Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It should be earlier. They’re being cautious with predictions.

Better to under promise and over deliver the over promise and under deliver and all that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Eod100 wrote: »
    Better to under promise and over deliver the over promise and under deliver and all that!

Just ask Boris ha. Hopefully ill be able to register in the next week or two as im under 35 group so should be will done for EP rolls around

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Stillill42 wrote: »
    God bless you Tony. I'm taking that as a yes. Cut to Pixies, main stage Saturday night....'Hello DUBLIN!!!! This is a song about a superhero named Tony. It's called TONY'S THEME!!!!" Holohan enters stage left, in a cape. Place goes ballistic. Rubick starts crying.

Back to this post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

That's a significant portion of the population and end of August is very close to (or beyond) the 80% herd immunity we crave.

no........according to reuters we're currently at 33%, a week ago RTE said 4/10 have had one dose and 2/10 have had two, so we're a good bit away from that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

no........according to reuters we're currently at 33%, a week ago RTE said 4/10 have had one dose and 2/10 have had two, so we're a good bit away from that unfortunately.

According to your stats there, assuming the sources are correct, that's a 13% increase in fully vaccinated people in a week. If we were to take a linear approach, we're on for over 100% fully vaccinated by end of August :D

• Advertisement

According to your stats there, assuming the sources are correct, that's a 13% increase in fully vaccinated people in a week. If we were to take a linear approach, we're on for over 100% fully vaccinated by end of August :D

well theyre two different sources, so thats no what i was suggesting, just pointing out that we're most likely somewhere between 30-40% vaccinated. also it most likely wont be a linear increase due to population structure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I assume that's total population?

For adults, it's more than 61%, 31% now.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40316804.html
    Fri, 18 Jun, 2021 - 08:57
    More than 58,000 Covid-19 vaccines were administered in Ireland yesterday — the highest amount given out on any one day of the rollout so far.

In a tweet, HSE chief executive Paul Reid said the figure was "good news for Friday".

Mr Reid also said the HSE was now on course to deliver up to 330,000 vaccines this week — more than have been administered during any other week of the vaccine rollout.

According to the latest statistics, roughly 61% of the adult population has now received a first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and 31% is fully vaccinated.

I assume that's total population?

your assumption is correct as total population is what matters for herd immunity

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see truck festival and kendal calling have had to cancel again this year due to the change of dates to reopen the country

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Reuters doesn't discriminate between first and second doses or the one-shot J&J vaccine but instead divides the total vaccines by two. Their current figure of 3.2m is off by at least 300k.

The RTE figures are off so I assume you've misheard. As of last Friday more than 60% of the population had received the first dose and 31% were fully vaccinated.

At the current rate of 320k/340k (and rising) jabs a week we are getting very close to herd immunity. Be aware also that since yesterday pharmacies are participating in the process, particularly with the J&J shots. Things are going pretty well, we remain cautious, but the country is in a very good position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

I see truck festival and kendal calling have had to cancel again this year due to the change of dates to reopen the country

The delay from easing of restrictions was bound to affect some events alright. Probably a mistake by the UK government to have a date in June nailed on too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Reuters doesn't discriminate between first and second doses or the one-shot J&J vaccine but instead divides the total vaccines by two. Their current figure of 3.2m is off by at least 300k.

The RTE figures are off so I assume you've misheard. As of last Friday more than 60% of the population had received the first dose and 31% were fully vaccinated.

At the current rate of 320k/340k (and rising) jabs a week we are getting very close to herd immunity. Be aware also that since yesterday pharmacies are participating in the process, particularly with the J&J shots. Things are going pretty well, we remain cautious, but the country is in a very good position.

The issue we are about to run into is that the number is going to go back down as we rely on Pfzifer and Moderna only for the remaining people. They reckon we'll go back to around 200 to 250k mark per week.

EP should happen anyway though. Test for unvaccinated, warm cans for everyone else.

The issue we are about to run into is that the number is going to go back down as we rely on Pfzifer and Moderna only for the remaining people. They reckon we'll go back to around 200 to 250k mark per week.

EP should happen anyway though. Test for unvaccinated, warm cans for everyone else.

J&J being used for any unvaccinated over-50s. Could later be used for forty-somethings and others if licencing changes.

Astra Zeneca second doses also being used earlier than planned.

Add those to the 200k/250k Moderna and Pfizer. And those figures may be underestimated if the supply lines are good. The capacity is certainly there at the vaccination centres to do much more than is being done at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mucker46 wrote: »

1 metre social distancing is not going to happen, lets face it. Walking around staying 1 metre from everybody is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

1 metre social distancing is not going to happen, lets face it. Walking around staying 1 metre from everybody is silly.

We could make hula hoops compulsory and anyone caught not moving their hips and keeping them up gets evicted immediately

everlast75 wrote: »
    We could make hula hoops compulsory and anyone caught not moving their hips and keeping them up gets evicted immediately

.......have you seen the lineup? be empty within minutes

Denise Chaila is pretty decent, supposedly great live. I've also got a soft spot for Sharon Shannon since her Waterboys days and she's been excellent anytime I've seen her live. Otherwise I'm in full agreement.

Denise Chaila is pretty decent, supposedly great live.

ive heard good things but i cant get past her song that was on the littlewoods ad, absolute toss altogether which has probably put me off for life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭rubick

Marginally stronger line-up than Van Morrison b2b with Ian Paisley Junior.
    Didn't even play the hits.

• Advertisement

ive heard good things but i cant get past her song that was on the littlewoods ad, absolute toss altogether which has probably put me off for life

😂Good track I think but I can see how a Littlewoods ad could ruin anything.

rubick wrote: »
    Marginally stronger line-up than Van Morrison b2b with Ian Paisley Junior.
    Didn't even play the hits.

Van put his name in the hat for the DUP run-off yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭rubick

Van put his name in the hat for the DUP run-off yet?

I think even Van can see from whatever plane of reality he nominally functions on that the DUP's days are coming to a close. Sure Fine Gael are sending scouts north, as if things weren't bad enough!

Well it's something I guess, with antigen testing this time too. Not the most awful lineup (bar the headliner of course). I wonder is the timing of this on purpose with the musicians protest due to happen tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I may be suffering from concussion, but do we have a lineup?

everlast75 wrote: »
    I may be suffering from concussion, but do we have a lineup?
    i meant for the test event sorry
    😂Good track I think but I can see how a Littlewoods ad could ruin anything.
    i think its awful to be honest. lyrically its cringe and that false skipping/looping of the music track is terrible (all just imo of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Denise Chaila is pretty decent, supposedly great live. I've also got a soft spot for Sharon Shannon since her Waterboys days and she's been excellent anytime I've seen her live. Otherwise I'm in full agreement.

Have to give Denise a push, last gig I was at before lockdown 2 kicked in and it was brilliant, it's not just her, the 2 guys with her are excellent, well worth catching if you've even a passing interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Why do the 2 Johnnie's have to 'host' this gig? Lineup is pretty decent otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Poorside wrote: »
    Why do the 2 Johnnie's have to 'host' this gig? Lineup is pretty decent otherwise.

There was a time on another thread last year where I stated that I would go see the 2 johnnies if I meant I could go to a concert

I wasn’t in my right sane (ish) mind at the time and I’d like to retract that statement and move on

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    There was a time on another thread last year where I stated that I would go see the 2 johnnies if I meant I could go to a concert

I wasn’t in my right sane (ish) mind at the time and I’d like to retract that statement and move on

Ah now, can't be retracing it now! You better be in the front row!

Advertisement