Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭redhill

Poker Face wrote: »
    Any link to this webinar online?

Our captain sent this out

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭redhill

redhill wrote: »
    Our captain sent this out

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there an age limit in Mixed Foursomes/Cullen Cup?

Was paired with a 15 year old last night in our own club practice (she’s a high 20s handicapper I think) and we did great, working well as a pairing and for me would be a no brainer to play in the competition for our club.

I think it might be over 18s though so just checking if anyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

callaway92 wrote: »

Was paired with a 15 year old last night in our own club practice (she’s a high 20s handicapper I think) and we did great, working well as a pairing and for me would be a no brainer to play in the competition for our club.

2020 rules doesnt mention any age rule.

https://www.baltinglassgolfclub.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/cullen-trophy-2020-revised-rules.pdf

Wow, interesting. Must mention that in next practice round next week and see what the story is there.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

callaway92 wrote: »

Not sure what Cullen Cup is but for the Irish Mixed Foursomes run by Golf Ireland the Age limit is 18. (Page 77) https://static.clubhouse.golfireland.ie/clubs/1000/uploads/files/play_golf/competitions%20regulations%20final_april.pdf

Poker Face wrote: »
    Not sure what Cullen Cup is but for the Irish Mixed Foursomes run by Golf Ireland the Age limit is 18. (Page 77) https://static.clubhouse.golfireland.ie/clubs/1000/uploads/files/play_golf/competitions%20regulations%20final_april.pdf

Ah cool ok, so they are two separate competitions. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads any sort of idea what sort of strokes come in - in the Junior Cup qualifying ?

Also - will this year be lower with WHS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

Lads any sort of idea what sort of strokes come in - in the Junior Cup qualifying ?

Is it not matchplay this year?

Dotzie wrote: »
    Is it not matchplay this year?

Is it.

A scratch matchplay versus each player in each match ?

Why was that done ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dotzie

Is it.

A scratch matchplay versus each player in each match ?

Why was that done ?

Think it was done again because of Covid same as last year

Yeah scratch matchplay was format last year so presume same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Matchplay this year - same as last year, due to Covid as far as I know. Flat match against the other team. WHS limit is 2.5 for Junior Cup - that's come down in line with the reduction in handicaps of most people eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm supposed to be playing in the all Ireland four ball next week, my first ever interclub comp. I've played a few team matchplay rounds in our internal competitions last year so I have an idea of the etiquette and rules. Is there any dos and don'ts for interclub? I'm afraid to ask my manager in case I ask a stupid question such as do you need to have a few of the same type of ball? So if you lose one your replacement has to be the same, i.e. Taylormade 3

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

I'm supposed to be playing in the all Ireland four ball next week, my first ever interclub comp. I've played a few team matchplay rounds in our internal competitions last year so I have an idea of the etiquette and rules. Is there any dos and don'ts for interclub? I'm afraid to ask my manager in case I ask a stupid question such as do you need to have a few of the same type of ball? So if you lose one your replacement has to be the same, i.e. Taylormade 3

You can change ball between holes no issues (Pros's have to play the same type eg prov1 for the tournament)

Biggest one in matchplay is not to play out of turn with out permission. If you opponents are further away and you play they can make you retake the shot.

Note - If your partner is furthest away you can tactically elect to go first if closer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

To answer your original question, leading qualifier would usually end up with a team aggregate of less than 10 over. However last qualifier in could have an aggregate of between 30 to 40 over. So around +8 per player.

And sure anything can happen in matchplay after that

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

We qualified on countback with average score of 79 across the 4 cards. Leading qualifier was 77. Went onto beat them comfortably then in that regional 'final' so different game when the matchplay starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Ronney wrote: »
    You can change ball between holes no issues (Pros's have to play the same type eg prov1 for the tournament)

Biggest one in matchplay is not to play out of turn with out permission. If you opponents are further away and you play they can make you retake the shot.

Note - If your partner is furthest away you can tactically elect to go first if closer
    Opponents can concede a putt too, such as in the situation above where you might get a line from your partner and you're going for a better score. You must pick it up or you lose the hole!
    I'm on All Ireland 4 Ball panel too. :D

frink wrote: »
    We qualified on countback with average score of 79 across the 4 cards. Leading qualifier was 77. Went onto beat them comfortably then in that regional 'final' so different game when the matchplay starts

I have to admit them scores are surprisingly high.

So breaking 80 a fairly decent target.

Matches coming thick and fast for Moate these days and so far it's been all good news.

We have beaten Rathdowney in the Senior Cup, Mullingar in the Barton Shield, Moyvalley in the Provincial Towns, New Forest in the Junior Cup and got a walkover from Newbridge in the Fred Perry.

Next up it's Pierce Purcell v Birr, Barton Cup v Birr, Jimmy Bruen (rd 2) v Tullamore, Mixed Foursomes v Mullingar, All Ireland Fourball v New Forest, rd2 Fred Perry v Tullamore and Central Towns are also playing but cant remember who thats against.

My son is on the Provincial Towns team - playing at home he was 4 down with 5 to play and won on the 18th. Some comeback.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got asked to join our Jimmy Bruen team, delighted to give it a go this year. First time playing any sort of competitive golf.

It's foursomes stroke play, right? And is it alternating shots? Got some conflicting info from two people i talked to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Neewollah

Kiith wrote: »
    Got asked to join our Jimmy Bruen team, delighted to give it a go this year. First time playing any sort of competitive golf.

It's foursomes stroke play, right? And is it alternating shots? Got some conflicting info from two people i talked to.

In a normal world there are foursome stroke qualifiers to get down to match play but in the current environment its straight foursomes matchplay this year.

And yes, its alternating shots too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Neewollah wrote: »
    In a normal world there are foursome stroke qualifiers to get down to match play but in the current environment its straight foursomes matchplay this year.

Never any strokeplay in Munster, always matchplay from the start

Moate beat Birr 3.5 / 1.5 in the Pierce Purcell 1st round yesterday.
    We lost 3-2 v Esker Hills in the Central Towns.
    Have a match today v New Forest in the All Ireland Fourball.

Moate lost 3-2 v New Forest in the All Ireland Fourball. All close matches.

Athlone won the 1st round of their mixed foursomes on wednesday night against I think roscommon
    Athlone won the 1st round of their junior cup on saturday against tuam
    Athlone lost the 1st round of their pierce purcell on sunday against gort
    Athlone lost the 1st round of their senior cup on sunday against roscommon

Barton shield is on tonight against ballinasloe, jimmy bruen on saturday against ballinasloe

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Luttrellstown beat Howth 4-1 in the Pierce Purcell first round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Never any strokeplay in Munster, always matchplay from the start

Same in Connaught i think.

Rikand wrote: »
    Athlone won the 1st round of their mixed foursomes on wednesday night against I think roscommon
    Athlone won the 1st round of their junior cup on saturday against tuam
    Athlone lost the 1st round of their pierce purcell on sunday against gort
    Athlone lost the 1st round of their senior cup on sunday against roscommon

Barton shield is on tonight against ballinasloe, jimmy bruen on saturday against ballinasloe

Barton beaten by Ballinasloe. Fred Daly beaten by Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

would i be right in thinking a bruen pairing shouldnt be a winning pair in the barton?

Advertisement