Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dreck

Did anyone recently get results for the library assistant panel for louth coco? I know that isn’t necessarily clerical officer role but they’re on a similar salary grade I think so chancing my arm asking here.

They said during the interview they would be recruiting 5 people from the panel and hope to start them immediately. Just wondering if anyone’s heard anything since getting their panel results?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hi all, at CO interview is the competency 'drive and commitment to public service values' assessed throughout the interview or is it asked as a specific question? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Moomooland wrote: »
    Up to 242 Cork and 138 Limerick. :)

Is that up 242 in Cork have been called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Is that up 242 in Cork have been called for interview?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Started as CO last November and am thinking of doing a springboard course. My preference would be computers/coding but don't know if that would be beneficial to progression. Any one any idea on courses which would be considered worthwhile in promotion terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Pixieblue

Hi, I've just been asked if I want to go ahead with clearance for Limerick. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes from clearance and vetting to starting a position. I am wondering if I need to give notice to my current employer as I have to work 1 months notice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 B61

Hi, just wondering how long people are waiting for interview results please. I had my interview yesterday. Also, do they let you know if you aren't successful or just if you are successful, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marksman73

B61 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering how long people are waiting for interview results please. I had my interview yesterday. Also, do they let you know if you aren't successful or just if you are successful, thanks

It depends but can be up to two weeks and they will tell you if successful or not

Started as CO last November and am thinking of doing a springboard course. My preference would be computers/coding but don't know if that would be beneficial to progression. Any one any idea on courses which would be considered worthwhile in promotion terms

I would say go and do a course you’re interested in. It’s very unusual that CO’s avail of further/third level course, in the place I used to work in I was the only CO that was attending a course out of 20 odd CO’s. it also looks great if you’re thinking of going for EO or HEO promotion. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Pixieblue wrote: »
    Hi, I've just been asked if I want to go ahead with clearance for Limerick. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes from clearance and vetting to starting a position. I am wondering if I need to give notice to my current employer as I have to work 1 months notice. Thanks.

Good question I am also wondering this.

At what stage does one need to give current employer notice? I presume after clearance has been passed but maybe someone on here could confirm?

Also, is there a €500 pay increase this year and next for clerical officers?

• Advertisement

Saulgudman wrote: »
    Good question I am also wondering this.

At what stage does one need to give current employer notice? I presume after clearance has been passed but maybe someone on here could confirm?

Also, is there a €500 pay increase this year and next for clerical officers?
    Yes, COs are due a pay increase of €500 this October and next October 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tbandrews

Interview was Monday notified Tuesday evening I was successful & placed oom1 Mayo ��

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

Currently going through the process myself. Once I received the request for my documents I did tell my employer that there was a possibility of my leaving and that someone may be in touch for a reference (I know that this may not be an option for everybody). When I sent back all my documents I was asked if it was ok for PAS to contact my employer or did I wish to speak to him first. I'm assuming that I will be able to give my employer a months notice officially when/if formally offered a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcgonagall7

Can I ask what the €500 increase is? Or how it's based? I started as a CO in May, will I be entitled to this? Sorry for the questions, I just hadn't heard anything about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Would anyone recommend taking a job in the county council over the civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

acawarrior wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend taking a job in the county council over the civil service?

I think you may get more annual leave so that would definitely be a plus. Possibly 26/27 someone else maybe able to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Sorry is that 500 for each point in scale? I'll be starting soon so will the scale be changing?

Which County Council, if you don’t mind me asking.

Moomooland wrote: »
    Which County Council, if you don’t mind me asking.

Southern region in enterprise.

Can I ask what the €500 increase is? Or how it's based? I started as a CO in May, will I be entitled to this? Sorry for the questions, I just hadn't heard anything about it!
    Under the new agreement, building momentum, there's a 1% pay increase or a €500, whichever is higher. See forsa link.
    https://www.forsa.ie/building-momentum-a-new-public-sector-agreement-faqs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MegaJoules

Tbandrews wrote: »
    Interview was Monday notified Tuesday evening I was successful & placed oom1 Mayo ��

Great news, hope you're not waiting too long for placement o:)

Southern region in enterprise.

I’ve messaged you 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Can anyone advise, if you have previous experience as a Temporary Clerical Officer can you go up to the next step on the pay scale? If so how many years would you need? Thanks

abbeybella wrote: »
    Can anyone advise, if you have previous experience as a Temporary Clerical Officer can you go up to the next step on the pay scale? If so how many years would you need? Thanks[/QUOTE

How many months have you done already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

Can anyone advise, if you have previous experience as a Temporary Clerical Officer can you go up to the next step on the pay scale? If so how many years would you need? Thanks

All your time will be taken into account. It may take a few months for payroll to work it out but you'll be back paid what's due and jump up the scale sooner then. Query it!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Your previous service is combined with your contract start date to give you the annual increment date I.e. if you start on 1st July and have 6 months tco experience, your next increment date would be around 1st January next year. If you ever get promotion, the increment date changes to when you start your new role. My new department allowed me a few weeks to give notice and also had the revised salary with incremental credit already written into my contract before I signed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I left public service and recently turned down job in city council. Took a drop in annual leave and pay. Far greater choice, flexibility, promotion opportunities etc in civil service. Idea of 9-5 in council wasnt runner. Im.currently working 7.30-3pm because it suits me. Best of luck choosing your hours in the council

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I left public service and recently turned down job in city council. Took a drop in annual leave and pay. Far greater choice, flexibility, promotion opportunities etc in civil service. Idea of 9-5 in council wasnt runner. Im.currently working 7.30-3pm because it suits me. Best of luck choosing your hours in the council

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Marksman73

Yes you will get it, it is part of pay deals negotiated by Unions. But even if you not in the Union you get it

• Advertisement

Vologda69 wrote: »

The job I am going for in civil service would be shift work 24/7 but council would be 9-5.30.

Did you leave the public service? So you would recommend the civil service irrespective of the shift hours? Thanks

Advertisement