Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you even call this? Funeral procession joyride maybe?

Comments

Jesus.

It's not the journey to the graveyard, there's no way in hell that a driver of a hearse would drive like that. The story being circulated is that they broke into the funeral home and stole the body, coffin and hearse to drive back to some (presumably halting) site and carry out their own funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,067 ✭✭✭✭neris

Culture Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Well the ending the deceased got is natural selection at its finest. Its the poor hure of a truck driver that the tramps smashed into that I have sympathy for, the other three, good riddance tbh, there's more than enough scrotes to take their place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,515 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

what you call this is scumbaggery, nothing else. There was a story that the hearse was stolen and taken for a joyride but there is another story where the uncle of one of the guys who died owns the funeral home and it is him that is driving the hearse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

If the Gardai ever needed evidence to make an arrest....

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Travellers gonna be travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Unfortunate for the truck driver but the less of these absolute scumbags on the face of the earth... the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Floppybits

At high speed and a danger to everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

its infuriating what these bastards get away with while the rest of us get hit with the full force of the law. its us that should be claiming discrimination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

would Gardaí just "observe" if I was doing that?

How very sad and true ☹️😦

A comment like this should be in every thread of this variety. The ordinary Joe gets hit to the fullest for the least of transgressions 😦.. Just even looking at the court pages in the local papers, and one can see that fines aint exactly commensurate. Joe soap effectively gets hit with at least 250 Euro for looking at someone funny if he's marched up the steps... Yet the recidivist scummer - well, he's already doing his bit by lining the profits of the legal aid lawyers etc etc..

The average white Joe is effectively a third class citizen nowadays.

Post edited by Baggly on

"A managed containment operation was commenced and was subsequently stood down when the vehicles failed to stop."

So, they set up a roadblock or something to try to stop the cars and the hearse, failed, then just gave up and let them away with it?

WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

These are not travellers. Can't blame everything on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The convoy actually flew past myself and the brother.

There was a Garda car the other side of the road, didn't pull out after them.

Reckon it would have caused mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

"horn da beep"

Funny, they talk exactly in the same way that they drive down the road.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭mikethecop

aw to have a government who had the will to protect its people form these kind of animals. not watery cretins excusing devolutionary behavior blaming the victims and the gardai for the actions of people who dont deserve the civil or rights that they have.

Minister of justice should be coming out and demanding that judges lock up scum like this for 10 or 15 years and for full life terms for those who dont get it first time.

we dont want them and we dont need them waking around our country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Well this is crap you get when certain 'minorities' have an exemption to law & order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Surprised the funeral home just let any Joe drive their hearse,I can imagine their insurance company won't be too happy with them either especially if their was an accident ,and there is still two more of these **** show's to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Allinall

What minority was involved in this incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

If I was a Guard I'd just sit drinking my coffee as that shitshow passed by also because there would be nothing but grief if I got involved. If I stopped them I'd probably get the **** kicked out of me while 20 phones filmed me if I made any attempt to defend myself and badly edited to appear I started it. Then the Garda Ombudsman would come down on me like a ton of bricks especially if god forbid one of those lads crashed with me chasing them. I'd probably go to jail for manslaughter and have my house and family burned out by the relatives. And the likes of Liam Herrick from the Irish Council for Criminal Liberties would take one look at the video and be screaming bloody murder on the airwaves about some rights he imagined were infringed demanding I face justice for trying to protect the public from the scrotes he represents. Nah. Not for me. Better to just sit here and drink my coffee.

Brings the sh1tshow of how the Gardai roll into 'Sharp Focus'.... Watching brief on scummers engaging in criminality ffs... Wouldn't be so bloody circumspect if they were cruising late at night and saw some poor sap walking home.... Chances of him being stopped and questioned be significantly higher than DEALING WITH ACTUAL FKING CRIMINALITY!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Salvadoor

They are no loss to society and i'm glad they died horribly.

Their Facebook pages are public if anyone fancies a glance at their scumbaggery - my personal favorite is the topless pic at the grave of a loved one while giving the middle finger to the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

These are not travellers.

As depraived as it all is it shouldn't surprise anyone and it comes as no surprise to me.

These are the stereotypical scumbag families that society protects in spite of all the crime and hurt they cause others.

Just keep paying your taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

A poster remembering Maguire was also put up which read: "RIP Dean. You know the score, get on the floor, don't be funny, give me the money."

Screwdriver and torch brought to altar at funeral of burglar Dean Maguire who died in Dublin N7 crash - Irish Mirror Online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Have to say the guys in the car met a well deserved end, hope they stayed conscious for a bit of the flames at least. Pity the scrotes in the hearse couldn't join them.

Yes.

Because as the original situation should show you, any resulting incident is blamed on the Gardai.

Also remember that a lot of Gardai are driving without advanced training and are not allowed engage or even use lights and sirens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Nermal

If ever there was an appropriate time for a church roof to collapse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Christ Almighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Why am I not surprised? I'm not a bit religious, but that is just beyond the pale. If I was the priest I'd have thrown a bucket of holy water over the wan who swore. Probably would have gone up in flames like her relative.

No loss any of them.

The right plate caught my eye too.

Ehhh not from the car in the incident I hope.

"Here ya are father, one number plate, slightly smokey and bent"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They might not be considered travellers ,they were part of a well known traveler gang in tallaght, we've seen 100+ members of the community in mourning the last few days , currently running amok outside the macuillum estate in tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A fine example of why we live in one world and they live in another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

I live in Dub Bay South constituency and I had all the main parties canvassing at my door, incl James Geoghegan of FG twice. The last time he was with Simon Harris.

I asked why are FG no longer interested in law and order, when would a new prison be built (given the huge population increase in the past 20 years) so habitual criminals would be locked up to protect people like that innocent truck driver? Or was it their policy to keep releasing these people/giving them half sentences so that the legal industry could continue to enrich itself.

Harris told me we didn't need more prisons and that FG had other priorities for public funds, that increased crime wasn't an issue. There are no adults left in the room, the country is being run on auto-pilot and it's slowly on the road to implosion

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭chosen1

I didn't think they were travellers either from the surnames involved but that video was 100% a traveller accent having grown up among them. The Maguire name could be related to on of the sides in the Drogheda feud.

I wouldn't think the other two are travellers but either way, they are the lowest of the low in society, being involved in crime like this.

The sad thing is that it didn't warrant a death sentence. These people had recently been convicted of serious crimes including aggravated burglaries, but yet were free to go about their business. If there was adequate prison space in this country, judges wouldn't feel compelled to hand out short/suspended sentences. There needs to be parallel investment in actual rehabilitation, and dangerous people to society should not be released before they are properly reformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Time Revenue, CAB and Welfare come down hard on this segment of society. Guaranteed these lads and their mates are all on the scratcher, in receipt of HAP, have medical cards etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Looked like something out of Gomorra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I honestly dont think you could reform these people..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Maguire's father in law is one of the leaders of the Cock Wall traveller gang. There's f*cking dozens of them involved in burglaries all over the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It makes me feel sick to my stomach that we share the roads with these scrotes. You do your bit to ensure you’re a safe driver and have your wits about you, and then one of these knackers comes along and it’s all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

**** them. Losers. No loss whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

It's hard to believe these people are even the same species as us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,811 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

And is it any wonder that people get fûcking sick of the Gardai who show zero interest in intervention here, yet you go through a set of lights on an amber and you’ll be looking at 3 points, hit in the pocket for hundreds of your hard earned extra cash in a fine and insurance over time...

happy to shoot us fish in a barrel for making an error of judgement as a family member here may or may not have done on an amber to red (it was borderline at best) and the subsequent lecture, ignorant and substandard fücking attitude while issuing points, but standing idly by watching this totally dangerous craic... ?

If they are worried about escalating a tense situation? What if these gimps decided to mow down a family out walking? What then ? Should not be of the ability to pick and choose what laws are enforced and when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Nearly got a smack of that hearse on Wednesday, absolute scum. They took him and the car from the funeral home and went on some spree. All related to the Walls apparently, the guys father in law is a Wall. The funeral was only yesterday so not on the way to the graveyard when that happened.

What's worse is the convoy was about 25 cars flying up the road. They passed me, and I was 200m from Crumlin Garda station. They couldn't give a shite about the law and have zero decency.

They did something similar on the Belgard Road yesterday too. No concern for anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,677 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Been saying it years.....criminals have absolute n0 fear whatsoever of our laws/justice....and that is because our laws and justice are disgustingly lenient on scum behavior.

As for the Gardai acting and doing their job.....some of the excuses I am reading as to why the didn't or couldn't, is also what is wrong in our society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two of the dead are 100% travellers

The person filming surname is Wall

any criminal gangs with Wall in their name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭mobby

Can you imagine the protests if the 3 bucks in that BMW were being chased by the guards before it hit that Truck there would be marches in town and probably lay seige to tallaght garda Station. Demanding justice for the poor tallaght 3. They and all there followers are pure evil. How they even got inside a church. Look up Freeman rip.ie page, a soldier of god he calls himself. Its no wonder the guards don't care.

If they didn’t deliver the pizza on time, it was free. The customer ordered BBQ Chicken as a topping.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement