adubintipp2 wrote: »
NOTIFICATION: Monday 28th June - on portal, not text yet.
VACCINE DATE: Wednesday 30th June (29 days after dose 1)
Cb12345 wrote: »
Sat 26th June was 28 days after 1st vaccine.
1972 North County Dublin Pfizer @ the Helix.
Nothing on portal(awaiting 2nd appointment) or by text. Just rang helpline and was told no escalation available untll 28 days +5 days. Nothing can be done untill then. Nice enough person on other end of phone, could kind of tell she was fed up giving people bad news/no news.
Back to waiting I guess.
Cb12345 wrote: »
Portal updated with 2nd vaccine date. Friday @helix 2nd July. That's 34 days after initial jab(29th May). Yay me.
No text yet. Hopefully this means others waiting 2nd Pfizer dose from helix will start getting appointments soon.
Call me Al wrote: »
Lol.. my text has just come through now too.
It's the 48 year olds 2nd citywest day out by the looks of things.
AndyBoBandy wrote: »
OH (38) got her appointment for Thursday 1st July at 11:30am at the Helix.
Trouble is she's on a site visit that day (ironically to a hospital), and can't make it (these visits are planned months in advance), we rang up and they said the best we can do is request a new appointment which could be any time in the next 3 weeks!!! We don't want to wait that long as we want to be vaccinated asap.
My appointment is tomorrow afternoon at the Helix.
Would it be worth A. Her coming with me tomorrow in the hope of by then some no shows will mean an excess of vaccines, and they'd give her a 1st dose? (my mothers neighbours did this, He had an appointment, she (in a similar age bracket) didn't have an appointment, but they both went together and both got done). The Girl on the helpline said they could not advise this (though of course they can't advise it).
or B. her go on Thursday morning when the vaccination centre opens (does anyone know what time the 1st appointments are?), and get the shot before her day onsite.
or C. Call my local GP and explain the above and see if he can do it this week?
blade1 wrote: »
I'm fair shook today after getting second moderna jab yesterday.
In bed, head throbbing and aching all-over.
Even when I make a sudden move it's like getting a shock.
spuddy wrote: »
You might get an exception, given the circumstances. Certainly no harm asking.
I chanced my arm and asked if my wife could be done, when I was getting my shot. I was asked if she had any underlying medical conditions, and then politely told if she didn't, she'd have to wait her turn. Thought that was fair, and actually I was pleased to see that queue jumping isn't rife.
harr wrote: »
I am due my second while I am in holiday with 3 kids and I am planning on traveling back up for it .. I would hate to be totally ****ed after it .
I am hoping my second is pushed out to nearer 5 weeks instead of the 4 weeks
Sparko wrote: »
2nd dose of AZ this Saturday in the Helix for my 64 year old dad.
Paranoid Mandroid wrote: »
Does anyone know what groups/doses they are doing this week in Punchestown or Citywest? Interested in the 40 age group. I've noticed from this thread a couple of 2nd dose Pfizer and AZ in citywest...has anyone age 40 got a first dose at either locations this week? cheers, wife still waiting.
_Kaiser_ wrote: »
First dose went fine for me save for a sore arm for 2/3 days, but nothing Nurofen couldn't sort out
I was planning to go into the office on Friday (the day after I'm getting my 2nd dose), but if I even feel slightly dodgy Thursday night/Friday morning I'll just stay put. A 90 minute drive can wait.
Hoping I'll be OK though. It's pretty rare I get sick from anything thankfully.
Did these symptoms start last night for you, or today?
Rebelbrowser wrote: »
Sorry, I should perhaps have clarified. On vaccine no. 1 my wife had this very issue (we were 3 hours away) and did indeed travel back during the June bank holiday weekend, just as you suggest, even though it ruined our first weekend break in over a year. But that's just us, I suspect most people on vaccine no.2 in particular might be less enthusiastic about breaking mid holiday. I'm speculating but I suspect a lot of people in July will want to defer, and defer by at least a week. I was just highlighting that issue. As is apparent from my posts on here I'd walk across broken glass for the vaccine but talking to friends I'm seen as a vaccine zealot in that regard.
pc7 wrote: »
Sparko can I ask how many weeks that will be, waiting for one of my folks to get called for second.
cee_jay wrote: »
Any updates on where Citywest is at? Over 3 weeks since I registered now, and still at Awaiting Appointment 1.