Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 US OPEN Torrey Pines, LA JOLLA, Calif

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Huh?? Literally 5-10 yards off line. He just made about 4 5-10 footers in a row.

Probably over now but can still make a miraculous par.

It would appear that any golfer that doesnt win every single Major is a bottler these days :D

The most over used and miss used word in golf/sport.

I saw someone here earlier calling Koepka a bottler, I mean seriously you couldnt make it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

in the rough. good man Louis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

He’s not going to get an eagle from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pogue eile wrote: »
    It would appear that any golfer that doesnt win every single Major is a bottler these days :D

The most over used and miss used word in golf/sport.

I saw someone here earlier calling Koepka a bottler, I mean seriously you couldnt make it up :D

149 bottlers every single week on tour. It’s laughable, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

fullstop wrote: »

Just following your lead ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116862041&postcount=459

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »

That’s not tragic at all searching through my post history :rolleyes:

Glad you got one hit though.

And FWIW Xander should have a couple of majors by now but for his falling away on Sunday...didn’t make that call on 1 shot he missed the fairway by 10 yards...he had just made triple on the 70th hole of the masters to lose the tournament after flat out duff into the water...Louis needed to take the tighter line to try to make birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

louis consistently doesn't win when contending. whats a better term?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That’s not tragic at all searching through my post history :rolleyes:

Glad you got one hit though

The people doing the moralising are likely a massive hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

louis consistently doesn't win when contending. whats a better term?

I already acknowledged that fact on either this thread or the McIlroy one earlier, but missing that 17th fairway by a few yards is hardly bottling?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I already acknowledged that fact on either this thread or the McIlroy one earlier, but missing that 17th fairway by a few yards is hardly bottling?!

no but i think bottling is used in more general term than its literal meaning

you see a lot of players dont have the balls at the business end for one reason or another.

schauffle always at it. as is louis. mcilroy as well seems to reverse into a top 10. casey another who looks good and then just cant get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

692_300x300_Front_Color-White.jpg?Size=NA&AttributeValue=NA&c=True&region={%22name%22:%22FrontCenter%22,%22width%22:0.6156969,%22height%22:0.46666667,%22alignment%22:%22MiddleCenter%22,%22orientation%22:0,%22dpi%22:300,%22crop_x%22:0,%22crop_y%22:0,%22crop_h%22:140,%22crop_w%22:185,%22scale%22:0.19,%22template%22:{%22id%22:71213915,%22params%22:{}}}&cid=5h3Kpw1KSvzNReZMZtyJ+Q==%20||%20yIN29Wrj1Gt5lheEU923Zw==

no but i think bottling is used in more general term than its literal meaning

you see a lot of players dont have the balls at the business end for one reason or another.

schauffle always at it. as is louis. mcilroy as well seems to reverse into a top 10. casey another who looks good and then just cant get it done.

It absolutely is, which was my point.

A tee shot 10 or 15 yards offline on the 71st hole does not make you a bottler. Louis has history not getting it done, but he bounced back well today after a slow start, he just got steamrolled by that finish from Rahm.

And yes, Xander does seem to be always at it. All the talent in the world, but can’t get it going on the final round of a major. Still think he’ll win one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great for Rahm.

If a Paddy isn't going to take home these things, I'm well glad it's a European and good man. Can't wait to see him in the Olympics and the Ryder Cup in the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Oosthuizen missed one put that cost him. Fair play to Rahm for that birdie on 17. Great finish to a good weekend of golf

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Delighted for Rahm. Won't be his last major either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Realistically Louis had to try and go for it in the last hole with that shot but then decided to lay up for some reason. Great for Rahm after the disappointment. Maybe sometimes Karma does come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Surely Louis had to go for it on the second shot at 18?... shot to nothing really.

What load of effin boll1x is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Definitely the most awkward US Open presentation since that lad dressed as a bird jumped in front of Webb Simpson

• Advertisement

Well, I just can't take any more of this freedom, time for bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Well done Jon Rahm, especially after what happened at Memorial he deserved that.

Half the course can feel they threw that away but Morikawa's putting today was so so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Rahm could have been vaccinated months ago. Absolute retard and the way they're painting that on tv only adds on to golf's out of touch image.

The two old dudes no one knows announcing fighter jets no one saw fit the bill pretty well...

*Leaving post unedited as an example of what we don't want here, this is neither the Covid Forum or a place allowing personal insults*

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That Presentation was right cringe.

Rahms speech was good though.. showed class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was there any more on the magical free drop that Rahm got?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Was there any more on the magical free drop that Rahm got?

As explained when you asked earlier.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/golf.com/news/jon-rahm-controversial-us-open-drop-surprise/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That break on 9 was the winning of the tournament. Bizarre though when the officials were all pointing that it was in the backyard of someone's house to it magically appearing 5 yards in bounds and a clear shot to the fairway. Commentators seemed to have no idea whether it was there naturally or he had taken a drop. Just seemed right fishy.

But you cant argue his ability to make massive putts when he needs to

Rikand wrote: »
    That break on 9 was the winning of the tournament. Bizarre though when the officials were all pointing that it was in the backyard of someone's house to it magically appearing 5 yards in bounds and a clear shot to the fairway. Commentators seemed to have no idea whether it was there naturally or he had taken a drop. Just seemed right fishy.

But you cant argue his ability to make massive putts when he needs to

The commentators explained it just after he took his shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really enjoyed the tournament even though I’m not a massive Torrey Pines fan.

Leaderboard quality for the whole thing at the top was top class and there was a few good stories along the way in it.

Roll on The Open!

• Advertisement

Not the quality finish that was expected given the leaderboard after 9 holes.

Rahm looked seriously hefty for a young man trundling around the course there. Must have really hit the Oreos during his self-inflicted covid quarantine.

Would have liked to see Louis take it but he has a long history of second places in big events.

Seemed strange not to try to give himself a chance on the last even if it may have been outside the normal range on that one shot.

Advertisement