Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• JoinPSNI website updated.

As for the GV, multiple friends in. Stated they’ve been told no assessments due to covid and social distancing. All learning is done online

What about fitness and firearms training do you know?

I don’t want to be like joe wicks with a firearm in my living room to be honest

I’m going to give recruitment a call as we were not told this when we received the call for start dates

• Don’t get me wrong, you most likely are correct with the 1/2 week learning online. But as far as I’m aware few of those are yet to actually step foot into gv

• Don’t get me wrong, you most likely are correct with the 1/2 week learning online. But as far as I’m aware few of those are yet to actually step foot into gv

Let’s hope everything sorts itself out and everyone can get into GV after their online learning.

Just wouldn’t feel the same doing all the learning at home and personally I don’t think I would learn as much in a home environment so fingers crossed!

I contacted recruitment and they said everyone will find out exactly what’s happening at induction in regards to the online learning at the start.

• Lads! I got a call! Reserve intake for August start of someone drops out ����

• Howdyfolks wrote: »
    Lads! I got a call! Reserve intake for August start of someone drops out ����

Wooo! I just got the call as well for August reserve!

• Advertisement

No offence, chum, but as someone in GV at present, that's nonsense.

• MrChew wrote: »
    No offence, chum, but as someone in GV at present, that's nonsense.
    I’m only going by as to what I was told. They are only in recent and they’ve been told it’s going to be learning online for the moment. Your course could absolutely be different.

• I’m only going by as to what I was told. They are only in recent and they’ve been told it’s going to be learning online for the moment. Your course could absolutely be different.

I'm in GV atm as well and as MrChew says, it is nonsense. It's only the first week that is online the rest is done at the college.

• I’m only going by as to what I was told. They are only in recent and they’ve been told it’s going to be learning online for the moment. Your course could absolutely be different.

Fair enough, maybe someone who has had their induction recently will pop along and clear it up for the benefit of others.

• I have been to my induction recently and was told it's the usual intake day then 1 week online learning and then back to class after that

• Advertisement

• Congrats Mcfluffers and to all who got their calls for August and for the August reserve list. I am sure it feels so exciting! Hopefully not long behind yous, just the medical and SMT to go. Well done guys! xx

• mariyapsni wrote: »
    Congrats Mcfluffers and to all who got their calls for August and for the August reserve list. I am sure it feels so exciting! Hopefully not long behind yous, just the medical and SMT to go. Well done guys! xx

Have you got your medical date yet? Waiting on mine to arrive

• MrChew wrote: »
    Fair enough, maybe someone who has had their induction recently will pop along and clear it up for the benefit of others.

You've just heard it from the horse's mouth...

• NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    You've just heard it from the horse's mouth...

No, heard it from someone who heard it from someone else and is incorrect.

• Does it still come on your credit check if they the vetting team have looked, what is the name of the check? Admin remove if security issues for it. Using experian

• ASM1234 wrote: »
    Does it still come on your credit check if they the vetting team have looked, what is the name of the check? Admin remove if security issues for it. Using experian

Mines through and there wasn’t anything on my credit report. Maybe next month there will be tho

• Has anyone experienced delays to vetting due to living in mainland UK or being ex forces?
    I find I'm waiting an eternity whilst others seem to be passing in no time at all

• DDGS7 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced delays to vetting due to living in mainland UK or being ex forces?
    I find I'm waiting an eternity whilst others seem to be passing in no time at all
    What I hear through the grapevine is if you lived abroad or had loads of addresses can take longer, but nobody knows for sure unless ur the vetting officer I suppose.

Does it still come on your credit check if they the vetting team have looked, what is the name of the check? Admin remove if security issues for it. Using experian

Mine only showed up on the paid version of Experian, I did the 30 day trial but after 30 days I couldn’t see it on the free versions of Experian or clearscore

• Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Mine only showed up on the paid version of Experian, I did the 30 day trial but after 30 days I couldn’t see it on the free versions of Experian or clearscore
    yeah I have the paid version of experian(well 30day free trial) . Just wondering is the name obvious or not lol

• Advertisement

yeah I have the paid version of experian(well 30day free trial) . Just wondering is the name obvious or not lol

It’s really obvious, honestly can’t miss it haha. When did you send vetting away?

It’s really obvious, honestly can’t miss it haha. When did you send vetting away?
    Good stuff thanks- and about 2 weeks if even. being very hopeful

Good stuff thanks- and about 2 weeks if even. being very hopeful

My credit check took around 2 months to be processed I think and my vetting was 3.5 months but it’s all very unpredictable as some peoples are passing at lightening speed.

For people who have received their packs in the post did you notice the incorrect pay scales being sent out?

It does. It showed on my report today. It's very obvious that it's them doing the check.

My credit check took around 2 months to be processed I think and my vetting was 3.5 months but it’s all very unpredictable as some peoples are passing at lightening speed.

For people who have received their packs in the post did you notice the incorrect pay scales being sent out?

What was incorrect about the pay scales?

• What was incorrect about the pay scales?

It referred to the 2018 pay scales and not the 2020 ones that are on the joinpsni site. Quite a difference too, going to have to clarify it on induction

• Maybe this has already been answered but those who have recently got their vetting forms and starting the next stages, what was a rough merit number? Just trying to gauge a timeframe

• Kirks22 wrote: »
    Maybe this has already been answered but those who have recently got their vetting forms and starting the next stages, what was a rough merit number? Just trying to gauge a timeframe

350-400. Pca done, vetting forms sent away.

• Kirks22 wrote: »
    Maybe this has already been answered but those who have recently got their vetting forms and starting the next stages, what was a rough merit number? Just trying to gauge a timeframe

300-350.
    Vetting passed, PCA done and received medical date today.

• Advertisement

• Looks like some of the comments may have been deleted in the upgrade. Not a fan of the new look. Does anyone know what merit range they are issuing vetting forms to.

Advertisement