Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Only Murders in the Building - Hulu - Steve Martin & Martin Short

Options
  • 16-06-2021 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭

Starts August 31st.
    Three strangers share an obsession with true crime and suddenly find themselves wrapped up in one. When a grisly death occurs inside their exclusive Upper West Side apartment building, the trio suspects murder and employs their precise knowledge of true crime to investigate the truth. Perhaps even more explosive are the lies they tell one another. Soon, the endangered trio comes to realize a killer might be living among them as they race to decipher the mounting clues before it's too late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Steve Martin & Martin Short ... Selena Gomez?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It will premiere on Tuesday, August 31 on Star exclusive to Disney Plus

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anyone watched it yet?

I liked it. It took a turn pretty quickly I wasn't expecting. It's quite mellow and nice too, like it's a gentle comedy, which I was worried it wouldn't be when I saw the cast.

Wish there was more than 2 eps up though, especially when they're only 30ish minutes.

I enjoyed the first 3 episodes and felt it got better as it went along.

Just great to see Steve Martin and Martin Short together on screen again and to be fair Gomez is bouncing off both really well.

• Advertisement

I've always liked Selena Gomez. Not a huge fan of her music career but she was a rare Disney kid that actually seemed to understand comedy acting and not just ham it up.

I've only watched the first 2 but she seems to be holding her own against the two veterans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hard to get an idea of the tone of this show based on what I've read so far so I'll have to jump in and give the first two episodes a watch. I have heard good things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have only watched the first two episodes....but hugely enjoying it.

You can tell Steve Martin and Martin short are close friends in real life they have a brilliant rapport, but Selena Gomez is a bit of a revelation I haven't seen her act in anything before. Looking forward to episode 3.

Gives you real sense of New York...plus those apartments wowsers.

The podcast is also so spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I love this show. First episode had me a bit worried, but it found it's feet in the next two episodes and had some very funny lines. Gorgeous looking show too: I love those old New York buildings. Martin Short has really settled into things too. I initially thought that he might be a bit OTT but now he's actually acting rather than just being Martin Short :) Sting as a potential murder suspect is a great addition too!

Can we keep in mind that some of us are watching at Irish pace, meaning anyone watching at US pace is an episode ahead. Sting isn't a huge spoiler but who knows what might happen in later eps.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sorry about that. I was going to put in a spoiler but I couldn't figure out how to do it (still can't!). I'll be more careful.

No need no apologise. Your post just made me realise that it could be an issue at some point.

Another cracker of an episode. The addition of Tina Fey's character makes things very interesting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just finished episode 3....it is such a fun watch...Nathan Lane.

I would totally go to see Splash! The musical.

Plus...don't stand so close to Sting....

It is quite enjoyable, good trio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭archfi

Another thumbs up from me

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I thought at the start that I might like this but after this week I think I love it. There's something oddly comforting about it.

Ep 4 - I thought Sting was going to be a one off throw away joke so I was surprised to see him again this week. His little song was great.

Great comedians doing great comedy and none of it forced you can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Started this over the weekend because Steve Martin and Martin short you can hook to my veins. I knew who Selena Gomez was and that she was in TV as a kid and I wasn’t sure how she’d gel with the two lads but after two episodes she seems to be doing good. She doesn’t sound like I expected her to either.

• Advertisement

I'm 3 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. Is Disney+ always going to be a week behind? It's not even that clear to me what day it gets released on Disney+ now since they moved away from Friday releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm enjoying this one also. For some reason I've gotten caught up watching 3 or 4 shows now with weekly releases, which is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really enjoying this. Reminds me a lot of "Bored to Death" from a few years ago.

I liked Bored to Death but it's all very hazy. I can't believe it's 10 years since it's no longer airing.

This show on the other hand I absolutely adore after 5 episodes. Really impressed with it on multiple levels. It's like the show I never really knew I wanted but is exactly what I needed right now,

Post edited by S.M.B. on

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Watched the 5 episodes and I love it. Great cast with a great script. Martin and Short are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I like a lot of early Steve Martin stuff but i didn't think the trailer for this was in any way funny. Not sure if I'll commit yet.

Looks like it's added to Disney+ at 8.00am on Tuesdays. I now look forward to 8.00am each Tuesday so I can watch this before work. I'm proper hooked.

What a truly brilliant non spoken episode this week.

The use of the soundtrack was amazing and that scrabble game :)

Scrabblesexting rocks.

That may not be a plot spoiler but I'd really love to have gone into what is "next week's episode" in my Disney+ world not knowing the above.

:(

• Advertisement

Well it does say hulu in the thread title not Disney.

The episode.

Loved the whole way they did silent approach to episode and the scrabble gag was fantastic.

I would where they will go now with that ending.

Advertisement