Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

slingerz wrote: »
    would i be right in thinking a bruen pairing shouldnt be a winning pair in the barton?

Why, they are essentially same competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Why, they are essentially same competition?

Bruen and Barton Shield same competition?:confused:
    slingerz wrote: »
    would i be right in thinking a bruen pairing shouldnt be a winning pair in the barton?

It could mean the Barton Shield pair were very high maybe and not both around scratch?

Jimmy Bruen and Barton Cup are both 4somes. Both need add to 14. One has 3.5 min cap

Jimmy Bruen and Barton Cup are both 4somes. Both need add to 14. One has 3.5 min cap

Barton Shield has no such handicap restrictions which is why I presume the OP was asking if a Bruen pair shouldn't win a match in Barton Shield

Barton Shield has no such handicap restrictions which is why I presume the OP was asking if a Bruen pair shouldn't win a match in Barton Shield

I dont understand why he thinks 2 7s say would have no chance again a 0 and 14.

We last year anyway preferred 2 7s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

He isn't saying that. You are talking about a different competition. OP is talking about Barton Shield where 2 1 HC's could play together as there is no limit. So no a Bruen pairing shouldn't really be winning, depends on the HC's they were up against too though. In Barton Cup two bruen players have every chance to winning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Jimmy Bruen is minimum of 3.5, and a combined min of 14.0, right? There's no max is there?

My WHS has gone up to 15 after a few bad rounds, so hoping its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Kiith wrote: »
    The Jimmy Bruen is minimum of 3.5, and a combined min of 14.0, right? There's no max is there?

My WHS has gone up to 15 after a few bad rounds, so hoping its not an issue.

It is your HC on Jan 1st that is used so you can go up or down any amount now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah ok, that makes sense.

And makes it more difficult for me. Think it was 10.8 then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Kiith wrote: »
    Ah ok, that makes sense.

And makes it more difficult for me. Think it was 10.8 then :/

Well that makes you Purcell eligible instead the money there was 10.5

• Advertisement

Would they have a chance against 2 scratch players? Or 2 lads playing off 1?

Would they have a chance against 2 scratch players? Or 2 lads playing off 1?

They shouldn't have much. But with a full DB of results I could put together standard deviations and make a percentage off it

They shouldn't have much. But with a full DB of results I could put together standard deviations and make a percentage off it

:confused::confused:

It's not that complicated. Any Bruen pairing shouldn't have a chance against a Barton Shield pairing.

:confused::confused:

It's not that complicated. Any Bruen pairing shouldn't have a chance against a Barton Shield pairing.

Hungary shouldnt have drawn two matched in Group F in the Euros

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

Think people are mixing up 2 comps here

Barton Shield - No h/c rules - played off scratch - Essentially a Foursomes comp for the Senior cup standard lads

Barton Cup - Leinster Comp - Foursomes with a min combined of 14 eg 7+7 or 1+13.

Think OP's question was would a Bruen pairing 7+7 stand a chance in Barton cup v's say a 1+13.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

Heard last evening that Carton House senior cup team that played and beat Lucan had two subs both off plus 3.
    Not easy to get on that team.

Hungary shouldnt have drawn two matched in Group F in the Euros

OK put it this way as I presume by the OP's question this was what he meant:

If my club put one of our Bruen pairings out in the Barton Shield I would expect our Bruen pairing to lose 19 times out of 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Heard last evening that Carton House senior cup team that played and beat Lucan had two subs both off plus 3.
    Not easy to get on that team.

Its basically the NUI Maynooth golf team

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate beat Birr today in the Barton Cup 1st round. New Forest up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Ronney wrote: »
    Think people are mixing up 2 comps here

Barton Shield - No h/c rules - played off scratch - Essentially a Foursomes comp for the Senior cup standard lads

Barton Cup - Leinster Comp - Foursomes with a min combined of 14 eg 7+7 or 1+13.

Think OP's question was would a Bruen pairing 7+7 stand a chance in Barton cup v's say a 1+13.

No it was Bruen vs Barton Shield

• Advertisement

Moate beat Birr in the Junior Cup today. We lost to Tullamore in the Jimmy Bruen and Portarlington in the Michael Moore. .

Moate lost to New Forest in the Provincial Towns but beat Tullamore in rd 2 of the Fred Perry.

Moate lost v Portlaoise in the Pierce Purcell but beat Mullingar in the Mixed Foursomes.

Mental how many matches are on every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

Is there anywhere online with the results? I can't find up to date ones on the Golf Ireland website

They are all on the Golf Ireland website. Click on competitions and then Interclub.

This is all I get

557678.jpg

Click on them and results will pop up

You got pop ups blocked?

Where are the results for the first rounds of this year's Senior Cup, Barton, Bruen etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

OEP wrote: »
    Where are the results for the first rounds of this year's Senior Cup, Barton, Bruen etc.?

https://www.golfireland.ie/inter-club#/customer/1759/schedule/2021/12070

Should find them all there

• Advertisement

gman127 wrote: »

This is what I'm going to, and I can't see them there anywhere

Advertisement