Advertisement
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

1138139141143144189

Comments



  • PopTarts wrote: »
    Do appointments get sent out over the weekend or will it be Monday now?

    Yes sent out Saturdays and Sundays:)




  • Father just got his text for dose 2 of AZ.

    Tuesday afternoon in Greystones, 8 weeks and 1 day it'll be since the first




  • 39 (40 in a few weeks)
    Registered with the 40 year olds 😂
    Appointment Tuesday 29th June
    Helix
    Pfizer




  • eimaj18 wrote: »
    39 (40 in a few weeks)
    Registered with the 40 year olds ��
    Appointment Tuesday 29th June
    Helix
    Pfizer

    Same.
    I'd basically given up hope of it being next week. Delighted!




  • Age: 39 (born 1982)
    Registered: 20th June
    Appointment: Tuesday 29th of June
    Helix
    Pfizer

    Delighted to get the text.


  • Advertisement


  • My OH, 40 just rang the helpline as she's still waiting (north Kildare). They said tomorrow is 21 days, which she knew but they are also saying that they've added 5 days to everyones 3 week wait window. It is what it is.




  • Age: 39 (1981)
    Registered: June 10th
    Text received: 26th June (today)
    1st Dose: 29th June
    Location: Fingal
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine type: BioNtech-Pfizer




  • Age: 39 (1981)
    Registered: June 10th
    Text received: 26th June (today)
    1st Dose: 29th June
    Location: Fingal
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine type: BioNtech-Pfizer

    Exactly the same for me today




  • Age 38 (1982)
    Registered 20 June
    No text but checked portal 26 June
    Appointment date 30 June
    Helix Pfizer




  • ceegee wrote: »
    If they finished all of each cohort before moving on to the next one you wouldn't even be registered by now, let alone waiting for an appointment.

    We're not talking about registering, referring to vaccinating. You can see in this forum people in 30s around Dublin already getting appointments. For those in 40s still waiting weeks it's difficult to understand this. If you go by age cohort then complete that group first. Wasn't that the point?


  • Advertisement


  • Second dose 3rd july
    Galway racecourse
    Moderna
    Age 46

    28 days from first dose.




  • ray7777 wrote: »
    We're not talking about registering, referring to vaccinating. You can see in this forum people in 30s around Dublin already getting appointments. For those in 40s still waiting weeks it's difficult to understand this. If you go by age cohort then complete that group first. Wasn't that the point?

    Do you think it's feasible for every vaccine centre to start the exact same age group on the exact same day? In spite of local demographics, capacity and supply? Trying to do that would slow down the rollout even further.

    I'm in west Dublin where Citywest has slowed right down compared to other centres (for first doses at least). It's slightly frustrating but doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, we'll get our turn before long.

    Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.




  • Nothing for me. 40, Dublin




  • Flying Fox wrote: »
    Do you think it's feasible for every vaccine centre to start the exact same age group on the exact same day? In spite of local demographics, capacity and supply? Trying to do that would slow down the rollout even further.

    I'm in west Dublin where Citywest has slowed right down compared to other centres (for first doses at least). It's slightly frustrating but doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, we'll get our turn before long.

    Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.[/quo

    Who said closing? I'm referring to allocating those waiting to another MVC as has been done for some. I haven't seen any info stating Dublin MVC are all strict unique separate entities. If you can vaccinate someone from Kildare at Citywest you can vaccinate west Dublin at Helix etc, especially as you say if one becomes a bottleneck. Grand scheme of course we will all get it but that wasn't the point.




  • Anyone get an appointment for citywest next week for 1st dose have to change their day and get a new appointment quickly?
    Or do you think I could go out a few hours earlier and get it without changing the day?




  • ray7777 wrote: »
    Flying Fox wrote: »
    Do you think it's feasible for every vaccine centre to start the exact same age group on the exact same day? In spite of local demographics, capacity and supply? Trying to do that would slow down the rollout even further.

    I'm in west Dublin where Citywest has slowed right down compared to other centres (for first doses at least). It's slightly frustrating but doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, we'll get our turn before long.

    Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.[/quo

    Who said closing? I'm referring to allocating those waiting to another MVC as has been done for some. I haven't seen any info stating Dublin MVC are all strict unique separate entities. If you can vaccinate someone from Kildare at Citywest you can vaccinate west Dublin at Helix etc, especially as you say if one becomes a bottleneck. Grand scheme of course we will all get it but that wasn't the point.

    Doesn't work out that simply. Some folks don't have transport and also in places with one center (like Galway) where would you send them? Athlone?
    It's a really complex issue unfortunately.




  • Anyone get an appointment for citywest next week for 1st dose have to change their day and get a new appointment quickly?
    Or do you think I could go out a few hours earlier and get it without changing the day?

    The recurring advice on here is to show up earlier and you will not be turned away.




  • spockety wrote: »
    The recurring advice on here is to show up earlier and you will not be turned away.

    I may head out at lunch time and hope for the best!




  • Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Nothing for me. 40, Dublin

    It should come soon. reports of new appointments for first doses had been very scarce in Dublin following the decision to bring forward AZ second doses, but clearly it has started to move again in the past 2 or 3 days. The must have mostly covered their backlog.




  • Age 46

    July 3rd Ballybrit second dose Moderna.


  • Advertisement


  • Age 46

    July 3rd Ballybrit second dose Moderna.

    Same age and same appointment day for Ballybritt, exactly 4 weeks since my first dose. Got text at 1.20pm today.




  • HeyV wrote: »
    Same age and same appointment day for Ballybritt, exactly 4 weeks since my first dose. Got text at 1.20pm today.

    Yeah was well impressed to get the text a week before the appointment and exactly a month after the first jab.




  • Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?




  • Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?
    Plenty I'd say depending on where in country.

    Registered last Saturday, text on Tuesday, first shot this morning (Sligo).




  • Basq wrote: »
    Plenty I'd say depending on where in country.

    Registered last Saturday, text on Tuesday, first shot this morning (Sligo).

    I’m in Dublin so imagine it might take that bit longer. Hope I’m wrong




  • 39
    Registered 20th June
    Received notice yesterday for 30th but would be unable to make it so requested reschedule.
    Reschedule received today for the 28th.
    Dublin, Croke Park

    Quite surprised about the quick turnaround given how slow Croke park has been for the 40 year old group.




  • Other half 42 based in Dundalk had jab in Dublin Helix today at 3.15, I'm 40 registered 26 days now and asked if there was a chance of getting done today. Told that any spare vaccines are given out after the last shot at 19:05 so we waited around got food etc and went back to helix at 18:30.

    There was about 25 to 30 people waiting for spares and staff said that after last shot at 19:05 they'd come out and let people know if there was spare, the markee didn't clear till about 19:35 and a while later security just closed the main entrance doors. Bit by bit staff were going home including security and one of the registration staff we recognised, one of the guys also waiting went in through the exit at 20:15 and asked what was happening and all vacinators were gone home.

    Would have been good for some of security staff not to at least come out when the registration staff are gone home and say no hope guys

    Was I just unlucky today or is there some days when a bunch of people without app get vaccinated at end of day?

    It was kinda stupidity on my part not to leave then there was still a pretty full markee at 7pm as staff obviously had a hectic day and want to get home and I'm sure taking an extra 25 ppl in wud be cruel to them if they were delayed past planned working time.

    Wouldn't recommend waiting around to anyone as even if they had 10 spare for example there is no queue system for people waiting so no idea how they wud decide who got picked, was curious to see how that would work.

    Also not sure if true but heard that one of staff said all app from 3 to 7 today were people from louth.




  • Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?

    No offence but you only needed to scroll back one page to see several 30 somethings from Dublin who’ve gotten an appointment for the next few days.




  • Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?

    I’m in that age category and got 7 days notice!


  • Advertisement


  • Mgit wrote: »
    Other half 42 based in Dundalk had jab in Dublin Helix today at 3.15, I'm 40 registered 26 days now and asked if there was a chance of getting done today. Told that any spare vaccines are given out after the last shot at 19:05 so we waited around got food etc and went back to helix at 18:30.

    There was about 25 to 30 people waiting for spares and staff said that after last shot at 19:05 they'd come out and let people know if there was spare, the markee didn't clear till about 19:35 and a while later security just closed the main entrance doors. Bit by bit staff were going home including security and one of the registration staff we recognised, one of the guys also waiting went in through the exit at 20:15 and asked what was happening and all vacinators were gone home.

    Would have been good for some of security staff not to at least come out when the registration staff are gone home and say no hope guys

    Was I just unlucky today or is there some days when a bunch of people without app get vaccinated at end of day?

    It was kinda stupidity on my part not to leave then there was still a pretty full markee at 7pm as staff obviously had a hectic day and want to get home and I'm sure taking an extra 25 ppl in wud be cruel to them if they were delayed past planned working time.

    Wouldn't recommend waiting around to anyone as even if they had 10 spare for example there is no queue system for people waiting so no idea how they wud decide who got picked, was curious to see how that would work.

    Also not sure if true but heard that one of staff said all app from 3 to 7 today were people from louth.

    It’s a roll of the dice, I know someone who got sorted there one night but they had tried 7 times before.


Advertisement