Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Thanks guys. I was 80-100 on ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Thanks guys. I was 80-100 on ML.

Ahh I'm 20 - 40 and still waiting on the call! Hopefully won't be too far behind you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Just got the call!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

Boss20 wrote: »
    Just got the call!!!!!

What merit number were you?

Watching this and my phone like a hawk

Howdyfolks wrote: »

You and me both Howdy. Where are you on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

100-150 fingers crossed you get the call too!

CLC93 wrote: »
    You and me both Howdy. Where are you on the list?

I'm 200-220

Not thinking I'll get a call this round but I can hope!

I'd imagine you will get a call for this one being so hi up the list

Fingers crossed anyway

I'm 200-220

Fingers crossed anyway

Nah I rang recruitment, my vetting only passed on Monday so I missed last weeks cut off for calls going out today unfortunately. I'll be included in the next batch of calls. Hopefully you will be too.

CLC93 wrote: »
    Nah I rang recruitment, my vetting only passed on Monday so I missed last weeks cut off for calls going out today unfortunately. I'll be included in the next batch of calls. Hopefully you will be too.

Did you ring them to see if you should be expecting a call or how did you wangle that info from them?

Did you ring them to see if you should be expecting a call or how did you wangle that info from them?

Yes I rang, I'm 20 - 40 on the merit list and with some a bit further down the list getting calls today, I just contacted recruitment directly to ask if there was a reason I hadn't yet been called. She said they unfortunately have to put the cut off somewhere and with it being last Friday I was just outside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 180lm

Just got the call for August! ML 120-150 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BSE1234

I'm 200-220

Fingers crossed anyway

Howdyfolks, I’m also in this merit list group. Have been appointable for the past month!

Well done to everyone who’s got the call so far! (Slightly jealous hahaha, the waiting it agonising!)

BSE1234 wrote: »
    Howdyfolks, I’m also in this merit list group. Have been appointable for the past month!

Well done to everyone who’s got the call so far! (Slightly jealous hahaha, the waiting it agonising!)

Should be in the same intake then, I've been apointable for The past month too, kind of starting to think September intake now tho.

Can't remember how many days the calls usually go out for, I think there's more that just one day of calls however

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

Also got the call this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Just for anyone that’s curious, new recruitment starts this Autumn. Ps for anyone starting GV, it’s all on zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Just for anyone that’s curious, new recruitment starts this Autumn. Ps for anyone starting GV, it’s all on zoom.

What’s your source for this?

It’s 1 or possibly 2 weeks at home and then into GV - classes are split into 2 separate groups for covid

JoinPSNI website updated.

As for the GV, multiple friends in. Stated they’ve been told no assessments due to covid and social distancing. All learning is done online

JoinPSNI website updated.

As for the GV, multiple friends in. Stated they’ve been told no assessments due to covid and social distancing. All learning is done online

What about fitness and firearms training do you know?

I don’t want to be like joe wicks with a firearm in my living room to be honest

I’m going to give recruitment a call as we were not told this when we received the call for start dates

Don’t get me wrong, you most likely are correct with the 1/2 week learning online. But as far as I’m aware few of those are yet to actually step foot into gv

Don’t get me wrong, you most likely are correct with the 1/2 week learning online. But as far as I’m aware few of those are yet to actually step foot into gv

Let’s hope everything sorts itself out and everyone can get into GV after their online learning.

Just wouldn’t feel the same doing all the learning at home and personally I don’t think I would learn as much in a home environment so fingers crossed!

I contacted recruitment and they said everyone will find out exactly what’s happening at induction in regards to the online learning at the start.

• Advertisement

Lads! I got a call! Reserve intake for August start of someone drops out ����

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BSE1234

Lads! I got a call! Reserve intake for August start of someone drops out ����

Wooo! I just got the call as well for August reserve!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

No offence, chum, but as someone in GV at present, that's nonsense.

MrChew wrote: »
    No offence, chum, but as someone in GV at present, that's nonsense.
    I’m only going by as to what I was told. They are only in recent and they’ve been told it’s going to be learning online for the moment. Your course could absolutely be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

I’m only going by as to what I was told. They are only in recent and they’ve been told it’s going to be learning online for the moment. Your course could absolutely be different.

I'm in GV atm as well and as MrChew says, it is nonsense. It's only the first week that is online the rest is done at the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Fair enough, maybe someone who has had their induction recently will pop along and clear it up for the benefit of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I have been to my induction recently and was told it's the usual intake day then 1 week online learning and then back to class after that

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Congrats Mcfluffers and to all who got their calls for August and for the August reserve list. I am sure it feels so exciting! Hopefully not long behind yous, just the medical and SMT to go. Well done guys! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Congrats Mcfluffers and to all who got their calls for August and for the August reserve list. I am sure it feels so exciting! Hopefully not long behind yous, just the medical and SMT to go. Well done guys! xx

Have you got your medical date yet? Waiting on mine to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

MrChew wrote: »
    Fair enough, maybe someone who has had their induction recently will pop along and clear it up for the benefit of others.

You've just heard it from the horse's mouth...

Advertisement