Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Portal updated with 2nd vaccine date. Friday @helix 2nd July. That's 34 days after initial jab(29th May). Yay me.
    No text yet. Hopefully this means others waiting 2nd Pfizer dose from helix will start getting appointments soon.

Exactly the same for me, and just got SMS. See you there. Will cut my holiday up with a round trip to DCU, but what you gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

2nd dose

NOTIFICATION: Monday 28th June - on portal, not text yet.
    VACCINE DATE: Wednesday 30th June (29 days after dose 1)

Lol.. my text has just come through now too. I had dose 1 on 1st June.

So iy's the 48 year olds 2nd citywest day out by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭by the seaside

Call me Al wrote: »
    Lol.. my text has just come through now too.

It's the 48 year olds 2nd citywest day out by the looks of things.

It sounds so glamorous when you put it like that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I got 1st jab of Pfizer in the Helix on 15th May.

I got a text last week to get 2nd jab on Sunday just gone. I wasn't feeling up to it as I've been unwell since the 1st one so a texted back "New" for another date

Got a text today for appointment this coming Friday which I'm now happy to attend.

But I'm really glad I deferred it as I'm eventually starting to feel a bit better and more ready for the 2nd jab.

Very good service, I was worried I'd be pushed way down on the list but that was a risk I was willing to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭spuddy

OH (38) got her appointment for Thursday 1st July at 11:30am at the Helix.

Trouble is she's on a site visit that day (ironically to a hospital), and can't make it (these visits are planned months in advance), we rang up and they said the best we can do is request a new appointment which could be any time in the next 3 weeks!!! We don't want to wait that long as we want to be vaccinated asap.

My appointment is tomorrow afternoon at the Helix.
    Would it be worth A. Her coming with me tomorrow in the hope of by then some no shows will mean an excess of vaccines, and they'd give her a 1st dose? (my mothers neighbours did this, He had an appointment, she (in a similar age bracket) didn't have an appointment, but they both went together and both got done). The Girl on the helpline said they could not advise this (though of course they can't advise it).

or B. her go on Thursday morning when the vaccination centre opens (does anyone know what time the 1st appointments are?), and get the shot before her day onsite.

or C. Call my local GP and explain the above and see if he can do it this week?

You might get an exception, given the circumstances. Certainly no harm asking.

I chanced my arm and asked if my wife could be done, when I was getting my shot. I was asked if she had any underlying medical conditions, and then politely told if she didn't, she'd have to wait her turn. Thought that was fair, and actually I was pleased to see that queue jumping isn't rife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm fair shook today after getting second moderna jab yesterday.
    In bed, head throbbing and aching all-over.
    Even when I make a sudden move it's like getting a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

24 hours of feeling unwell with fatigue and banging headache after second Pfizer,
    Partner had second jab on Saturday and Sunday was a write off, all in a good cause though so no complaints from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

blade1 wrote: »
    I am due my second while I am in holiday with 3 kids and I am planning on traveling back up for it .. I would hate to be totally ****ed after it .
    I am hoping my second is pushed out to nearer 5 weeks instead of the 4 weeks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

spuddy wrote: »
    You might get an exception, given the circumstances. Certainly no harm asking.

I chanced my arm and asked if my wife could be done, when I was getting my shot. I was asked if she had any underlying medical conditions, and then politely told if she didn't, she'd have to wait her turn. Thought that was fair, and actually I was pleased to see that queue jumping isn't rife.

Fair enough. My OH is working in health (though not front line), and does regularly visit hospitals, so that could sway it in her direction.

harr wrote: »
    I am due my second while I am in holiday with 3 kids and I am planning on traveling back up for it .. I would hate to be totally ****ed after it .
    I am hoping my second is pushed out to nearer 5 weeks instead of the 4 weeks

I was a bit sick after the first as well but when the sick went it went went fairly instantly so hoping if I can get a good sleep tonight it'll be gone in the morning.
    As the other poster said it's for the greater good and I'm glad to have it done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Registered on portal:1st June 2021
    Appointment text: Never
    Vaccine received from gp: 28th June 2021

After escalating to hse via twitter and on phone I still had no app as of this morning.

Spoke to security girl at dundalk vac centre yesterday and told that just 2nd doses all last week and possibly sefond all this week.

Happy that gp called this morning and invited me in so saga over, second appointment 28th July 2021.

Dundalk appears to be a impossible to get app for circa 40 to 42 year olds, lots of people in waiting room waiting for appointment a month, another guy at gp said some of his colleagues sent to Helix last sat and they hadn't them on system, my other half 42 also sent to Helix but didn't have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

2nd dose of AZ this Saturday in the Helix for my 64 year old dad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sparko wrote: »
    2nd dose of AZ this Saturday in the Helix for my 64 year old dad.

Sparko can I ask how many weeks that will be, waiting for one of my folks to get called for second.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,577 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

blade1 wrote: »

First dose went fine for me save for a sore arm for 2/3 days, but nothing Nurofen couldn't sort out

I was planning to go into the office on Friday (the day after I'm getting my 2nd dose), but if I even feel slightly dodgy Thursday night/Friday morning I'll just stay put. A 90 minute drive can wait.

Hoping I'll be OK though. It's pretty rare I get sick from anything thankfully.

Did these symptoms start last night for you, or today?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Does anyone know what groups/doses they are doing this week in Punchestown or Citywest? Interested in the 40 age group. I've noticed from this thread a couple of 2nd dose Pfizer and AZ in citywest...has anyone age 40 got a first dose at either locations this week? cheers, wife still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Got my first Pfizer today at The Helix. Was told next dose will be given in Cloghran, near Dublin Airport. I assume they're adding more capacity for the younger groups as I hadn't heard of this centre being used for vaccines before.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Does anyone know what groups/doses they are doing this week in Punchestown or Citywest? Interested in the 40 age group. I've noticed from this thread a couple of 2nd dose Pfizer and AZ in citywest...has anyone age 40 got a first dose at either locations this week? cheers, wife still waiting.

Loads a few pages back of 40 somethings being done this week in citywest for 1st dose
    I got my appointment for tomorrow but had to reschedule so waiting on new appointment to come through

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    First dose went fine for me save for a sore arm for 2/3 days, but nothing Nurofen couldn't sort out

I was planning to go into the office on Friday (the day after I'm getting my 2nd dose), but if I even feel slightly dodgy Thursday night/Friday morning I'll just stay put. A 90 minute drive can wait.

Hoping I'll be OK though. It's pretty rare I get sick from anything thankfully.

Did these symptoms start last night for you, or today?

I got jab at 10:45.
    Arm started getting sore around 5pm.
    Was feeling a bit shītty around 9pm so went to bed.
    Kept waking during the night and getting worse.
    By morning I was in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Nope, know a few 40/41 including myself still waiting over 3 weeks now for an appointment.

Edit: Also know a couple of 42yr olds getting their jab this evening in Citywest - they got their appointment last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭hello2020

received text for 1st apt. for tomorrow afternoon at City-west. 42 yr..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Husband (37) is getting his first dose this Thursday in the Helix, having registered last Monday. Seem to be doing well enough in the Helix for this cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭mojesius

Had my first dose of Pfizer in Gorey today, home is South Wicklow
    Age 38
    Registered 22nd June, received appt text on same day

I've a banging headache despite painkillers but just delighted to have it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Sorry, I should perhaps have clarified. On vaccine no. 1 my wife had this very issue (we were 3 hours away) and did indeed travel back during the June bank holiday weekend, just as you suggest, even though it ruined our first weekend break in over a year. But that's just us, I suspect most people on vaccine no.2 in particular might be less enthusiastic about breaking mid holiday. I'm speculating but I suspect a lot of people in July will want to defer, and defer by at least a week. I was just highlighting that issue. As is apparent from my posts on here I'd walk across broken glass for the vaccine but talking to friends I'm seen as a vaccine zealot in that regard.
    No worries mate, hope you get your juice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

pc7 wrote: »
    Sparko can I ask how many weeks that will be, waiting for one of my folks to get called for second.

That'll be 9 weeks and a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

cee_jay wrote: »
    Any updates on where Citywest is at? Over 3 weeks since I registered now, and still at Awaiting Appointment 1.
    I've an appointment tomorrow, 41 (1979) and I registered on 02/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Also in citywest tomorrow (42) - - couldn't tell you when I registered off the top of my head but it was probably 3 weeks ago, I think the portal was open 10+ hours for the 40-44 group.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

MizMix wrote: »
    Appointment: tomorrow for Pfizer. Text came through Friday 3 weeks and 2 days after registering.
    Mvc- an hour away in Meath even though I’m in Louth close to the MVC. Every single 40 plus in Louth seems to be sent all over the place while the Fairways focuses on second dose for 60 plus. More than happy to travel though

Glad you got sorted. I still got nothing as of today but gp called this morning and got jabbed this evening. Its frustrating that Dundalk seems to be left behind in terms of health, I know areas in North West with bigger vaccination centres and half the population, read that Drogheda has an even smaller mvc than dundalk. Other half 42 got done in Helix last sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Very efficient process in Citywest today. Arrived in the carpark at 1345 and left the 15 minute waiting area at 1435; very smooth operation; the vaccinator did say it gets crazy late afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

1st dose moderna 31st May
    2nd dose 28th june(today)
    Age 48
    Tullamore court hotel

Very sore arm,tired a bit achey in the legs and arms and just want to go to bed now,not complaining one bit as I am delighted to have it done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

Apparently the Helix is due to close as a MVC in July sometime
    Luluk wrote: »
    Got my first Pfizer today at The Helix. Was told next dose will be given in Cloghran, near Dublin Airport. I assume they're adding more capacity for the younger groups as I hadn't heard of this centre being used for vaccines before.

Advertisement