Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Want one for Christmas - are there any packs coming out - like a n included game and an extra controller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Basil3 wrote: »
    Well that's what I meant. The reservation still needs to be placed in order for the purchase to be processed.

On their site is says you can order now for collection at a future date, but it might be worth trying to do it in person, as they're still trying to block online orders/reservations.

I've tried a few times to reserve for a future date on Argos. You get an email but with no order number or anything.

budhabob wrote: »
    I've tried a few times to reserve for a future date on Argos. You get an email but with no order number or anything.

Yeah, that's why I'm suggesting to do it in store at a kiosk, or even ask at a counter. They're still trying to stop online reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

GameStop have the X available now for delivery on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Harvey Norman have order availability for next week too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

So, I walked into the Curry's in Blanch and got an XBox Series X. Was surprised when he asked for 539.99 euro though.
    I bought one for the son in February, and it was 499. He said no, it wasn't. Makes me question my sanity.

Does anyone know what is the actual price for this thing?

JoyPad wrote: »
    So, I walked into the Curry's in Blanch and got an XBox Series X. Was surprised when he asked for 539.99 euro though.
    I bought one for the son in February, and it was 499. He said no, it wasn't. Makes me question my sanity.

Does anyone know what is the actual price for this thing?

it's €499. Was there something else included with it?

Just noticed they have the Series X with 3 months GPU for €579 on their site. Not a chance 3 months GPU is worth €80. Something fishy going on there.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/microsoft-series-x-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-bundle-1-tb-10221020-pdt.html

it's €499. Was there something else included with it?

Nope, nothing. I left the receipt in the car, will have a look at it tomorrow.
    In the box: console, controller (w/ batteries), power cable, HDMI cable, little booklet nobody ever reads, and "quick guide" or something on a folded card.

Completely unrelated: how do you get audio out of this thing? Looks like they removed the optical out for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In the box: console, controller (w/ batteries), power cable, HDMI cable, little booklet nobody ever reads, and "quick guide" or something on a folded card.

Completely unrelated: how do you get audio out of this thing? Looks like they removed the optical out for some reason.

You dont - without getting an hdmi audio breakout contraption. MS now want you to get your audio out from the TV. Price should have been €499, unless Game Pass or the like were added extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cnocbui wrote: »
    You dont - without getting an hdmi audio breakout contraption. MS now want you to get your audio out from the TV. Price should have been €499, unless Game Pass or the like were added extras.

No optical out on the PS5 either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In fairness, optical out is being depreciated everywhere really. It just doesn't have the bandwidth for the latest audio tech, and hasn't for a good few years now.

Receipt confirms that the price of 539.99 is for the console alone, no bundle, no extras.

Receipt confirms that the price of 539.99 is for the console alone, no bundle, no extras.

That's shocking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If it was in the last seven days, then Currys have a price match promise. Even if it's not in the last seven days, it's worth talking to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Smyths have stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭feargantae

Beersmith wrote: »
    Smyths have stock now

Aaaaand gone!

Hoping Microsoft themselves get stock soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

you should have got a card for 3 months game pass with it for that price. I would go back to see where your game pass code is. Also check your receipt sometimes the code is on there.

pmce4 wrote: »
    you should have got a card for 3 months game pass with it for that price. I would go back to see where your game pass code is. Also check your receipt sometimes the code is on there.

Curry's have their Series X with 3 months GPU priced at €580 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Curry's have their Series X with 3 months GPU priced at €580 :rolleyes:

What's a month of GPU normally got for in € at this stage? Seems an expensive bundle.

I know quite a few of us bodged it but €80 is not much less than I paid for 3 years worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

theteal wrote: »
    What's a month of GPU normally got for in € at this stage? Seems an expensive bundle.

I know quite a few of us bodged it but €80 is not much less than I paid for 3 years worth.

I got 3 months for a euro on top of my gold for the next couple of year's only last week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭feargantae

theteal wrote: »

RRP is €12.99/pm, but currently you can get 3 months for €1 for new customers.

Curry's have changed the Series X with 3 months GPU to €529. It was definitely €579 last week.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/microsoft-series-x-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-bundle-1-tb-10221020-pdt.html

I'd be complaining, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Curry's are the tossers I had a run in with over my One X controller when the right thumb stick click button stopped working. They claimed the controller was considered a consumable and not subject ti the EU mandated 2 yr warranty.

Complete nonsense but they lost any further business from me for life. I'd advise anyone to avoid that shower like the plague.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cnocbui wrote: »
    Curry's are the tossers I had a run in with over my One X controller when the right thumb stick click button stopped working. They claimed the controller was considered a consumable and not subject ti the EU mandated 2 yr warranty.

Complete nonsense but they lost any further business from me for life. I'd advise anyone to avoid that shower like the plague.

I'm no fan of Curry's but no one recognises the 2 year warranty here, because it was never implemented. You need to go through the Small claims procedure in Ireland to exercise your consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

Just a heads up I just ordered one from smiths website. Not available for in store pickup but only home delivery. 500€ plus 6€ delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dreamwalker1

Same here - also ordered one from smyths and it's home delivery. Transaction is pending on my card and have yet to get a confirmation email so fingers crossed but unsure if it will come through. Worth a shot anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Been tryin to get a Series X since launch but really only been checking online. Walked into Curry's in Limerick Parkway Retail Park yesterday, and manager said they were expecting some Series X but not in yet. Chanced it this afternoon They got 3 in. Picked one up. They don't put them online and just leave them on the back counter the manager said. Might still have one left if anyone wants to try. Alas they have no telephone number you can ring, just the call center who can't check store stock.

Also on pricing their website says 529 with 3 months game pass ultimate. The shop deal is 549 with a controller. They had 3 month game pass cards in stock and would have done me the online deal but the cards scanning for them at all. In the end I only paid 500 and got the Series X but somehow ended up with a 2nd controller in the bag.

Signed up for Game pass...but my broadband is so pants, am still waiting for Doom Eternal to come down. Have a bunch of others queued as well (GTA V, Gears 5, Horizon 4, Halo Master Chief Collection, Jedi Fallen Order). Should keep me busy for some time. Also Witcher 3 and Bioshock Collection can be had for a tenner or less as on sale now. Looking forward to Diablo 2 the most though. Will finally put my LG CX48 to some sweet gaming use as it's only been a glorified monitor for WFH since I got a it a few months back. Have not gamed on consoles in 3 years+ (other than the Switch) so a lot of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ori and the Will of the Wisps you need to download from GamePass and play 4K 120 FPS HDR on that console and TV. Incredible game.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

What are the drop situations like at the moment?? Looking to pick up an X to compliment my PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Same boat as above. I have been watching the usual retailers to try and order one the last few weeks but no luck.

Is Argos any use? The website says I can reserve and collect in a week in most nearby Argos stores but I am not sure I trust it?

Advertisement