Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interclub 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

OEP wrote: »
    This is what I'm going to, and I can't see them there anywhere

You must look harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

OEP wrote: »
    This is what I'm going to, and I can't see them there anywhere

I get like the images attached.

Select comp then select round.

Admire our Kilcock team winning in the Pierce Purcell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

gman127 wrote: »
    I get like the images attached.

Select comp then select round.

Admire our Kilcock team winning in the Pierce Purcell :D

It was a tight one too. We won our away match 2&1 and the other group had to play a tie breaker 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭OEP

Ah yes, they're storing them all in January as opposed to the month they were played. Probably should have clicked a little more! Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

pakman wrote: »
    It was a tight one too. We won our away match 2&1 and the other group had to play a tie breaker 19th.

Sure was. Getting shot by shot updates on the playoff on loudspeaker in kilcock :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Testing, testing, 1-2-3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Following my clubs inter club results from a far these days and the format has changed with the home and away arrangement.

but I can’t figure it out at all really. So if two teams have 3 games at home and win and now play each other; who gets the home advantage??

the club on top or is it a coin flip??

also the new website and layout of fixtures is truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Hermitage beat Carton House in the senior cup. Rematch today in the Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NedBagg

If you go into the draws page on interclub golf there is a sheet which gives who has home advantage... each round you are assigned a number or a letter and this determines if you are home or away.. the letters and numbers are jumbled up on the sheet and the first number or letter means you have home advantage..Can be different for each round..ie if u are C and drawn to play me (D)... you look at the list of letters and if D is on the list before C then I have home advantage...not as complicated as it sounds????? I think ..when you see the sheet it is easier to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭willabur

Anyone know why the Uden cup is not included in Golf Ireland comps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

It's not a Golf Ireland competition. Ran by Donabate GC I think, same as the McDonnell Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Good win for Rosses Point over a strongly fancied Galway Bay team in the Fred Daly (U18) on Monday.

It's played off scratch but here are the handicaps of both teams (in case any of you are feeling smug about your low Handicap Indexes!!)

H: played at home, A: played away

Galway Bay: +1.3(A), +1.1(A), +0.9(A), +0.8(H), 4.7(H)

Rosses Point: +0.9(H), 0.1(H), 2.1(H), 3.9(A), 6.4(A)

We won all 3 at home, lost the 2nd match away and 1st match away was called in while all square.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

whereas our fred daly who were knocked out in the first tound were a 2,5,7,32,33. We were against Roscommon though who had something like a +3,+1,+1, 1, 6

The haves and the have nots :)

Post edited by Rikand on

Jaysus, how many Juniors do you have in the Club?

We would have plenty in the ages of 10-12 but theres a serious drop off once they hit teenage years. A lot of pull from a lot of other sports in the locality. A lot end up coming back to the game in their 20's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LockedBoy

Douglas are flying it again in Senior Cup and Barton in Cork. Hammering all around them supposedly

I'm surprised that the drop-off is so steep. We run a competition on a Wed morning and Sat afternoon all throughout the summer on our 9-Hole course for Juniors and I think that helps to keep them interested. We probably have in the region of 25 or 30 teenage boys. There probably aren't half that many girls but numbers are increasing. The extra 9 holes are a Godsend when it comes to Juniors (and oul wans/ oul fellas!!) because it's a little easier than our main course and flatter so easier to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Not surprising when they’ve the likes of Peter O’Keeffe, John McHenry & Karl Bornemann among their ranks not to mention the many up and coming junior golfers they have there

Well when you have world class facilities like you guys have, I would imagine its easier to draw in young players and support them in such a way (Thats envy btw! 🤣). We have our 18 holes, which is an excellent course, but apart from a couple of chipping greens dotted around the course and a small practice ground, we dont have much else. In the summer time our Junior competition is on Monday morning. After that, its a race for juniors to get out in the middle of the timesheet if they can. In the old days of 7 minute timeslots it was possible to sneak out here and there like when I was a junior, but not so easy anymore. The timesheet is jam packed all day long. Unless you have a parent or older sibling to play golf with, the opportunities for someone else to get out and play is probably quite slim

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are...

An Open Week starts this Saturday 31st August

• Advertisement

Nice. We are in the middle of ours in Athlone atm :)

Back home for a few weeks and watched a couple of inter club games in Ennis.

lost to Shannon narrowly 3-2 in junior cup but beat them in Purcell 3-2.

fred Daly team then lost 3-2 today with deciding match on 19. Play each other again tomorrow in junior foursomes.

The reward for the Purcell team is that they get to play Spanish point next Monday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

they are an unbelievably good team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Was down yesterday but the weather was biblical. Ended up going down to the range where it was packed with juniors. Lovely strikers and a credit to the club with their attitudes and politeness

Whew!! One of my lads was at the range yesterday...

Apparently, a good few visitors went out yesterday including a group of Swedish visitors who, when asked about the weather replied "It's Ireland, we expect rain..."!!!

Fred Daly against Roscommon this Sunday, 3 away so should be very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Moate are in a Leinster Central semi final v Newbridge in the Barton Shield. 15/8 it's being played I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any idea on how the comps will be arranged next year I.e. lowest index of the year or what you are on 1/1/22?

• Advertisement

mans so in no surprise at all Spanish point beat ourselves this evening. 4-1 ultimately.

they won the two games at their home course very easily with one team 1 over for the 13 holes they played!!

ennis 1st home team off had a comfortable win against an ex Ennis member who is an actual genuine Purcell player.

then Spanish point win the other two games on 17 with very good golf. The golf from the last two Ennis groups was very good. Couldn’t have asked them for much more with 3 lads in their first season of inter club.

SP had 8 of the players who won the recent all Ireland playing. The other two lads are also bandits. One lad has basically been shunned out of his previous club due to his handicap manipulation and the other lad is another really nice golfer with a generous handicap. He is probably a 9 or so but is down as a 13.8 and playing with a joke of a 17 handicapper.

ah well let them off to ****. Going to take another dodgy team to beat them. And they might find that in Nenagh in the next round. We played them in Fred Perry recently and got hammered too. They had ridiculous handicaps too and we were giving them more than 10 shots in many matches.

Advertisement