Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are we going for protein?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Still waiting for my order from 20th of July. Not ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Ordered from Bulk on the afternoon of 25th July & it shipped the same day. For some reason it took till the 2nd of August to arrive in the country, so 8 days or so, which is crazy.

Currently going into the 6th August and no sign of it, last it says on the 2nd August - non EU presented to customs.

Sent Bulk an email earlier today, will see what they say.

Very frustrating.

Got the following reply from Bulk on my order.

So, maybe it is a case of wait & see can they find a work around or else order less than 2kg in total of animal products.

"Hello,

We're hugely sorry for the delay regarding your recent bulk™ order -

We have been shipping well for months now. After investigation - we discovered that sadly due to a recent un-notified change to personal allowance import rules, we are unable to send orders containing over 2kg of animal origin products. For us, that includes popular products such as Pure Whey Protein, Liquid Egg Whites and other customer favourites.

We were not made aware of this change coming into effect prior to sending out your order (otherwise we wouldn’t have sent it and informed you), and as such your parcel has been refused entry into Ireland and will be returned to us. You will be fully refunded for the cost of your order and shipping, and the refund will be with you in the next 2-3 days.

We are truly aware of how disappointing and frustrating this experience is for you, and it is absolutely not the service we should be providing you as a valued bulk™ customer.

The teams are working hard on processing your refund and ensuring we have a new delivery solution for orders going ‘Live’ over the weekend (we thought we might need a back-up).

We can’t apologise enough for the inconvenience this must have caused. The experience hasn’t been to the usual high standards we pride ourselves on and we are working tirelessly to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We understand the impact of not receiving your order in good time on your health & training.

If you need any more information or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at hello@bulk.com. Team bulk™"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Why hasn't Kerry foods or similar got into this? kind of ironic that on cow island we have to get the stuff from the Brits.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭Macy0161

If I recall correctly, we actually export the vast majority of the whey that is produced from the cheese making process. Anyway, after the early orders, things had settled down to near pre-brexit timeframes - seems to have gone back to delays. I know in Britain they're saying there's a shortage of HGV drivers (for every other possible reason, except brexit), which I guess could be impacting. I've had a few (non-protein) orders disappear into the blackhole that is fastways warehousing over the pandemic though.

• Advertisement

I was wondering that the base ingredient might come from here . the 2KG thing seems new though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I'm sure I read before it does, but am not even going to start tracking that down. I suppose some probably going directly into "protein milks" and the other protein products that the multiples are carrying.

So temporarily at least, what are the Irish alternatives for getting some Whey? I am sure there is a range of prices.

Kinetica I am familiar with. Discount Supplements is a shop iirc so they may have a few brands & deliver within Ireland.

Any other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Ah, crap. I just put a massive order in with Myprotein as hate the whole slobbering with discount codes and them messing around with the base prices every other week. Only ever put an order in when the basket prices are actually decent. It shipped yesterday so let's see.

What's the take on https://www.rosnutrition.com/ie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

€20/kg for whey looks on the expensive side on Rosnutrition

• Advertisement

HP Nutrition often gets mentioned as having good service - https://www.hpnutrition.ie/My-Protein-Impact-1kg?search=myprotein

tbh, I'm generally overstocked enough for whey as I wait for the offers. I'd like to buy Irish, but it's one of those things none of the suppliers can compete with. If I was stuck, there's a local enough Discount Supplements that'd I'd go in store for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Prices on myprotein and bulk (they seem to price match) are the highest I've seen them. I'm used to ordering a 5kg bag for c. €50, they're over €80 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm paying between 40 - 47 for - 2.5KG back this year, didn't realize you could get a 5KG for that

Would have to disagree with any claims there has been a price increase. Have always ordered 5kg regular whey for ~€50-€60 with codes on either MyProtein or Bulk and my most recent order was last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

How confident are you of getting that order based on recent replies in here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I got a delivery from myprotein within 3 days a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Ordered Electrolytes on July19th from Bulk - no animal products here.

Dispatched July 20th - With Fastway since July 30th - never received them - both have been contacted via Contact Form, no reply from either despite automated reply.

Im done with them - for the marginal price saving and frequency I buy, simply not worth it.

They had 45% off last week. They generally do these offers at least once a month. tbh I only didn't pull the trigger as the last few months they've followed it with a short term 50% off. My last order was probably a month ago - I think it was 4 working days to my door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Also ordered with bulk on 20th July, still no sign of it.

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for my order placed July 15th, over 10kg worth of whey.

Not feeling confident.

Will be looking at a new supplier.

My delivery is now with fast way.

We've received your parcel in our central distribution hub. It will be with you in 1-2 working days, depending on the delivery service timeframe you requested

ah bless, I got that message +2 weeks ago , still nada

Customs must be sampling so it looks like the luck of the draw, its not sustainable though, the UK companies need to inform Irish buyers before they buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I sent a second email asking where my order was and they gave me a 45% off code. I still haven't received my order though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaz22

my myprotein order been sitting in Fastway's depot for over a week now too. looks like itll be sent back to them if its true about the 2kg rule. Bulk's website says everything is shipped from Poland so they shouldnt even be stopped by customs. myprotein told me back in january that they would be sending EU orders from their EU distribution center but thats obviosly not true, the tracking says "non EU presented to customs".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Bought creatine off these boys yesterday at 11. Delivered this morning.

We are sorry to advise that due to new custom regulations your order 311966995 has been returned back to us.

New regulations stipulate that any dairy/whey product over 2kg or a shipment collectively exceeding that weight will be stopped and returned by customs.

Rest assured we are working on a solution which will resolve this imminently. We are currently in the process of temporarily removing all dairy/whey products over 2kg from our site and adding notifications to our basket and checkouts.

In the meantime, a refund has been processed for your order and this will go back to your account in the next 5 working days.

Regards,

Team Myprotein

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rainagain

I've bought from bodyfirst .ie without issue (I can't post links)

Wow, that will probably change the equation back to Irish supplies. I see the site only has 1kg bags, but the total weight is going to be a killer. Where do the bars sit with that customs ruling? I try to avoid them, but are handy on the move!

Got that mail too. Anyone recommend a flavour that goes well porridge or Greek yoghurt from optimum nutrition. Tried chocolate peanut butter. It's a bit naff.

Double rich chocolate is the best for me. Can't go wrong with the big 3 flavours - Chocolate, Stawberry, or Vanilla. The rest can be sickly sweet and flavour fatigue sets in after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've had chocolate mint which is nice. The new cereal milk flavour has got good reviews.

• Advertisement

This caught my eye as a good price from an Irish based supplier for anyone looking to make a big order https://www.perfectbody.ie/special-offers/scitec-nutrition-100-whey-protein-professional-5000-g?sort=p.price&order=DESC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I purchased some peanut butter, vegan protein and BCAA drinks from My Protein on the 29th of July.

They have just cleared customs after 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure if the customs labelling was correct, no animal products in my purchase. Hopefully, they will turn up in the next two days. Fastway say they have it now.

This will be a pain in the backside if the delivery time stays at three weeks!

Not overly confident. Placed my order with MyProtein on the 5th of August. No idea where it is. It's not showing up in FedEx tracking and MyProtein has been giving me the generic "it's delayed with customs response", but would have thought it would be tracked up to that point...

Well over any apparent 2kg limit for animal products. Is that confirmed? And was it part of the changes in July?

Anyway, will give it another few days before finding a reasonable alternative supplier here.

Just been refunded. Looks like no more Myprotein in Ireland for the foreseeable for those of you who plan to order more than 2kg of anything animal product related.

Myprotein is taking a hammering on the .ie version of their Trustpilot reviews with a few Irish reviews popping up on the .com version. And rightly so. They've been abysmal these past few weeks.

So where is everyone going now?

I don't get why protein which is vegetarian approved is being treated as "Animal Product".

• Advertisement

I messaged them about my order and they won't even mention the customs issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaz22

the worst thing about both Bulk and MyProtein is their sites say they ship from EU, why lie about it? this is my second order this year rejected by customs, no apology and Bulk wouldn't honor my order from january telling me that i can order the same products at an extra €105. first myprotein order took 6 weeks to come back in March and now this one is rejected by customs which wouldnt happen if they shipped from the EU like the site says.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭foxsake

fastway are sh1t too only an email service for customer support

auto reply saying they will reply in 48hours.

5 days later... [insert spongebob meme]...not even a sorry

g1mps

Not loving the look of prices on AOB Nutrition and some of the other suppliers mentioned in the thread.

Wondering if ordering from MyProtein Germany .de would work? Seems likes it's possible to select Irish delivery location from the site

(Going to try it later unless I find a better solution.)

I can't imagine they're accepting orders on the German .de site and not distributing them from an EU location. But then maybe 80% of their orders are UK ones...

Fulfil "selection box", €1 per bar

Credit to the OP on Bargain Alerts - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058205043/fulfil-selection-box-1-per-bar#latest

Use code 10FOR10

Free shipping (in Ireland) when you spend over €39

If dates are the same as (12) boxes I bought recently, the shortest BB is 16th October.

Flavours are always as pictured. Best Before dates vary (but always same date, dependent on flavour);

16/10/21 - Chocolate Hazelnut Whip

19/10/21 - Chocolate Salted Caramel

21/10/21 - Chocolate Peanut Butter

20/01/22 - Chocolate Brownie

21/01/22 - Chocolate Peanut & Caramel

I messaged bulk a couple of days ago, asking have they rectified the issue with delivering whey/animal products over 2kg to Ireland as they previously informed me they would rectify it and look to ship elsehwere in Europe.

No reply, which makes me think they haven't come up with an alternative.

Surely it creates an opportunity for some Irish crowd to fill the vacuum created by bulk/myprotein?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There wouldn't be the scale here really with such a small population, when a lot still buy ON, ROS nutrition, Kinetica etc. ROS are probably the closest. Lower economies of scale mean that even an unbranded bulk supplier here would have higher prices, so less of a differential with ROS, ON etc. Discount supplements also do their own brand too but it's more expensive than MP / Bulk: https://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-supplements/whey-protein/discount-supplements-100-whey-protein-25kg

Post edited by caviardreams on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Another week has gone by, the package still hasn't moved out of customs. I reopened my ticket with MyProtein for an update. Let's see what they say.

I'll open a dispute on the charge with my bank if I don't hear back in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ordered 1kg whey on 6th August.

Shipped on 11th August.

Delivered 23rd August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Looks like MyProtein is not a viable seller of protein anymore. They're not offering any Whey Protein over 1kg anymore! It's still available if you're shipping to the UK though. Not good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement