Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Pfizer 42 male

1st Shot - Suffering with Disequilibrium. really awful horrible feeling when putting the head down at night.

I wont be taking the 2nd shot. got the first dose 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Pfizer M 32

Bad reactions to both shots, ended up in A & E on advice from GP. Strong pressure/heaviness on chest, breathing reduced, fatigued, light headed, heart felt like it was beating strongly.

Same reaction to both shots, felt a little better around 3 weeks after the first shot, second shot exact same, both times it came after 4 or 5 days. ECG, bloods came back fine, high blood pressure after first shot.

Still feel like crap 8 days after second shot. I'd be fit and healthy and regularly work out, very rarely sick, no chance I'm taking any top ups.

Any ladies having irregular menstrual cycles since the vaccine?

I've heard of a few, but can't find any research on it, other than people looking for traces of mRNA in menstrual blood samples

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

4 person household

Me: Pfizer - no side effects both doses apart from a tender arm

Wife: Jansen - no side effects

Kids 16 and 18 both Pfizer - 16 year old 2 x doses no side effects (tender arm), 18 year old one dose no side effects (tender arm)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Anyone else feel a bit more tired than usual, low energy, the week after their second shot?

I'm just over a week since 2nd Pfizer shot and I'm much more tired than normal and a bit groggy, found myself a bit weak actually a few days ago. Could be unrelated but I did notice the same about a week after the first shot too 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

2nd dose mixed bag this time, very slight tenderness in my arm the first sign again but not as bad as the first jab, I was injected higher up the arm don't know if that makes any difference. Approximately 18 hours after the 2nd jab I woke up in middle of the night with initially a chill, soon after I developed fever symptoms with a horrible headache and sickness which went on and off for another 6 hours it was really horrible. By lunch time 28 hours after the jab I was feeling pretty good and no more side effects, arm cleared up and didn't have as much fatigue as the first jab

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

IANAD, but prophylactic paracetamol probably could have helped minimise these side- effects.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

I received the Janssen on the 10th,exactly 12 hours afterwards the side effects kicked in. I had a fever, chills and a headache, resulting in no sleep that night. Stayed off work the next day and slept all day. Remained groggy the next two days and very tired. By the 4th day I felt back to normal. No way will I take any booster no matter what. The positive is that I now no longer give a hoot about covid or covid news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Yep.

I was bate for about 3 weeks after 2nd pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

First one Pfizer - sore arm for 36 hours nothing else

2nd one yesterday. Holy moly. 10 hours later I got what I can only assume is a migraine. I thought my head was going to burst through my skull, started vomiting, hot and cold sweats. Got some strong pain killers and stomach tablets into me. Had a high heart rate (90-100 while seated when I'm normally 55) for hours and then weak all night. I walked upstairs and had to lie on the floor because I felt I was passing out. This morning I feel a bit better headache and nausea are gone. I'm still very weak though, walking around, I have to sit down after five mins. Weirdly I have a horrible taste in my mouth, a little metally? Every time I eat and drink its like there's a penny in my mouth :( anyone else get that?

Either way I'm very very pro vax but it'll defo make me think twice about a booster. I get the flu vax every year, nothing like this. Maybe talk to the doc about a different type or something. But out of my family and friends I'm the only one who had this bad a reaction so I'm not trying to scare anyone most people were just a bit tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

male, mid 40's, 1 respiratory disease, 1 autoimmune system disease (got the vaccines months ago)

Vaccine : Moderna

1st Dose - sore arm

2nd Dose - sore arm, extreme fatigue , headache

Headache came on in day 2 of the second dose, was not present in day 3. Solphadeine helped.

Fatigue is something I'm used to with my health anyway, taking solphadeine for the headache made it slightly worse, but overall helped with sleeping and pain relief.

The fatigue lasted 3 days, the second day being the worst.

Day 3 was like a mild hangover, which was probably more from the painkillers than the vaccine.

back to normal on day 4. Well, normal for me anyway.

I've no problem taking a booster, having gotten of taste of what covid is like, and having seen 5 deaths from it in my community, it's a very clear choice of the lesser of two evils.

And tbh, i've had similar side effects from the seasonal flu vaccine too, so it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭beerguts

Male 37 - Moderna vaccine

1st dose. Slight sore arm no issues after first day

2nd dose. Just yesterday. Arm is really sore. Very hard to move it. Absolutely no energy or motivation at the moment and I feel a headache coming on.

I've had the flu jab anually and never had any issues. I will not be taking a booster shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Follow up after 2nd shot. Had a lymph node pop up in between the doses, sore for a couple of days.

2nd jab gave similar effects to the first but without the fever and chills. Lower grade, shorter lasting.

About 2-3 days later got a shooting pain in my arm, radiating to my chest and shoulder. I'm a hypochondriac who googles symptoms, which naturally all told me I was having a heart attack, so took an Asprin and went to the GP the next day.

His explanation was that the swelling in the arm sometimes pinches the nerves causing shooting pains. Which makes sense as it was a sciatica / pinched nerve type pain rather than anything excruciating, I never needed pain killers for it.

I won't be taking a booster unless there's overwhelming evidence that it's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Nearly a month on from second dose of Pfizer I have persistent arm pain that is just not going away

Post edited by fima on

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westeire

I got the Pfizer , persistent dull pain in my arm like the other poster said🙄 it's a month since I received it . I really hope that it eases off.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

1st shot of Pfizer sore arm that day and next day felt tired mostly. About a week and a half after my shot started getting pins and needles in my hands in the mornings, would wake me up and at roughly the same time. I try to sleep in different positions to try and prevent it. Stiffness and achy feeling moving my fingers, find it hard to open things, feeling heaviness.

Got my second shot sore arm felt very tired the next day, headache. But my hands felt good none of the above complaints. But about a week and half afterwards the pain came back in my hands don't have the pins and needles every morning.

Anyone experience this?

Those of you who are suffering longer-term side effects - have they been reported in any way to be included in the data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Nope, GP not interested - would be surprised if he knows how to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭thebronze14

34 Y/O Male....First dose just had the sore arm. Second dose after 24 hours I was really lethargic just. Went training and I had no energy or drive for it and never sweated as much in my life! 10 hour sleep and I was back to normal. My OH was a lot more tired and had swollen glands in her neck after 1st dose. We both got off lightly enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Just as a follow up felt completely fine 48 hours later. Bizzare ha! My arms is still a slight bit sore but other then that feel grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Anyone can report side effects. You complete a form on the HPRA website and select "patient" from the dropdown and report them yourself https://www.hpra.ie/homepage/about-us/report-an-issue/covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

Female 35

Pfizer

1st dose, sore arm.

2nd dose, sore arm.

On Wednesday I started to get the same pain in my thighs which is still here... Has anyone else has leg pain??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

The tinnitus in my left ear has got really loud since the 2nd Pfizer dose, it's been ringing non-stop for over a week. Hopefully it subsides soon. It's been reported by a good number of people too.

I'm also still not 100% physically in that a fast walk or run has me worn out more quickly and straining for breath more than usual. I'd say my body is still going through the ringer of the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭ooter

do they make the adverse reactions available to the public to view?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

I'm not 100% sure but if something keeps coming up they add it to the list of possible side effects for whatever vaccine it relates to

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Whatdoyoumean

27yo Male. Pfizer Vaccine.

1st dose - sore arm the day after.

2nd dose, sore arm the day after. Flu like symptoms (muscle aches, headache). Took paracetamol as advised and felt ok that day.

Felt ok the day after. I thought I was clear until the day after where I began to develop a twitch around my eye and started to feel chronically fatigued (like I had been taking sleeping tablets, the tiredness would wash over me out of nowhere…). Have had to take daily naps even though I’ve been getting 8+ hours sleep. Last night I had really bad night sweats (which has never happened before). Felt like someone poured a bucket of water on me! It’s been a week to the day now and I’m feeling slightly less fatigued, the twitching has reduced a lot. Haven’t heard of similar with anyone I know.

Eye twitching can be a common symptom of stress, as is fatigue, and night sweats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was lucky, I had weird dreams after my 1st shot of Moderna and none after the 2nd..

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Whatdoyoumean

I had thought about that, although I’ve never had any of that even during bouts extreme stress (plus I had been off work chilling for two weeks!).

I was a bit concerned as it was all out of nowhere, luckily the twitch has stopped and I don’t feel insatiably fatigued, just slightly tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

I had occasional pain in the shoulder that I was vaccinated in after the first dose. Sometimes severe pain. Was it a side effect? Its possible. I would still get vaccinated though. It went away with painkillers.

Advertisement