Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking for the youtube version of that sexy beasts trailer to send it on to someone and in the process found out it's a US version of a series that aired on BBC THREE

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »

Great show.

The casting of the school principal and his son is uncanny for the likeness between the two if them.

Also, Gillian Anderson is still damn hot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

tigger123 wrote: »
    Great show.

The casting of the school principal and his soon is uncanny for the likeness between the two if them.

I swear I've looked it up several times to see if they were related in real life. It keeps telling me no, but I don't believe it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

I swear I've looked it up several times to see if they were related in real life. It keeps telling me no, but I don't believe it :D

Me too, I was convinced they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

I'm trying to watch Murder by the Coast but along with the subtitles there is also an English audio translation. Is there any way of getting rid of the audio as I am finding it very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

gmisk wrote: »
    Fantastic
    Love this show!

I tried it twice and couldn’t get into it . What am I missing ?
    I’d be a fan of Gillian Anderson too!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm trying to watch Murder by the Coast but along with the subtitles there is also an English audio translation. Is there any way of getting rid of the audio as I am finding it very distracting.

There normally is. Go to the Audio and subtitles and click on audio and I’ve watched this show but if you are saying there English audio description, there should be an option for English audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There normally is. Go to the Audio and subtitles and click on audio and I’ve watched this show but if you are saying there English audio description, there should be an option for English audio.

Thanks will try that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

km79 wrote: »
    I tried it twice and couldn’t get into it . What am I missing ?
    I’d be a fan of Gillian Anderson too!

If you genuinely tried it, as in gave it 4 or 5 episodes, and it's still not for you, then it's probably just not for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

If you genuinely tried it, as in gave it 4 or 5 episodes, and it's still not for you, then it's probably just not for you.

Watched the first episode only ! Twice . Maybe the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

km79 wrote: »
    Watched the first episode only ! Twice . Maybe the second one

Might just not be for you but I would defo try a few more episodes. Its a great show. Looking forward to its return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hurray for Sex Education, and Too Hot to Handle (guilty pleasure). Think I saw somewhere that Virgin River is back in July too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I haven’t seen Sex Education yet.

I am years behind on everything.

There is too many series to watch and not enough days in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sex/Life season 1
    A woman's daring sexual past collides with her married-with-kids present when the bad-boy ex she can't stop fantasizing about crashes back into her life.

The A List Season 2
    Romance, rivalry and radical mystery collide as a group of teens attend a remote island sleepaway camp in this suspenseful, supernatural drama

Ray season 1 (Indian)
    From a satire to a psychological thriller, four short stories from celebrated auteur and writer Satyajit Ray are adapted for the screen in this series.

This Could Go Anywhere season 1
    Cricketers Brendon "Baz" McCullum and Phil "Tuffers" Tufnell go on an exhilarating road trip to explore New Zealand's most picturesque golf courses.

Overcomer
    When a reluctant basketball coach has to lead the cross country team, he learns his only runner has a history that will challenge both of their beliefs

Good Burger
    Working at a neighbourhood fast-food joint, two teens try to save the restaurant when a giant burger franchise fires up the competition

The Angry Birds Movie 2
    Enemies turn into frenemies when the Pigs call for a truce with the Birds to unite against a formidable new foe that's threatening all of their homes.

added

Wonder Boy (French)
    This revealing documentary follows Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing as he brings his bold designs to life and goes in search of his origins.

Into the Wind (Czech)
    Two siblings set sail as a crew on a yacht on the Aegean Sea. Circumstances soon change when a young documentary filmmaker comes aboard.

Added

Is Godzilla Singular Point connected to the the three animated Godzilla movies?

What is the English dub on those three movies like? My nephew likes Godzilla but subtitles won’t hold his attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Has anyone watched Katla yet..I'm on the second episode and it definitely looks promising
    Irish Aris wrote: »
    I finished it on the weekend.
    I found it interesting. It was a bit slow and from a point on I felt it's more of a drama focusing on the characters more so than the sci-fi elements. But the ending wraps things up nicely - in a short of a catharsis for almost all characters. The ending also leaves the door open for a second season if they wish to do so.
    Not groundbreaking, but good nevertheless and some beautiful landscapes of Iceland - I have been in that area 3 years ago and it is absolutely gorgeous.
    Seen the first four. For sure a slow-burn, but fairly intriguing. Definite shades of Glitch in there.

Sorry We Missed You (Ken Loach)
    Trying to get ahead in the new gig economy as a delivery driver, a working-class family man falls behind due to his employer's unscrupulous policies.

Added

Was Wu Assassins intend to to be one season or did Netflix just not renew it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Was Wu Assassins intend to to be one season or did Netflix just not renew it?

The series was cancelled, but there are plans in place to produce a 1 off movie to tie it all up

The series was cancelled, but there are plans in place to produce a 1 off movie to tie it all up

Thank you.

I will wait for that to be released before starting the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I hated it. The most boring film I've ever seen

If you think "There will be blood" is the most boring film ever, I can only surmise that you are the type of movie goer that would be overly excited in anticipation of the release of Fast and Furious 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Sam Hain wrote: »
    If you think "There will be blood" is the most boring film ever, I can only surmise that you are the type of movie goer that would be overly excited in anticipation of the release of Fast and Furious 9.

Have never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies. Been a long time since I watched TWBB. But I remember hating it. I could surmise some things myself, but hey, who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Up there with one of his best. Bizarrely got sent a tattoo based on the movie. Blown away.

The Seven Deadly Sins season 5 (Anime )
    When a kingdom is taken over by tyrants, the deposed princess begins a quest to find a disbanded group of evil knights to help take back her realm.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Roy Keane favorite film (There will be blood).

If it's good enough for Roy...

for the people asking , this is the best site for titles that are leaving soon

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

The Seven Deadly Sins season 5 (Anime )
    When a kingdom is taken over by tyrants, the deposed princess begins a quest to find a disbanded group of evil knights to help take back her realm.

added

I watched the first few epodes of this series years ago. I found the way the main female was dressed to be very disorientating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

for the people asking , this is the best site for titles that are leaving soon

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

Some great movies leaving in the next few days: Blue Ruin, Midnight in Paris, The Truman Show, Smokey and the Bandit, The Terminal, Revolutionary Road, La La Land, The Green Mile, Burn After Reading, The Blues Brothers, and more. Any of those are worth a look if you haven't seen them and are looking for something to watch tonight or tomorrow.

Advertisement