Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

These Charming Men, 6pm Friday 24th September at the Salty Dog, according to Tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

rubick wrote: »
    These Charming Men, 6pm Friday 24th September at the Salty Dog, according to Tradition.

Has a more beautiful sentence been written in the annals of mankind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Has a more beautiful sentence been written in the annals of mankind?

no, that honour still falls to "ride me sideways"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Context is everything, Scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

A huge % of attendees will be fully vaccinated so they shouldn't have to do any test so the Q will just be for unvaccinated people so won't be as long.

There have been thousands of big events all over the world so we just copy best practice.

Yes, they will,
    vacinated, does not = “i can’t get covid”,
    not only can you get it when vaccinated, you can spread it as well. Vacinated just means, if you get it ,symptoms are much less likely to be serious and life threatening.

A negative test within a certain timeframe of entry, has been standard at all test events, and i can’t see that changing for this.

Allthough it will be some logistical challenge to do that at EP. One idea is to stagger entry on Friday, but even thats very tricky to do in practice. Thursday early entry ticket arrivals should be fine though- thank god i have these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

fafy wrote: »
    Yes, they will,
    not only can you get it when vaccinated, you can spread it as well. Vacinated just means, if you get it ,symptoms are much less likely to be serious and life threatening.

A negative test within a certain timeframe of entry, has been standard at all test events, and i can’t see that changing for this.

Allthough it will be some logistical challenge to do that at EP. One idea is to stagger entry on Friday, but even thats very tricky to do in practice. Thursday early entry ticket arrivals should be fine though- thank god i have these.

How are people still saying this???

All of the more recent research is showing this is rubbish.

If you get it - you won't know
    If you spread it - the vaccinated person you 'spread' it to wont know either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yes, they will,

While vaccinated people can get infected (although the probability of this is much lower) the general consensus is that the load is very low and therefore the ability to spread is greatly reduced.

How are people still saying this???

All of the more recent research is showing this is rubbish.

If you get it - you won't know
    If you spread it - the vaccinated person you 'spread' it to wont know either.

You have been misinformed.

I know some people vaccinated, who picked it up, so it does happen, was picked up on a random employer test, many examples of this
    Is it less likely- Yes. Is it impossible - No.

There will be negative test certification required at EP= So they will know, in terms of, 24 hours ago (or a similar short timeframe)that person was negative. Its all about minimising risk, its impossible to fully eliminate the risk. Its not perfect, but for a close quarter event like EP, its government policy to minimise risk, wether we like it or not.

I’m not saying i agree with this approach, just that this is the reality of current government policy

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

Just got this email

You have been misinformed.

I know some people vaccinated, who picked it up, so it does happen, was picked up on a random employer test, many examples of this
    Is it less likely- Yes. Is it impossible - No.

There will be negative test certification required at EP= So they will know, in terms of, 24 hours ago (or a similar short timeframe)that person was negative. Its all about minimising risk, its impossible to fully eliminate the risk. Its not perfect, but for a close quarter event like EP, its government policy to minimise risk, wether we like it or not.

I’m not saying i agree with this approach, just that this is the reality of current government policy

There won't be tests for vaccinated people. That is just silly. Vaccinating people is minimising the risk. Thats the fecking point. Otherwise we will be testing for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

There won't be tests for vaccinated people. That is just silly. Vaccinating people is minimising the risk. Thats the fecking point. Otherwise we will be testing for decades.
    There most likely will be tests for vaccinated people. Its not silly at all. Yes vaccinating people is about minimizing risk and the testing will also help minimize risk and no we wont be testing for decades

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

dmn22 wrote: »
    Just got this email

I'd imagine, as I described earlier, people will get these types of emails, since as a result of the date being changed within the BandsinTown "app", it will appear that the band has a new date. I believe it's just a software process. The list of artistes for this event has not been updated since March 2020. The date now has, so it looks like "time" to issue a new post to people that are interested.
    Any chance you're "following" Foals from within BandsinTown?

Now, if Foals had it on their website, that would be something...

Fully Agree, it could be just a short term thing, but its certainly, government thinking right now. When we go over 80 %+ of adults vaccinated that thinking is likely to change.

There most likely will be tests for vaccinated people. Its not silly at all. Yes vaccinating people is about minimizing risk and the testing will also help minimize risk and no we wont be testing for decades

So when do you stop then? When we have zero cases globally? You can't take a zero risk approach, because you never get to zero. So at what point is the minimised risk sufficient? Some arbitrary decision when cases are below 2 a week? This kind of hyper caution bullsh1t just gets on my t1ts.

And where is it stated that vaccinated people need testing for live events? Are you guys just guessing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fully Agree, it could be just a short term thing, but its certainly, government thinking right now. When we go over 80 %+ of adults vaccinated that thinking is likely to change.

But we probably will have that figure by the end of September, so there won't be a need to test vaccinated people, the vaccines clearly work, we just have 18 people in ICU. That figure will be single digits very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So when do you stop then? When we have zero cases globally? You can't take a zero risk approach, because you never get to zero. So at what point is the minimised risk sufficient? Some arbitrary decision when cases are below 2 a week? This kind of hyper caution bullsh1t just gets on my t1ts.

And where is it stated that vaccinated people need testing for live events? Are you guys just guessing or what?

I agree, one of the points made when vaccinations were starting was that vaccinated people were a less serious risk to being hospitalised and that they were also much less contagious than unvaccinated.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Time to move on to live music & EP topics , we’ve all had an information overload of Covid & testing over the last year, and we need a break from it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ya always have to bring Wordsworth into this Scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Mucker46

If you dont camp will you need to produce a test result each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Excited to see this today. We getting ready. Very apprehensive

• Advertisement

We stop when there has been several large scale events that dont have cases, when more people have been vacc'd.
    While you cant have a zero risk approach you cant just go back to what is what before as its a completely new environment.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    If you dont camp will you need to produce a test result each day?

Yes, on arrival and departure. And as you're of Limerick origin you should expect your documentation to be given no credence.

In truth I'd assume one test result is enough. There will be people regularly going out to the village, cars, accommodation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Temperatures!!
    Oak Park is the closest met station to Stradbally.

Bottom of the two graphs LTA is long term average, I'm talking the blue/low as night and red/high as day?

Its about 1.5 to 2 degrees colder night vs normal.
    And around 3 degrees colder during day. Gulp....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yes, on arrival and departure. And if of Limerick origin you should expect your documentation to be given no credence.

In truth I'd assume one test result is enough. There will be people regularly going out to the village, cars, accommodation, etc.

I hope your not on the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ya always have to bring Wordsworth into this Scruff.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host, of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
    Like the durty whores that they are.

We stop when there has been several large scale events that dont have cases, when more people have been vacc'd.
    While you cant have a zero risk approach you cant just go back to what is what before as its a completely new environment.

Impressive that you have such insight and such confidence in your opinion. Nobody was suggesting we go back to normal just that vaccinated people do not need to be tested. I stand by that

Impressive that you have such insight and such confidence in your opinion. Nobody was suggesting we go back to normal just that vaccinated people do not need to be tested. I stand by that

Yet several docs, health officials have said and its been proven you can still get covid even if fully vaccinated

Yet several docs, health officials have said and its been proven you can still get covid even if fully vaccinated

Yes. Everybody knows that. That's what the efficacy number is.

The chances are very slight in comparison to the unvaccinated. And given the rollout there may be herd immunity in place by late September. 61% with one dose and 31% fully vaccinated from figures released on Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Anyone have any idea how to get an early access ticket for the Thursday night?

Have had a look on ticket master but no sign, getting PreTSD thinking about the ques on the Friday if we have to get tested on entry.

Advertisement