Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Moderna

1st does a little tired dead arm for 2/3 days

2 does arm sore but not as bad a the 1st one. Mad waves of tirdness woke this morning feeling sick and spinning room but that went away after a few hours. Have the joys of the 3rd trimester to deal with too

Feel like i suffered more from my travel vaccines when i went to south america years ago than both shots of moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

This is an interesting report. On the face of it, feeling side effects after first jab may indicate previous infection, whereas feeling side effects after jab two may not.

There are probably lots of vaccinated folks wondering did they have Covid19 before and never got a positive result from a test that was denied in the late March 2020 time when testing was only offered to those with two or more symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Pfizer 48 Male.

1st jab sore arm for a day or so.

2nd jab sore arm and a rash around injection site for a day or so. Strange thing was the rash was a perfect rectangular shape about 3x2".

No bother since. That was about 4 weeks ago I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

pfizer

arm was so sore after first jab i couldn't sleep with the pain!

hoping 2nd jab is less painful

I received my second AZ vaccine in June. I was sick after the first and ok ish after the second.

My periods however have gone bonkers. Usually I barely notice them but the last 3 times they have been awful. The pain is bad enough to need painkillers, I'm tired, bloated, nauseous, no appetite. Basically the first day is a right off.

Now it may not be connected to the vaccine at all. It's just that I find the timing interesting. My friends haven't noticed any changes with themselves. I'd be curious to hear if others have experienced it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

One of my friends ( younger !) has had the same . Very heavy and more frequent . Her GP said it might be peri menopausal , but she had AZ also .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Pfizer:

1st - Sore arm

2nd - Sore Arm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Absolutely nothing, zero, zilch with both shots of AZ…was sitting around waiting and tbh if anything happened I would have noticed but absolutely nothing…don’t know what this means at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Pfizer

1: Sore arm for a day or so.

2: Mild headache like I'd been staring at a screen. Easily treated with painkiller.

I will see if it settles down. I'm not worried more curious as to why. Today is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Candamir

Anyone can report suspect vaccine side effects - the vaccine information booklet from the HSE has information about how to do this. You can do so using the HPRA website:

http://www.hpra.ie/homepage/medicines/covid-19-updates/safety-monitoring-of-covid-19-vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Mrs Mad M and I 50&49 , fully vaccinated end of June Pfizer . Sore arm on both occasions. That’s it, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

J&J - 40 something male.

Had the jab at 930am Wednesday last week. A cold sweat for a few minutes pretty much straight away after jab, slight headache too but these waned quickly. Went to work for the day, and done some gardening till 8pm and felt fine throughout. Then joint aches set in, not bad or anything but felt like I had done an exceptionally long cycle. By 9.30pm I felt cold and shivering, despite it being 16c outside! Went to bed and was asleep by 10.30pm. At 1.30am I woke up soaking wet from sweating - took my temperature and it was 38.6c, so two paracetamols were had. Didn't return to sleep until 4am. Woke up at 7.15am and again was soaking wet from sweating. Felt perfect though! Injection site was only slightly tender for two or three days, not really noticeable. Feeling fine since.

Convinced I had Covid in December 2019, the symptoms then and after the J&J were very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mark_way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

About three weeks of being really tired. Fine again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

Pfizer

1st Vaccine: I had just a sore arm, and then about a week later I started getting heart palpitations, every day throughout the day! Went to the doctor and got checked out, had an ECG as well but of course no palpitation in the short time of that so have been told i'm fine.

2nd Vaccine: Aches and pains for a day. Palpitations still ongoing since! Be interested to hear if anyone else had the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I had very, very similar from the J&J shot, except that I only had a heavy-feeling arm immediately after the shot.

I also had mine early in the morning, was grand for the day, and then had chills, aches and a fever around 12 hours later. Was perfect again the next morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

J&J shot: Persistant tinlging in the fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simod

Anyone get any tingling in different areas of the body? I had my 1st dose of pfzier 2.5 weeks ago and tingling started 8 days ago, face, head hands and legs on and off

• Advertisement

10 days after my 1st pfzier I started getting tingling sensation in my legs, face head and hands, been coming and going around 8 days now, do you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dettol. 40 something male.

Injection site on arm very sore and inflamed. Feel quite nauseous. But 99.9% protected feeling also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Are you not meant to take that orally while illuminating yourself rectally?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

Yeah still have it sadly 🙁. The doctor give me anti inflammatory tablets and took my bloods. I am waiting on the blood results to see what shows up. It is so annoying I can go a few days with no issues no pain but then it's back. I have loss power in my right hand when I picked something up thankfully it has only happen three times. Hope your feeling better soon. I would go to the doctor with your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Had Jansen about 5 weeks ago, a week after I started to get bad chest and back pains and pins and needles all down my left arm and hand ( was injected in right arm)

pain is gone now but constant numbness,pin and needles in index finger and hand and stiffness in arm

• Registered Users Posts: 12 august2016

Pfizer

1st shot - sore arm, headache, nausea, tiredness; had to take a half day off work

2nd shot - absolutely horrific. aches and pains, nausea, fever, chills, headache, dead arm; couldn't leave the couch, had to take a full day off work. About two days afterwards noticed a large lump in my neck on the side I'd gotten the vaccine, sore to touch; turned out to be a swollen lymph node that took 2+ weeks to decrease in size.

Everyone I know around my age had similar on the second shot of Pfizer, horribly sick for 24 hours

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH Aziz I hope you're feeling better now, but if I had bad chest and back pain with pins and needles down my left arm Id be hotfooting it to my GP, if not the hospital in double quick time, regardless of vaccination or not. It's probably something minor like I dunno, a trapped nerve or something*, but they're kinda "red flag" symptoms.

*that happened to someone I know. Thought it was a heart problem, but turned out to be a trapped nerve in his neck/shoulder.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Yeah,just been mad busy the last couple of weeks,my own doctor has a waiting list of three weeks last time I rang,

I did have a small fall off a ladder and stopped myself falling by holding on with my left hand so I was contributing some pains to that

Thanks for reply, how are you now? Mine went away for a few days and is now back, have also been to the doctor since and said it was nothing to do with the vaccine and wasn't serious but I still have it, hope you are well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Vaccine: BioNtech-Pfizer

1st dose: sore arm for 2-3 days

2nd dose: less sore arm for 1-2 days

Advertisement