Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

mikhail wrote: »
    Some great movies leaving in the next few days: Blue Ruin, Midnight in Paris, The Truman Show, Smokey and the Bandit, The Terminal, Revolutionary Road, La La Land, The Green Mile, Burn After Reading, The Blues Brothers, and more. Any of those are worth a look if you haven't seen them and are looking for something to watch tonight or tomorrow.

Burn After Reading has been in my watchlist for years and I never think of it when I want a movie to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Burn After Reading has been in my watchlist for years and I never think of it when I want a movie to watch.
    Oh, do catch it. It's not to everyone's taste, but I found it very funny.

Oh, do catch it. It's not to everyone's taste, but I found it very funny.

I saw clip years ago when it first came out and I knew it was my kind thing but it never came to the cinema here and it just always slipped my mind. Same thing for Men Who Stare at Goats.

I actually didn’t know Burn After Reading was on Netflix.

So tonight is the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I watched the first few epodes of this series years ago. I found the way the main female was dressed to be very disorientating.

I found the way the Wrath character kept grabbing her boobs to be really irritating, I'm not a prude by any stretch but it seemed to be written by a thirteen year old with his pen in one hand and his pen15 in the other

I found the way the Wrath character kept grabbing her boobs to be really irritating, I'm not a prude by any stretch but it seemed to be written by a thirteen year old with his pen in one hand and his pen15 in the other

Yes that too - I didn’t mention it in the previous post because I didn’t quite know how to talk about that.

He was given the appearance of a child which made it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Has anyone else watched Huge in France?

I just finished it there a few minutes ago.

It started out as an easy watch - had a good premise and was quite funny, however the last two episodes took a more serious turn and it finished with quite a dark ending… :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Has anyone else watched Huge in France?

I just finished it there a few minutes ago.

It started out as an easy watch - had a good premise and was quite funny, however the last two episodes took a more serious turn and it finished with quite a dark ending… :confused:

Saw it when it came out. His French stand up is very good (although he was accused of plagiarising an American comedian whose name escapes me), but his english stand up is poor sadly. the series felt like an advertisement to his stand up tour in the Sates for the most part. Felt it was ok but really nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ikozma wrote: »
    "awake" christ netflix is churning out some major horse****

looking that way, I'd like a good "tech failing" film but whats with all these films , cant make a sound, cant sleep, whats next cant take a sh1t? oh and watch out for the kid thats going to solve it all

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

silverharp wrote: »
    whats next cant take a sh1t?

"Clenched"

Never let go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "Clenched"

Never let go

Soldier points gun "I need to see you sh1t boy!"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Some great movies leaving in the next few days: Blue Ruin, Midnight in Paris, The Truman Show, Smokey and the Bandit, The Terminal, Revolutionary Road, La La Land, The Green Mile, Burn After Reading, The Blues Brothers, and more. Any of those are worth a look if you haven't seen them and are looking for something to watch tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone not seen RR from this list you should watch it before it goes. The acting from DiCaprio and Winslet is wonderful, also Michael Shannon is great in it. But the star of the show is definitely DiCaprio.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "Clenched"

Never let go

When you gotta go, you gotta die

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Blue ruin is a superb movie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sophie: A Murder in West Cork
    A shocking murder in rural Ireland sets off an increasingly convoluted quest for justice that spans decades and cuts across national borders.

America: The Motion Picture
    A chainsaw-wielding George Washington teams with beer-loving bro Sam Adams to take down the Brits in a tongue-in-cheek riff on the American Revolution.

The Daily Life of the Immortal King (Anime)
    Having vanquished a powerful demon at age six, precocious wizard Wang Ling must now navigate high school life as an ordinary teen.

Legend of Exorcism (Anime)
    After leaving Yaojin Palace, Kong Hongjun arrives in Chang'an to battle demons and forms a bond with exorcism squad chief Li Jinglong.

Prime Time (Polish)
    On New Year's Eve 1999, an armed man enters a TV studio during a broadcast, takes the host hostage and makes one demand: to give a message live on air.

Somos Season 1
    The lives of the people of Allende, a Mexican border town, are overtaken by a powerful cartel's operations, leading to tragedy. Inspired by true events.

added

I really wish Netflix would show the new releases in a the banner like Disney+ does.

They only advertise one old TV series on my app at a time.

There isn’t even a New Release section showing on the app on my phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, Netflix missed out here with the clearly better title of "Stakes on a Plane" :pac:

Coming out July; and while its one-line premise is a bit eye-rolling, could be the kind of watchable rubbish useful on a lazy weekend (if the end result is vaguely coherent mind you) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

pixelburp wrote: »
    Honestly, Netflix missed out here with the clearly better title of "Stakes on a Plane" :pac:

Coming out July; and while its one-line premise is a bit eye-rolling, could be the kind of watchable rubbish useful on a lazy weekend (if the end result is vaguely coherent mind you) :D

I stopped watching the trailer half way through as it looks like something I'd enjoy and I didn't want to spoil too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any thoughts on Netflix's effort on covering Sophie Du Plantier versus Jim Sheridan's Sky effort?

Don't remember the story too well so interested in watching it.. I'm favouring Netflix for some reason.

Xaniaj wrote: »
    I stopped watching the trailer half way through as it looks like something I'd enjoy and I didn't want to spoil too much!

I used to be a big fan of trailers until I realised how they spoiled a movie.

They should be scrapped all movies should be promoted with behind the scenes footage and sound bytes like the behind the scenes trailers for Star Wars - which is the only thing they did right on the Sequels.

Anyway - vampires on a plane? I’m in… but saving it for the dark night of October :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭appledrop

Basq wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Netflix's effort on covering Sophie Du Plantier versus Jim Sheridan's Sky effort?

Don't remember the story too well so interested in watching it.. I'm favouring Netflix for some reason.

I'm going to watch both as they are both coming from a different angle and then make my conclusions afterwards.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where I can watch 4th season of Unforgotten?

Finished season 3 last night on Netflix, my god it was outstanding, nearly broke my heart!

Basq wrote: »

I don’t like “true crime” documentaries as I find them depressing and the few series I have tried I bail as they seem to be dragged out just make a certain number of episodes.

And I thought I knew all the details for this case anyways.

However, from a few recent posts on the boards I saw comments and such about things I didn’t know. And when it arrived on Netflix I saw it only has three episode - which means it probably stays on course and doesn’t have padding like other series to drag it out.

So I will give it a look.

I don’t have Sky though so it only be the Netflix one for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

appledrop wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can watch 4th season of Unforgotten?

Finished season 3 last night on Netflix, my god it was outstanding, nearly broke my heart!

Channel 4 app I think

Xaniaj wrote: »

all in on that

LilacNails wrote: »
    Channel 4 app I think

Thanks tried that but not there.

appledrop wrote: »
    Thanks tried that but not there.

its itv

https://www.itv.com/hub/unforgotten/2a3372

peteeeed wrote: »

I tried to register but won't accept my postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Wish they did dark crystal season 2. I know they just think it's way over budget but it was brilliant imo

Wish they did dark crystal season 2. I know they just think it's way over budget but it was brilliant imo

I love that movie.

The series was cancelled before I got a chance to watch it.

I have been hoping that Disney+ would pick it up.

I’m looking forward to Willow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

I love that movie.

The series was cancelled before I got a chance to watch it.

I have been hoping that Disney+ would pick it up.

I’m looking forward to Willow.

Think the series is still on netflix.. search it. It's well worth a watch. It's actually better than the film which I would of thought is hard to beat. Between the labyrinth and dark crystal its probs jim Henson's best work imo

EDIT. Yep it's still there. Wish I was watching it again for the first time

Advertisement