Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Hopefulcop wrote: »
    I'm in 350-400 and got mine 3 weeks ago if that helps you know where they're at.

Happy days. Gives me a fair idea if they are doing 50 or so a week. Thanks

• I am in same group as you but think we will be waiting a while. I emailed recruitment last week to clarify some things. They said our group will be updated at end of summer so I doubt we will start vetting till then.

• I am in 500-550 and was advised a few weeks ago that we should expect our vetting forms out at the end of June

• Has anyone done their PCA, or went to the familiarisation session? I've mine coming up very soon and I couldn't get to the familiarisation session as my little one was in hospital!

Any tips/advice?

Has anyone done their PCA, or went to the familiarisation session? I've mine coming up very soon and I couldn't get to the familiarisation session as my little one was in hospital!

Any tips/advice?

Just go in there and give it everything you have. Don't hold back. It's the quickest 4 minutes and 30 seconds of your life. The obstacles are more than manageable, just be careful going round cones, going under bars etc. Don't bother pacing yourself, it's a maximal effort test so just give her welly! Best of luck!

Ps hope your wee one is alright.

• Advertisement

• 

CLC93 wrote: »
    Just go in there and give it everything you have. Don't hold back. It's the quickest 4 minutes and 30 seconds of your life. The obstacles are more than manageable, just be careful going round cones, going under bars etc. Don't bother pacing yourself, it's a maximal effort test so just give her welly! Best of luck!

Very much what CLC has said empty the tank leave nothing to chance, you will get a bit of time on the day to have a walk round the course soo don't worry too much.

Has anyone done their PCA, or went to the familiarisation session? I've mine coming up very soon and I couldn't get to the familiarisation session as my little one was in hospital!

Any tips/advice?

Like everyone else has said, give it dixie. I missed my familiarisation session and passed comfortably so don't worry on that front.

• CLC93 wrote: »

Thanks, she's doing well now thankfully!

Any tips/advice?

Search psni pca on YouTube and there’s a run through

• Passed medical, just SMT now!

So relived as medical was going to be my worst stage throughout the entire recruitment due to a few issues I had written down.

• Advertisement

• Mcfluffers wrote: »
    Passed medical, just SMT now!

So relived as medical was going to be my worst stage throughout the entire recruitment due to a few issues I had written down.

Congrats! I had assumed that these results would have came back together? How long ago did it roughly take for your medical results to come back?

• Congrats! I had assumed that these results would have came back together? How long ago did it roughly take for your medical results to come back?

Thank you!

Less than 48 hours to receive the pass email which was great!

SMT is done by a private medical company so they take a bit longer but turnaround for them seems to be fairly quick at the minute so hoping I’m appointable by next week!

• Congrats! I had assumed that these results would have came back together? How long ago did it roughly take for your medical results to come back?
    Mine also only took a couple of days and SMT came back the day after medical result. They definitely seem to be speeding things up. Good luck

• Mine also only took a couple of days and SMT came back the day after medical result. They definitely seem to be speeding things up. Good luck

I would be absolutely delighted if my smt results came through this week! Things seem to be moving very fast in general now for everyone which is great!

Side note - if anyone has been worrying themselves sick about mental health issues on their medical form and have read previous posts about being an automatic fail if you have been prescribed antidepressants in the last year, I can confirm that occ health 100% assess each case individually and it is definitely not an automatic no!

• What exactly do you need to ask for from your gp for the medical? I’ve moved about a bit so thinking I might start trying to track down my medical history now…

• JRR2021 wrote: »
    What exactly do you need to ask for from your gp for the medical? I’ve moved about a bit so thinking I might start trying to track down my medical history now…

You fill in your medical questionnaire and leave it in your practice for the GP to verify if you have answered the questions correctly. If you have said yes to anything the GP can provide you with evidence like hospital reports etc.

I could be wrong but I think most Northern Ireland practices are linked through a system called ECR - maybe just contact your GP first and see if they can see your complete history or not to save you calling round!

• What sort of times is people getting who have passed the PCA?

• Libby 411 wrote: »
    What sort of times is people getting who have passed the PCA?

Below 4m 30s

• So can I just confirm if there is an actual physical medical, or is it just forms to go to gp?

• So can I just confirm if there is an actual physical medical, or is it just forms to go to gp?

You bring the filled in questionnaire to an actual physical appointment with occupational health.

You will receive the questionnaire after your PCA, if you pass.

• Advertisement

• Thanks mcfluffers

• Medical passed just waiting on my SMT results now.

• When did you go for your medical? Congratulations on passing!

• CG1324 wrote: »
    When did you go for your medical? Congratulations on passing!

Late last week

• How long after you pass the pca does it take to be invited to do the medical? Also once the medical is complete and passed how long then until appointable?

• How long after you pass the pca does it take to be invited to do the medical? Also once the medical is complete and passed how long then until appointable?

Typically you shouldn't be waiting too long for a medical invite after passing your PCA, I passed my PCA back in Nov and have had my medical pass from Feb (covid restrictions got in the way). You're appointable once you have completed and passed all of the PSNI managed stages, that includes your vetting. How long does vetting take to pass? Anywhere from 1 week (like someone on here recently) to 36 weeks and counting like me.

I got my medical date roughly 3 weeks after passing pca, medical date was around 4 weeks after that so waiting around 7 weeks for medical.

Everyone’s medical/smt results seems to take a different amount of time - I waited less than 48 hours for medical but others have been waiting longer.

And like CLC93 has said vetting must be passed to become appointable. This is the most unpredictable stage as some pass extremely fast and others can take a lot longer

• That’s me appointable - phewww

• Mcfluffers wrote: »
    That’s me appointable - phewww

Well done hopefully not far behind you

• Advertisement

• Who all is appointable and waiting for the call? If so, what sort of merit range?

I'm 100-150 & appointable.

Advertisement