't remember coming across Bob Ross during my childhood. Don Conroy would have been the equivalent I guess. I only became aware of who Bob Ross was as an adult as I got more exposed to US pop culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

There was a guy on TG4, Irish Paint Magic that's a Bob Ross Instructor. If you never watched Bob Ross before seeing him you would think he was one of a kind but then if you watch a few of Bob Ross's shows you realize he just a poor copycat.

he tried to even makes the whooshing noises and uses the same phrases.

Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo: Season 1 – In this new series, Marie applies the fundamentals of the KonMari Method to businesses, relationships and communities. Throughout the process, viewers will also step into Marie’s own home, meet her family and get a glimpse into how she sparks joy in her daily life.

Untold: Crime & Penalties - They were the bad boys of hockey -- a team bought by a man with mob ties, run by his 17-year-old son, and with a rep for being as violent as they were good.

Ben Is Back - A mother is overjoyed when her troubled son returns home for Christmas, but his battle with addiction soon leads to trouble for the entire family.

The Blind Side - In this sports drama based on a true story, an affluent couple takes in a homeless teenager and nurtures his growth into a football powerhouse

Good Girls Season 4 -Three suburban moms orchestrate a local grocery store heist to escape financial ruin and establish independence -- together.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Rfrip

clickbait was very enjoyable!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I can't think of anything more pointless. The first film, was lightning in a bottle that's never going to be replicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a direct sequel to the original, ignoring the sequels and remakes. Seems the common way to do things now. Halloween, Candyman and think there were others. We must be due a Nightmare on Elm St sequel

Advertisement