Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you take an approved COVID-19 vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

OP do you plan on getting a mortgage down the road? Some people are finding when they go sale agreed etc they cant get life insurenace/mortgage protection cover as their medical report showed they had covid and insurance and insurance companies are afraid to take them on as we dont know the long term impacts of covid. Also if you so get cover you could end up paying a lot more for it.

Also i know someone late 20 who got it last year no underlying health issues fit as a fiddle and still dealing with long covid. Has only been able to return to work on reduced hours which is driving her mad

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

I had my two. Didn't think a thing of it at first, in fact I was so eager to get the restrictions off my back my age cohort opened on a Monday but I checked and the site was actually active on the Sunday, so I fired ahead.

Anxiety about it only crept in when I reached the vaccine centre and was told I would be getting two shots- a completely turnaround to last April when the gov announced to great fanfare that people who had recovered from Covid (me) would only need one shot of Pfizer.

Raised this issue on this very forum, about why did the science think a bout of Covid and one shot was plenty in April, but now I need a triple go of the stuff. Was roundly laughed out of it by the slovenly buffoons who hang on every word of the NPHET conmen.

Anxiety crept more and more as I waited for my second dose, as I thought of two people I've known of who died soon after a jab (though I'm fully aware that the law of averages mandates that one in six of this year's deaths will be soon after a jab, but it makes you think), that I know of two relatively young people hospitalised post jab, and plenty more knocked for six by the second one.

Got my second one, absolutely no issues off it, still not happy I was forced to take it without any explanation of why I now needed it but in April I didn't.

I'm glad theres been a high take up percentage wise if only because this bastard government will hold us to ransom until we comply, but I fully respect anybody who refuses to take something that in April 2020 was reckoned to be over three years away and is only with us now because sheer desperation for return to normality meant a broken public were willing to take the risk.

A French study found that if the entire French population were to be given AZ, more young people would die than would die of Covid. This report came out around when the Irish government were considering allowing younger people to opt for AZ to speed things up.

https://gript.ie/dangers-to-young-people-from-astrazeneca-greater-than-benefits-study/

And yet some idiots are trusting the health of their children to these thugs. Anybody volunteering a child with no underlying conditions to be jabbed with this thing needs to be sectioned.

With the amount of lies, half truths and disingenuous representing of statistics that NPHET have done in the last 18 months it's actually scary that some people still trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm sorry about your family member, truly. Cancer is awful. I want it to end too, it's **** all round . I don't think vaccines can do that but I hope I'm wrong.

More lies about experimental vaccines. I am shocked by the amount of people brainwashed by anti-vaccine propaganda

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Wtf is that true? Discrimination based on a virus in this day and age? It's no one's fault if they get infected with an airborne pathogen ffs. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What are you afraid of then? Is your delicate little arm scared of the ouchie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

There's always some smartarse starting another pointless covid related thread.

Do you find it strange that England, which has what, 13 times the Republic's population, the media have published several reports of relatively young people, women in particular, dying of causes highly likely linked to the vaccine, yet here in Ireland we don't seem to have had any of these incidents?

Statistically speaking we should have suffered one or two, no?

"scared of the ouchie" says someone who is afraid of a virus that has a less than 1 in 3000 fatality rate and is less heavy than the common cold, never mind the winter flu, in nearly everybody it infects.

London got rid of mask mandates and yet over there last weekend the place is still full of absolute losers wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

Can't live life worrying about passing covid onto x y and z person somewhere down the line that's ridiculous. Why stop at covid, maybe we should ban cars, bikes, planes, fire, knives because you no sure there all dangerous and cause death and illness to people aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Seeing a lot of opinions that getting a vaccine will get things back to normal. It won't. You're kidding yourself if you think it will. The only things that stop the spread of Covid is what we have already been doing for the past 2 years: washing hands, social distancing, wearing masks when you can't social distance / or in close proximity to others, keeping hands sanitised, restricting movement when there is a spike and locking down were it is out of control. The next plan should be to remove it from society completely then and only then will things get back to normal, as the vaccine is only buying time.

The vaccine projects you from serious illness that is all. As I already said you can still get Covid. Just like the flu or gastroenteritis the best way to avoid passing it onto others or getting it, with or without a vaccine is by keeping your hands clean, social distancing, wearing masks and or being restrictive by remaining cautious.

You neither want, nor need to eat the slice of home made banoffee pie your relative made especially for your visit, but you eat it anyway because you want to protect their feelings

the vaccines are extremely safe when compared to getting the virus unvaccinated, and a fully vaccinated population is our best chance of ending lockdowns and getting back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Absolute losers? Wtf, if some people want to continue wear masks, what's the problem?

The Vaccines reduce hospitalization and serious illness. The lockdowns were always to prevent the health services from being overwhelmed

if you don’t want more lockdowns then get vaccinated and convince your friends to get vaccinated too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There is legislation in relation to the misuse of items you list above, and if by misusing them you harm others, there are consequences. Being a responsible member of society does require some conscious consideration of the effects of your actions on others, why should the spread of a disease which can kill be any different?

“Losers” wearing masks to protect themselves and others?, I am beginning to suspect the motives of the op in starting this thread. The cave dwellers are logging in.

Again. That is not true. Conditional marketing approval is a standard mechanism for approval of medications which meet an unmet need

I’m not scared of the virus, I’ve had it and I’m also fully vaccinated. I want to end the lockdowns

why are you afraid to get the vaccine?

why are you such a coward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The stupidity of been afraid of the vaccine but dismissing covid risk is mind boggling.

I'm not afraid of covid but if it was just another flu, why are countries world wide trying desperately to reduce transmission.

Thankfully the vast majority of Irish people are sensible in relation to Covid restrictions and vaccination. The noisy anti vaxx clowns are in significant minority.

“My reasons are my reasons alone.”

yeah, nobody wants to admit to being a coward or paranoid conspiracy theorist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Im afraid not. Some companies are doing it. Heard it on a personal finance slot on either Today FM or Newstalk a while back. Its actually quite common when people sumbit their medical for life insurance/income protection taking out a mortgage. I known people who may have had cancer previously can be charged a lot more for cover and even diabetes can result in higher premiums. Some are applying the same concept with covid

• Advertisement

Yeah last year I was conspiracy theorist predicting covid passes but here we are.

I'll make another prediction for you, vaccine passes won't stop at indoor dining and restrictions aren't going away anytime soon.

How does not taking a vaccine make me a coward? I'd say I'm quite brave risking myself against the deadly Covid 19.

Get the vaccine then and at least then you’ve done your part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

I never had any vaccine and I'm not about to start now.

I had neasles back in 2019, and I'd say the immunity I have now as a result of having it is superior to the immunity you'd get from a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭pgj2015

It would be pretty stupid of a pub owner not to check for covid certs because 1 they might be fined if caught not enforcing it and 2 just say some ejit who isnt vaccinated gets in, the bars staff get covid, result being that bar is closed for a few days because the staff all have covid now. This happened 4 of my local bars lately. Also people will see the pub or bar not checking for covid certs and will take their custom elsewhere.

I was taking to a young guy in his early 20's lately, fit slim guy, has long covid since christmas, his lungs and heart have been badly damaged from covid, he cant play football, run go to the gym etc anymore. I felt really sorry for him, he has no idea when he will shake off the effects of covid.

No thanks.

Such demand for them I'll happily pass my dose onto somebody who needs it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Immunity against measles infection, yes, have you any research to back up your belief in relation to immunity from Covid?

If Covid was a mild illness for the vast majority of people because everyone is vaccinated, then there won’t need to be any more lockdowns. The only reason we have lockdowns is because it’s a very serious illness for enough of the population that hospitals cannot cope with the volume of care required and then mortality rates shoot up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Calling someone who is considerate to others an absolute loser says a lot about you. That's along the same lines of calling someone who wears glasses a nerd. Less than 1 in 3000 is a hell of a lot of people btw. Out of 100,000 you are basically saying you are willing to condemn 33 people all for the sake of you own self perseverance.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I think most experts are predicting that the virus will become endemic and will become something like a strain of the common cold (as happened with the last major coronavirus pandemic - the Russian flu in the 19th century). Already, for people who are vaccinated and catch Covid, any symptoms for the vast majority of people take the form of common cold symptoms e.g. sneezing, runny nose. So the vaccine is helping things get back to normal. You can’t eradicate common colds from society. It is of course a different story for unvaccinated people, which is why they should get vaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭billywilly

jaysus your a great fella

Advertisement