Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭dubal

RobAMerc wrote: »
    are they getting on with the 2nd doses do we know ? I was expecting to get mine this week ( 4 weeks since last shot would be next Tuesday )
    thanks

Yes, mine was 30 days after the first (text received On Tuesday - day 25).

Citywest today was amazing. At a guess I had the vaccine less than 5 minutes after parking the car!

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

RobAMerc wrote: »
    are they getting on with the 2nd doses do we know ? I was expecting to get mine this week ( 4 weeks since last shot would be next Tuesday )
    thanks

I'm 27days after shot 1 today, citywest, and I've heard nothing.

Hopefully this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Call me Al wrote: »

Hopefully this week.

Got txt 28 days after 1st Moderna shot in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Call me Al wrote: »

Hopefully this week.

Exactly the same for wife. Today day 27, citywest and no news...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

South Dublin, 40, tomorrow in UCD (along with my wife and friend same area and age)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

How long does it usually take to get a new second dose appointment if you cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

in2dark wrote: »
    Exactly the same for wife. Today day 27, citywest and no news...

I'm day 25, Citywest and so far nothing. Interestingly my friend was done the same day as me in the same centre and got his text last week for his second shot. A different friend was done two days earlier, also in Citywest and, like me, still hasn't heard anything.

Russman wrote: »
    I'm day 25, Citywest and so far nothing. Interestingly my friend was done the same day as me in the same centre and got his text last week for his second shot. A different friend was done two days earlier, also in Citywest and, like me, still hasn't heard anything.

I thought the period between doses had to to be at least 28 days.

Your friend got that text very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

At least 28 days before the second vaccine. So could be 4-5 days after that even. So wouldn't worry. I am due my second one on the 7th July as that is the 28 days, doesn't mean it will happen on that day though in City West

I thought the period between doses had to to be at least 28 days.

Your friend got that text very early.

I should have been clearer, he got the text last week but his appointment is scheduled for his day 27, this week.

• Advertisement

I should have been clearer, he got the text last week but his appointment is scheduled for his day 27, this week.

No I understood that but I was the one being unclear. I meant he got the appointment message very early.

But isn’t day 27 too early? I thought the earliest it can be given is after 28 days?

I think the earliest possible is 21 days but in practice we're aiming for 28, or as close to that as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My second Pfizer appointment is scheduled 27 days after my first.

Different MVC too - Greystones rather than Aviva, maybe because the new Kilanerin vaccination centre is taking some load for south Wicklow and north Wexford.

Lumen wrote: »
    My second Pfizer appointment is scheduled 27 days after my first.

Different MVC too - Greystones rather than Aviva, maybe because the new Kilanerin vaccination centre is taking some load for south Wicklow and north Wexford.

I also had a different location for my second jab. According to the agent on the HSE helpline it is random.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I'm 27 and got a text from the GP for an appointment this week. Much earlier than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Flying Fox wrote: »
    I think the earliest possible is 21 days but in practice we're aiming for 28, or as close to that as possible.

That’s it. The paperwork given with the vaccine states 3 weeks but they’ve been giving it after a month here, give or take a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    I'm 27 and got a text from the GP for an appointment this week. Much earlier than expected!

Not really early or a surprise though if your GP has taken your name to get one!

I have no idea how GPs are able to prebook and get vaccines delivered for people that are not in a cohort 4/7, over 70 etc, or in the age groups that are open for registration in mvc. There must be absolutely no control over them. These aren't last minute, end of the vial, no one else to vaccinate around them vaccine, this is clearly pre-ordered.

No I understood that but I was the one being unclear. I meant he got the appointment message very early.

But isn’t day 27 too early? I thought the earliest it can be given is after 28 days?

I think (open to correction) that between 21 & 28 is fine. I know my father in his 70s had his second Pfizer after 26 days - the Saturday would have been 4 weeks but he got called for the Thursday, so I guess its ok.

My friend did get the text early though, 6 days in advance. For the first dose, as it happens we were both driving to the same place, and our texts arrived as we pulled up in the car park, with two days notice.

Toulouse wrote: »
    That’s it. The paperwork given with the vaccine states 3 weeks but they’ve been giving it after a month here, give or take a few days.

Is there maximum number of days or weeks in which a person needs to get the second dose?

I had to cancel my appointment for today and the text reply said new appointment “in the coming weeks”.

Is there maximum number of days or weeks in which a person needs to get the second dose?

I had to cancel my appointment for today and the text reply said new appointment “in the coming weeks”.

I think I've read that the guidelines from Pfizer say up to 6 weeks max. Even though the UK stretched it out further back in the springtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

airy fairy wrote: »
    Not really early or a surprise though if your GP has taken your name to get one!

I have no idea how GPs are able to prebook and get vaccines delivered for people that are not in a cohort 4/7, over 70 etc, or in the age groups that are open for registration in mvc. There must be absolutely no control over them. These aren't last minute, end of the vial, no one else to vaccinate around them vaccine, this is clearly pre-ordered.

They are just working through their patients by age. If they are finished with the current cohort why wouldn't they move on to the next one? They've been doing this since the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Registered Sunday 6th, age 40, Meath. Haven't heard anything yet other than there is a backlog and to not bother chasing it (for all the good that appears to do) for another 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    They are just working through their patients by age. If they are finished with the current cohort why wouldn't they move on to the next one? They've been doing this since the beginning.

No. It was clear from the start that GPs were to do over 70s and cohort 4 and 7. That's all.
    Anything extra is for €€€ right now.

I think I've read that the guidelines from Pfizer say up to 6 weeks max. Even though the UK stretched it out further back in the springtime.

I got the Moderna vacccine.

Well I assume they schedule me within the correct timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Non-update update.
    Sat 26th June was 28 days after 1st vaccine.
    1972 North County Dublin Pfizer @ the Helix.
    Nothing on portal(awaiting 2nd appointment) or by text. Just rang helpline and was told no escalation available untll 28 days +5 days. Nothing can be done untill then. Nice enough person on other end of phone, could kind of tell she was fed up giving people bad news/no news.
    Back to waiting I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

airy fairy wrote: »
    No. It was clear from the start that GPs were to do over 70s and cohort 4 and 7. That's all.
    Anything extra is for €€€ right now.

If GPs stop giving jabs it will slow down the vaccine rollout. This means it negatively impacts everyone. Get those jabs into arms by all means possible. Yes it will mean some(some =small numbers) in there 20's and 30' getting done before those in their 40's but that's a minor detail at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

If GPs stop giving jabs it will slow down the vaccine rollout. This means it negatively impacts everyone. Get those jabs into arms by all means possible. Yes it will mean some(some =small numbers) in there 20's and 30' getting done before those in their 40's but that's a minor detail at this stage.

Political pressure should have been put on them. We are at war with the virus.
    The world is at war with the virus. They should have been on standby to be work weekend's. Some of them didn't want to.

Similarly, people should have also been told not to go to your GP unless it is really important. I seriously wonder when you make something free do people just go too quickly and clog up more important services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Going 40,registered the 6th June, Galway , got text a day ago for apt this Tuesday. Wife’s brother in Galway goin on 40, only registered last fri and has apt today … message I’m gettin is that you better off delaying registration as U get it quicker!
    My wife is 36, Galway, registered last fri and offered it this sat coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 johnny1x

if anybody is registered and waiting a text to advise of appointment date/time, i would recommend that you also keep an eye on website as well where you registered.

I was waiting on a text re my 2nd appointment and only by chance checked website on Friday evening to find my appointment was for the following morning, no text received. When i mentioned it out there was told i was the 2nd person who had said it to them that morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 La_Ana

Text received: Today, Monday 28 June
    Appointment: Sunday 4 July
    Vaccine: Moderna

Really impressed with this turnaround.

Advertisement