Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2021 US OPEN Torrey Pines, LA JOLLA, Calif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I reckon Louis wins tomorrow. I hope so too as I think he deserves a second major

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,941 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brooks encouraging fans to heckle a fellow pro is really bad form.
    DeChambeau is a clown, plain and simple. From thumping his putter hard on greens when he misses a putt to disrespecting some of the legends of the game by berating their courses during a round to being brutally slow.
    He disrespected Brooks so he's fair game for it.
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I reckon Louis wins tomorrow. I hope so too as I think he deserves a second major

I’m kicking myself that I didn’t pick him at the start!
    His final round at the PGA put me off.

But he looks allot more comfortable here.
    Should be a great final round.

eagle eye wrote: »
    DeChambeau is a clown, plain and simple. From thumping his putter hard on greens when he misses a putt to disrespecting some of the legends of the game by berating their courses during a round to being brutally slow.
    He disrespected Brooks so he's fair game for it.
    B

It’s opening a Pandora’s box encouraging heckling a professional on the course. You could have fans trying to put him off in the middle of his swing.

Brooks tough guy too cool for school act is a bit pathetic at this stage too.

If they don’t like each other maybe they could organise a charity boxing match or something.

It’s opening a Pandora’s box encouraging heckling a professional on the course. You could have fans trying to put him off in the middle of his swing.
    It's very minor stuff, hardly worthy of the name heckling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Yes another opportunity for Bryson to walk past a Brooks interview. All looking staged at this stage and good for the social media hits and generating a rivalry for bigger TV viewership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah Bryson is an absolute lurk really. Bit of a big headed dick smarty than everybody nerd vibe off him.

Brooks went a little too far but hopefully the rivalry continues anyway.

Back to the action. According to data golf; the percentage chance of a person winning are;
    Louis 24
    Henley 14.5
    Hughes 12.4
    Bryson 12.1
    Rory 10.4
    Rahm 6.9
    Scheffler 3.2
    Wolff 2.0
    Xander 3.6
    Morikawa 2.5
    Johnson 2.2
    Koepka .9
    Thomas .9

Realistically the winner will come from the names above and I can see unless the wind picks up that the winning score will be 6 under.

Don’t have much confidence in the top trio to actually win. Louis has been runner up so many times and has yet to win in the US. Hughes and Henley haven’t won in over 4 years so the pressure must be weighing in them. In saying that the likely of shooting a big number isn’t massive at this course. It’s more a gradual drop such as Bland yesterday.

I think the winner will come from rory, Bryson or Rahm. Hopefully not Bryson anyway. Think one of them will shoot 68 or 67 and win it.

Preference to win is Rory, Louis followed by Rahm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cant see Louis getting it done, seems to fade in Rd 4 too often when in with a chance. Reckon the winner comes from those on 2 and 3 under. My preference is for Rahm but I wouldn't mind if Bryson successfully defended.

• Advertisement

Ah Bryson is an absolute lurk really. Bit of a big headed dick smarty than everybody nerd vibe off him.

Brooks went a little too far but hopefully the rivalry continues anyway.

Back to the action. According to data golf; the percentage chance of a person winning are;
    Louis 24
    Henley 14.5
    Hughes 12.4
    Bryson 12.1
    Rory 10.4
    Rahm 6.9
    Scheffler 3.2
    Wolff 2.0
    Xander 3.6
    Morikawa 2.5
    Johnson 2.2
    Koepka .9
    Thomas .9

Realistically the winner will come from the names above and I can see unless the wind picks up that the winning score will be 6 under.

Don’t have much confidence in the top trio to actually win. Louis has been runner up so many times and has yet to win in the US. Hughes and Henley haven’t won in over 4 years so the pressure must be weighing in them. In saying that the likely of shooting a big number isn’t massive at this course. It’s more a gradual drop such as Bland yesterday.

I think the winner will come from rory, Bryson or Rahm. Hopefully not Bryson anyway. Think one of them will shoot 68 or 67 and win it.

Preference to win is Rory, Louis followed by Rahm.

Surprised Louis is such a favourite considering his bridemaid career on the PGA tour. US open app has him at 32.9%

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Last 22 winners were no further than 4 back in the final round so looks too much for the likes JT and brooksie although I'd expect one of them to go low.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Perfect start from Xander. If he gets some putts he could be very dangerous.

Unreal start from Rahmbo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭vandriver

That's an awful t-shirt Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Would be great if Rory doesn't capitulate mentally.

• Advertisement

Rahmbo has the putter working early after a poor day testerday

That chip from Rahm. Wow

Massive par save. Could and should have been worse really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The spectators are obnoxious with their shouting immediately after a player has taken a shot.

This is getting very good already and not even into the back 9 yet. The chasing pack are gathering.

Rahm, Johnson, Brooks, morikawa, Thomas, Xander, Bryson and Rory all within 3 of the lead!!

This is as good as a leaderboard as you can ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

sligeach wrote: »
    The spectators are obnoxious with their shouting immediately after a player has taken a shot.

I generally don't get too annoyed by it but the morons screaming baba booey do my head in, it's so bloody stupid.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that’s some snap hook from JT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rory makes his move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some putt !

Just imagine a Brooks versus Bryson playoff!!!

Rory makes his move.

Rory missed an easyish birdie on 2, then gets a very difficult one on 4. -4.

Bye bye Thomas

Morikawa spends forever over his putts. He is the best player tee to green on tour I’d say.

"Get in the hole" shouted some muppet as Oosthuizen teed off on the par 4 4th.

sligeach wrote: »
    "Get in the hole" shouted some muppet as Oosthuizen teed off on the par 4 4th.

A lot of random stuff being shouted

That was so close to a birdie for Rory. Terrific effort from the edge of the green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

Is that Colin Byrne on Oosthuizen's bag

Migliozzi keeps holding from off the green !

Is that Colin Byrne on Oosthuizen's bag

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Any American (because it's usually them) that shouts "get in the hole" should be removed and banned for life from every golf course. Its so annoying.

Morikawas putting holds him back so much.

If morikawa could putt..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That was some miss by Morikawa. Felt like a gimme.

Henley bottling it as well, makes bogey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Kind of leaderboard I've been waiting for - for a while.

Any American (because it's usually them) that shouts "get in the hole" should be removed and banned for life from every golf course. Its so annoying.
    Anyone who says ooh when a putt is a foot wide of the hole should be banned for life imo, it's very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Gerry T

Don't have sky so watching on the us open web site. An hr now and they haven't shown one rory shot, leader board just popped up and rory in the lead, this is painful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Baba Booey and the likes, tw@ts

Gerry T wrote: »
    Don't have sky so watching on the us open web site. An hr now and they haven't shown one rory shot, leader board just popped up and rory in the lead, this is painful

I could be just unlucky with what I have seen - but considering Rory is in the lead - he is fairly low profile in coverage - is biggest story in a while.

I'd say they are still showing every shot in fairness ?

Gerry T wrote: »

Download the app, has most of his shots.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What a shot.

Anybody but Bryson. An absolute lurk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I could be just unlucky with what I have seen - but considering Rory is in the lead - he is fairly low profile in coverage - is biggest story in a while.

I'd say they are still showing every shot in fairness ?

He's certainly not the centre of the coverage. I'd be expecting to see every shot of his, but there's a lot going on to be fair

FFS Rory. He has to make those putts.

Bad miss Rory

Henley can probably be wrote off at this stage for the victory.

What a huge mistake by Rahm now.

Edit: massive break for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement