Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I got first dose of pfizer yesterday, arm a bit sore,
    wrecked a bit today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Got my second Moderna at 9 am yesterday morning.

After the first one, I had a sore arm (like I’d got a strong punch) for 3 days, and for the second half of the second day, I felt achy in my joints. But I didn’t need to take anything, I worked and in the evening I just took it easy.

After the second one yesterday, my arm started feeling very sore around lunchtime. By 6 I was tired enough that I couldn’t face cooking dinner. Went to bed at 9.30 feeling cold and achy, and it developed into a full-on fever during the night - temperature, cold sweats, aches, all kinds of crazy and disjointed thoughts.

By this morning the fever was gone but I’m very tired and have a headache that won’t shift (nurofen did nothing and paracetamol helped a bit, but not completely), so I stayed in bed for the day. At this rate, and by what others have said, I should be fine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Yes - J&J
    Got my second Moderna at 9 am yesterday morning.

After the first one, I had a sore arm (like I’d got a strong punch) for 3 days, and for the second half of the second day, I felt achy in my joints. But I didn’t need to take anything, I worked and in the evening I just took it easy.

After the second one yesterday, my arm started feeling very sore around lunchtime. By 6 I was tired enough that I couldn’t face cooking dinner. Went to bed at 9.30 feeling cold and achy, and it developed into a full-on fever during the night - temperature, cold sweats, aches, all kinds of crazy and disjointed thoughts.

By this morning the fever was gone but I’m very tired and have a headache that won’t shift (nurofen did nothing and paracetamol helped a bit, but not completely), so I stayed in bed for the day. At this rate, and by what others have said, I should be fine tomorrow.

Yeah prob - I was sick for a day but woke up the next day feeling ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    My son got a text yesterday giving him an appointment for his second vaccine in Greystones on Monday. He got a later text telling him it had been cancelled.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    DonJose wrote: »
    Has anybody received a text on a weekend about their appointment. I'm due my second Moderna vaccine tomorrow in Athlone, day 28 and aged 48, but I haven't received an appointment as of yet.

Have you looked at the online portal? If you go to https://vaccine.hse.ie/#login and enter your details, it will tell you your current status. If you have an appointment, you will be able to see the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ligind

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday at 6pm .

So far same as first , sore arm today and a somewhat restless sleep last night.

A bit tired today but I had not really slept that well on Thursday night either.

Took paracetamol as a precaution before bed.

Was expecting a heavier hit this time round but so far so good , will update tomorrow if that changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is there a delay in the 2nd Pzifser vaccine? Was told it was 4 weeks, but should have had my second yesterday but have heard nothing.

Checked website but just says awaiting 2nd appointment?

Is it just DCU or is there a delay everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Yes - J&J
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is there a delay in the 2nd Pzifser vaccine? Was told it was 4 weeks, but should have had my second yesterday but have heard nothing.

It was a full calendar month (21 May to 21 June) between my Pfizer jabs at City West. Got the text message on day 28, the day I thought I would actually be getting the second shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Bellie1

Yes - J&J
    Leroy42 wrote: »

In Cork people waiting upto 41 days for 2nd jab.My partner is getting his on day 40

Yes - Moderna first jab
    abff wrote: »
    My son got a text yesterday giving him an appointment for his second vaccine in Greystones on Monday. He got a later text telling him it had been cancelled.

He got a follow up text today to say that his appointment has been rescheduled to next Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Had my 2nd astra dose on Thursday long wait from April 4th but I'm done now so just a couple of weeks and then I'm in the clear.

Good luck to everyone still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes - J&J
    Other half had 2nd AZ yesterday he take an immunosuppressant med and was floored for a couple of weeks after the first dose but although he was tired this afternoon he seems much brighter this evening (he'd be cohort 4)

That's both us fully vaccinated now - it's a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes - J&J
    I'm 28 and got my first Pfizer vaccine on Thursday. No underlying conditions/issues.
    I've an appointment for my second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Yes - J&J
    Had my 2nd vaccine yesterday morning, (51 yrs, Pfizer, Aviva) no adverse side effects. My wife (49) got 2nd vaccine on Friday.

Yes - J&J
    ligind wrote: »
    Second Pfizer yesterday at 6pm .

So far same as first , sore arm today and a somewhat restless sleep last night.

A bit tired today but I had not really slept that well on Thursday night either.

Took paracetamol as a precaution before bed.

Was expecting a heavier hit this time round but so far so good , will update tomorrow if that changes.

Almost 2 days after second Pfizer , arm still a little sore but easing .

Pleasantly surprised , I had been hearing of a lot of people being floored for a few days after second (particularly with moderna).

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Pfizer at 8.30 am. Arm slightly sore. Otherwise grand and better than i have been for a while. I am on antibiotics for cellulitis and had a slight temperature before today.

The -do you have a bleeding disorder? question was a little alarming because I do have a bleeding disorder. No spontaneous hemorrhage so far anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Yes - Moderna first jab
    2nd Pfizer on Friday. Only feeling right this afternoon but still tired. After 12 hours had sore arm, high temperature, aches in joints, skin sore to touch, headache and no energy, swelling to face which subsided after an antihistamine. Day 2 just felt rough but able to function. Tbh, I personally wouldn't take a booster in a few months unless it was mandatory for travel on holiday.. hope everyone's vaccine goes smoothly

Yes - J&J
    2nd Pfizer on Friday. Only feeling right this afternoon but still tired. After 12 hours had sore arm, high temperature, aches in joints, skin sore to touch, headache and no energy, swelling to face which subsided after an antihistamine. Day 2 just felt rough but able to function. Tbh, I personally wouldn't take a booster in a few months unless it was mandatory for travel on holiday.. hope everyone's vaccine goes smoothly

Have been thinking about the prospect of a booster over the last few days and at this point I think I have done my bit.

Requirement for travel might change that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

When people are taking vaccines and contemplating boosters for reasons of personal freedom rather than health there is something not quite right.

Not having a go at you op btw.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    ligind wrote: »
    Have been thinking about the prospect of a booster over the last few days and at this point I think I have done my bit.

Requirement for travel might change that view.

The booster is what is next without a doubt. My immuno response to the 2nd jab was so bad that I was cursing myself for taking it on day 1. I wouldn't do a booster unless absolutely necessary (for travel outside the country) I genuinely feel that I couldn't do post jab symptoms roulette again unless necessary. For context though, I did have the swine flu shot and didn't feel right at all after that, so I'm not an anti vaccer but feel that boosters every 6 months will elevate risk

• Advertisement

Yes - Moderna first jab
    When people are taking vaccines and contemplating boosters for reasons of personal freedom rather than health there is something not quite right.

Not having a go at you op btw.

In fairness I felt so bad that I immediately thought if I had to do this every few months, I couldn't. And because I work hard and love a holiday, it's the only scenario in which I would take a booster. I got my vaccine to benefit my and public health but know that with extra variants we will be asked to take boosters. Perhaps the government should be swiftly concertrating its efforts at vaccinating the younger with the j&j.
    Either way, I'm feeling pessimistic that we are anywhere near the end... give me a hug, I'm exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

8 days after my first Moderna dose I have developed a delayed side effect that the internet has dubbed "Covid arm" - I have a large red rash round the injection site. According to the articles I've read it should go away in a few days. It was quite itchy yesterday, but it's ok today - still red though. Anyone know of you're supposed to report side effects somewhere? I was going to call my GP, but I don't fancy paying 50 euro to be told it'll go away by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Space Dog wrote: »
    8 days after my first Moderna dose I have developed a delayed side effect that the internet has dubbed "Covid arm" - I have a large red rash round the injection site. According to the articles I've read it should go away in a few days. It was quite itchy yesterday, but it's ok today - still red though. Anyone know of you're supposed to report side effects somewhere? I was going to call my GP, but I don't fancy paying 50 euro to be told it'll go away by itself.

After my first Moderna I just had a sore arm for about 3 days. I got my 2nd dose last week exactly 28 days after the 1st. My arm seemed to get sore more quickly than the previous time but it didn't last. 2 days after the vaccine I noticed a large red patch covering the top half of my arm. I didn't feel it, just saw it when I took my top off. It got really red the next day but still not painful.. Bit hot to the touch was the only noticeable thing. I had read that this had been noticed in the USA with moderna and all the stuff online said it was annoying but not harmful. I happened to be in a chemist the day it was really red and asked what I should do. They said just to take paracetamol (which would cool it) or maybe an antihistamine if it got itchy. They also advised putting something cold (like a packet of peas) on it and to contact my GP if it got worse. Took paracetamol and applied peas... Next day it had totally calmed down and it is now virtually gone. You can make a report on the HPRA website if you want but there are a lot of questions including how long the effects lasted. I didn't bother cos it hadn't gone at the time I was looking at the website

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Rket4000 wrote: »
    After my first Moderna I just had a sore arm for about 3 days. I got my 2nd dose last week exactly 28 days after the 1st. My arm seemed to get sore more quickly than the previous time but it didn't last. 2 days after the vaccine I noticed a large red patch covering the top half of my arm. I didn't feel it, just saw it when I took my top off. It got really red the next day but still not painful.. Bit hot to the touch was the only noticeable thing. I had read that this had been noticed in the USA with moderna and all the stuff online said it was annoying but not harmful. I happened to be in a chemist the day it was really red and asked what I should do. They said just to take paracetamol (which would cool it) or maybe an antihistamine if it got itchy. They also advised putting something cold (like a packet of peas) on it and to contact my GP if it got worse. Took paracetamol and applied peas... Next day it had totally calmed down and it is now virtually gone. You can make a report on the HPRA website if you want but there are a lot of questions including how long the effects lasted. I didn't bother cos it hadn't gone at the time I was looking at the website

Cool, thanks! I put an ice pack on it for a while yesterday, will do it again later then. Hadn't thought about paracetamol!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9733211/Pfizer-Moderna-COVID-19-vaccines-provide-protection-against-virus-years-study-finds.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-top

Booster may not be required. It seems from posters here 2nd mRNA dose can have worse side effects than 1st dose. I'm now dreading 2nd dose. My 1st Moderna was a breeze...

Moderna has the last serious adverse reactions according to the clinical guidance booklet issued by HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yes - J&J
    Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9733211/Pfizer-Moderna-COVID-19-vaccines-provide-protection-against-virus-years-study-finds.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-top

Booster may not be required. It seems from posters here 2nd mRNA dose can have worse side effects than 1st dose. I'm now dreading 2nd dose. My 1st Moderna was a breeze...

Moderna has the last serious adverse reactions according to the clinical guidance booklet issued by HSE.

I found the first mRNA harder to take than the 2nd (and it wasn't too bad) - I was just really tired after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yes - J&J
    Is it common to get different MVCs for each dose? My mother got an appointment to citywest. Previous one was Helix. Can this be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got 1st dose of Pfizer today in City Hall, Cork City - in and out within half an hour - seamless and efficient - delighted! No side effects as yet…although it is just over two hours since I got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Yes - J&J
    I got the first Pfizer vaccine, tiredness, headache and nausea were my only symptom. And a very sore arm. Has anyone got their vaccine in their dominant arm. My dominant arm is the right and I got jabbed in the left. But I sleep better on my left side than I do on my right, so didn't sleep too well last night. I love my sleep, so thinking of getting the second dose in my right arm.

Advertisement