Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heads Up on 23ft/24ft Boat

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

noby wrote: »
    If you are still looking, I'm planning on putting my Mk3 Corribee up for sale. Needs work (engine, trailer, general tidy up) but will be going up at a needs-to-go price.

Is that 21ft? Probably looking for a little bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

noby wrote: »
    If you are still looking, I'm planning on putting my Mk3 Corribee up for sale. Needs work (engine, trailer, general tidy up) but will be going up at a needs-to-go price.

I thought you were trying to flog the OP a Corby, for a moment!
    I was wondering about the suitability of such a boat for the OP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

No connection, but came across this advert and this looks like an honest little boat, in good condition for her age, and can likely be had for a few quid less. https://www.apolloduck.ie/boat/trapper-ts240-for-sale/662092

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Major Dad

There’s a GK24 for sale in Malahide. Know it well - it was raced regularly in Malahide about 15yrs ago. I think it been owned by two Eastern European lads for the past couple of years and they kept it in pretty good nick. Might be a bargain for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

One corby i raced on years ago as 20 something id now buy as a 40 something. Though she was slightly bigger
    I thought you were trying to flog the OP a Corby, for a moment!
    I was wondering about the suitability of such a boat for the OP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Don't know if you're still looking, but this has turned up and looks to be a bit of a bargain. First class sea boats, lying in Dublin, new(ish) engine and lots of updates. The only negative I can think of is the poor headroom in the cabin. If she surveys well, it's a fantastic boat.

https://www.apolloduck.ie/boat/sadler-25-for-sale/665904

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Thanks Tabnabs. Nice boat and a Sadler 25 would deffo be on the list. Might keep a close eye on that one.

Lost focus on the boat search due to moving house (tomorrow....to Greystones....just 100m from the marina!).

Once the move is done, will be on the search.

So....Just to conclude this thread....ended up buying that and taking possession today!

As Tabnabs stated above, not great headroom or great layout below, but sufficient. After a test sail, feels like a great sea boat and has a decent inventory.

I am now officially the owner of two boats! Other now on the market. https://www.adverts.ie/boats/hunter-europa-19ft-sailing-boat/24377557

Thanks for all the leads over the last few months.

Well done, she'll give you years of good sailing, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dwallace707

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dwallace707

Appreciate I am very late to this discussion. My wife and I are selling a Leisure 23 SL fin keel. We have her 15 years and had great sailing on her. We are looking to change to a cruiser for more accommodation. Chablis is in Dingle. Boat survey will be done in next few weeks. Took out inboard as it was so old and simply use outboard now. More details available if interested. Derek

Advertisement