Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

z3u8Cmf.jpg

So we reach the christmas equinox... we're going over the top of the hill today folks and our descent starts here... :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    z3u8Cmf.jpg

So we reach the christmas equinox... we're going over the top of the hill today folks and our descent starts here... :D

Welcome to Christmas hump day, it's all down hill from here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I figured today was the best day to start back in this forum! Happy Rudolph day! Got the socks on (and heating)...
    Enjoy today everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I figured today was the best day to start back in this forum! Happy Rudolph day! Got the socks on (and heating)...
    Enjoy today everybody!

You're dead right....it's feckin' freezing!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    You're dead right....it's feckin' freezing!

It will snow any day now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

TRS30 wrote: »
    It will snow any day now :D

Don’t jinx us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’m having turkey and ham and salad from a deli tonight.
    Half ways there now.
    I saw Dunnes advertising ‘’Back to School’Yesterday.
    We'll have the tubs of sweets in the shops the month after next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Posy wrote: »
    Christmas tree sprinkles please. :D

For you. All out of Christmas trees though, sorry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh lovely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Watched Love Actually last night to mark the day, hadn't seen it all the way through in a few years and absolutely loved it. Brilliant film.

• Advertisement

It’s getting closer 👍

Glad it's on a Sunday so properly treat myself. Might have a full Sunday roast with turkey if weather cools down a bit by then.

Almost forgot the date 🦌I'm off this weekend so can properly enjoy Rudolph day, roast chicken, stuffing, and roasties will be added to the menu 😁

No.7 of 11...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Number 7 of 11. Well that’s a little terrifying.

Happy Rudolph Day, all!

Phew! Couldn't feel any less Christmassy, weather wise. 😎🍦

Happy Rudolph Day everyone! I'm wearing my very festive home county jersey today and really looking forward to the Sunday roast. Time for ice cream 😎

Just back from a day at keel beach in Achill and couldn't agree more... fabulous warm and sunny day... thank god for air conditioning in cars!!

Happy Rudolph Day!!!!

Had a lovely sunny day, lots of ice-cream and a nice outdoor dinner.

Practiced my Christmas carols on the piano for a while this evening, watched Virgin River on Netflix, and and topped the day off by listening to Christmas FM tonight before going to bed. 🙂

• Advertisement

Belated Happy Rudolph day guys.

Ended up having the chicken roast on Sat and was ice cream yesterday!

They keep saying the heatwave is going to end and it just keeps rolling on!

Just a heads up that tomorrow is our 8th Rudolph day (of 11) for 2021....

Pay day! 😂😂

Use to be my pay day as well, till new company moved it to last working day of the month. Been a few months now and still not use to it!

Same... ours is the last Wednesday of the month where all 5 working days of that week are in the same month (yeah, took me a while to work it out too!)

My Mrs is the same, she hates it... quite often I'm paid nearly a week before she is and it drives her nuts 😀

My OH and I both work for the same company so was a double whammy when it happened!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Holy heck, I just checked and we don't get paid til 24th December >:(

• Advertisement

That's a long wait from the end of August...😉

Advertisement