Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox C4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

June, of Leon and June fame has passed away. Aged 82,they were always great fun to watch and seemed like lovely people. RIP.

Imagine what Leon would have said about Boris 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Imagine what Leon would have said about Boris 😄

Or Trump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

June, of Leon and June fame has passed away. Aged 82,they were always great fun to watch and seemed like lovely people. RIP.

Reunited with Leon

RIP June

Was it Covid19?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Reunited with Leon

RIP June

Was it Covid19?

Short illness not related to Covid according to c4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Herself and Leon were great

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

OmegaGene wrote: »

Loved them . So sad for their family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭griffin100

Mary’s impression of Kim Jong Un’s sister complete with a Father Ted like Chinese accent at the end was one of the funniest things I’ve seen on Gogglebox ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You could tell how in love they were.
    Very sad.
    Show us your nicks June! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They have had a bit of a clearout on the celeb version and got some new Gogglers in.
    I want to know how Denise Van Outen and her husband have survived the shake up. Will we ever be rid of them? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Acosta

They have had a bit of a clearout on the celeb version and got some new Gogglers in.
    I want to know how Denise Van Outen and her husband have survived the shake up. Will we ever be rid of them? :(

Thought they were fine in it. However I've not watched a lot of it. Prefer the normal Gogglebox. Is Laura Whitmore and her equally unlikeable husband still in it?

• Advertisement

hopefully not, i find them funny

• Registered Users Posts: 28,468 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Delighted to see the back of wannabe Trump, the fairly crazy Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pete McGarry dies aged 71

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pete McGarry dies aged 71

He was a great character on the series and came across as a lovely man, himself and his wife fostered over 100 children which in itself is a great achievement

He was a great character on the series and came across as a lovely man, himself and his wife fostered over 100 children which in itself is a great achievement

I read about that before, sounds like he and his wife are fantastic people.
    RIP Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Acosta wrote: »
    Thought they were fine in it. However I've not watched a lot of it. Prefer the normal Gogglebox. Is Laura Whitmore and her equally unlikeable husband still in it?

Took me a long time to get into the whole idea of Gogglebox but love it now.
    Having said that though, I have no interest in the celeb one at all

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Took me a long time to get into the whole idea of Gogglebox but love it now.
    Having said that though, I have no interest in the celeb one at all

Celeb one is a bit ‘try-hard’ for me… much prefer the normal version, more honest.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some of the celebs are a bit meh, but I'd watch a whole show with just Shaun Ryder/Bez and Mo Gilligan/Babatunde. They're comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Zaph wrote: »
    Some of the celebs are a bit meh, but I'd watch a whole show with just Shaun Ryder/Bez and Mo Gilligan/Babatunde. They're comedy gold.

Actually my only exception is Bez & Shaun Ryder ... I sometimes wonder if they actually relaise they are being filmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mary Cook from Bristol passed away the other day and now Andy Michael's. Very sad. She was 92 but he was only 61

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great to have it back, one of the best shows on TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see Paige and her mum have quit....no big loss tbh

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a37635057/gogglebox-paige-deville-quits-zero-support/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aftercare support lol? What is she on about?

Linked in that article is a couple of deaths though, I didnt know either of these had died:

That guy was a UKIP candidate, I wonder if he was one of those antivax people who end up getting Covid, cant find a cause of death anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You'd have to guess her frequent revealing of her stupidity and ballooning weight over the course of the series probably got her a lot of flack on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭boccy23

Did anyone see the show on Friday night with the piece from Apple TV's Roar about the duck?

Strangest piece of TV i have seen in years. My 2 lads will never be able to feed a duck again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's based from a book by Cecilia Ahern of all people

The duck thing must have been the worst tv ever and to think people were complaining about the dominatrix being on the gogglebox and how it ruined the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭boccy23

The dom thing was strange but we have seen such kind of things on Gogglebox before.

The duck thing however...........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Just a heads up, there’s a Special episode on Channel 4 at 9.00 tonight to mark the show’s 10th anniversary, with some old faces set to return to the couch.

Hard to believe it’s only 10 years, feels longer, when I think back to the conception of the show, when I first heard it, I thought “who’d watch that” 😁

Advertisement