Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone know if the vaccine centre is open in Fairyhouse racecourse yet?
    The signs are up but it's hard to see when driving by if it's actually open yet.
    My first dose is for Navan this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭maik3n

ongarite wrote: »
    Anyone know if the vaccine centre is open on Fairyhouse racecourse yet?
    The sings are up but it's hard to see when driving by if it's act open yet.
    Yes, she's open.
    Started vaccinating on Monday June 14th.

Large power cut in Ratoath?
    All gone dark here with alarms going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Anyone know if the vaccine centre is open in Fairyhouse racecourse yet?
    The signs are up but it's hard to see when driving by if it's actually open yet.

I'm guessing that Simonstown GAA Club, I don't think you'll be able to change vaccine centre now, that you have an appointment.

Don't go to Simonstown hurgry!!!! I got my first dose earlier this month, not sure if times have improved, but I queued for over an hour, appointment was at 17:55, I turned up at 17:40 - got the jab at 18:43. You'll have to wait in an "Observation Area" for an added 15 minutes after jab, walked out the door at 18:58.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Don't go to Simonstown hurgry!!!! I got my first dose earlier this month, not sure if times have improved, but I queued for over an hour, appointment was at 17:55, I turned up at 17:40 - got the jab at 18:43. You'll have to wait in an "Observation Area" for an added 15 minutes after jab, walked out the door at 18:58.
    Mine was at 01/06 and was the same time. A bit over an hour from when I left the car, until I got back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

Wizard! wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect many new businesses to open during a period that most of them are not allowed to open... :rolleyes:

I was primarily referencing the zoning of areas in the town centre, purely for residential purposes. These are areas which will be needed for retail, restaurants and other businesses down the line but are now taken out of the market.

Exile59 wrote: »
    I was primarily referencing the zoning of areas in the town centre, purely for residential purposes. These are areas which will be needed for retail, restaurants and other businesses down the line but are now taken out of the market.

There is a retail unit proposed as part of the new development across from the Arch Bar! There's also a lot of retail units proposed for centre of the Willows in the coming years - which I don't agree with, that's a recipes to kill the village.

I do take your point, there was many retail units converted to residential near Apache Pizza in the last few years, but only because no one used them as shop units.

We don't want the village to have no shops or end up like polo mint, we now have a butchers and a take away in the business Park. Are the rents that high in the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Are the rents that high in the village?
    Can't tell about store rents, but the houses have gone up.
    A year ago, before the pandemic, you could found a decent 3-bed house around 1200 euros. Now, some have gone above 1600 euros. I assume that since people work remote, and many will continue to, landlords think the houses have gone up their values, cause people prefer Dunshaughlin from Dublin, which was the case, because the rent was much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Exile59

There is a retail unit proposed as part of the new development across from the Arch Bar! There's also a lot of retail units proposed for centre of the Willows in the coming years - which I don't agree with, that's a recipes to kill the village.

I do take your point, there was many retail units converted to residential near Apache Pizza in the last few years, but only because no one used them as shop units.

We don't want the village to have no shops or end up like polo mint, we now have a butchers and a take away in the business Park. Are the rents that high in the village?

Yea I saw that there's retail unit planned for the development. I suppose my point is that when space is so tight, it is a pity to see the few fairly large tracts of land being zoned mainly residential in the town centre.

Was hoping for a McDonalds, Starbucks, Penny's and maybe a Brown Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭joficeduns1

Agree that there's a serious lack of commercial development around the village centre. The plans for the Willows are welcome (selfishly) but there should be more incentive to get into the town. We'll see what it's like in 12 months time hopefully post-pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The new development is called the Arches, 14 residential units in a duplex/apartment layout and one commercial unit (possibly a Centra)
    Photo-6553840-DJI-240-jpg-4455928-0-202162122132-photo-original.jpg
    image upload site

Has a new ice-cream/gelato shop opened in Dunshaughlin on opposite side of road from BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭maik3n

Has a new ice-cream/gelato shop opened in Dunshaughlin on opposite side of road from BOI?
    A bit random for sure, but that would be a Yes.

http://www.instagram.com/cahoots.ice.cream/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Yeah, we walked by Tuesday evening and popped in. It was open after 8pm! Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

What is the development taking place on the other side of the fence at Lidl? No central parking which is a shame or no central plaza.

I believe that is a new extension to the Greenane estate.

The construction of 20 dwellings to include 1 no. 4 bed 2 storey detached house; 10 no. 4 bed 2 storey semidetached houses; and 9 no. 3 bed 2 storey terraced houses. b) New vehicular road access from Greenane Rd. c) All associated drainage services, boundary wall treatment, site works and landscaped open spaces. Significant further information/revised plans submitted on this application

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Anyone know a dog sitter in the area. Need a dog minded on sunday 8th Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Thank you GeneHunt for your reply. Where are all the people coming from to buy all these houses I wonder...

An article in the Meath Chronicle

Dunshaughlin is named a 2021 ‘Poetry Town’

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/2021/08/10/dunshaughlin-is-named-a-2021-poetry-town/

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

We have a surplus of takeaways, phone shops and hairdressers,

Would you like one too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Anyone know what the story with Carlettos Pizzeria is? Haven’t seen it open for a while.

Was wondering this myself. Found out last week when trying to order online:

Carletto's Staff & Families are taking a well deserved annual vacation. We'll be closed for a few weeks from Tuesday 03 August. Looking forward to serving you all again soon. Thanks for your understanding & support from All the Staff at Carletto's Pizzeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B65team

Apologies for the crude drawing! This is such a sad state of affairs for Dunshaughlin. In the space of a few years, 4 green areas have been or will have been torn up for either more houses or more businesses (I don't have a problem with Aldi, it's just it was a nice green area in the village). Over developed and massively under resourced. I feel sorry for those people currently living in Greenane. All that construction surrounding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Where those area accesible by the public ?

I agree it was a nice green area but it was a field in the middle of a village.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 B65team

Fair comment, no they weren't accessible as far as I know. Why can't you have a field in a village though? Not really a village anymore either!

It's just not very environmentally friendly, cutting down all those trees, disturbing everything. I know it wasn't friendly to have that ugly eyesore opposite the Arch too, but atleast nature could flourish!

That green area in front of Malelduin WAS accessible to the public and see gorgeous that is now!

I understand where you are coming from but its hard to keep a happy balance. I usually go for a jog down the Pelletstown road or towards Batterstown to get away from jogging through the village as its got busier at lunch time.

I think another park would be nice somewhere in the village/Town as the current park is ok for small children but not great for wanting to go for a long walk.

Once the Willows road gets down and joins Lagore that'll be nice. 1km running track ready within a month or so,too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Dickie10

how is the new secondary school in dunshauglin going? i see pictures on facebook, but seems very small numbers started in first year and there all boys in any photos, i presume its mixed school?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Hey guys. Does anyone have any feedback about Dun Rioga and what its like to live in? Having lived in Dublin for 10 years I am now considering the move to Dunshaughlin. Bit nervous about leaving the big smoke so not 100% sure it is the right move but we like the house and the town seems nice and my husband's family are from Navan so would be nice to be close to them if we have kids in the future etc! Just looking for feedback from anyone else who made the move? Also I saw on the thread there may be issues with broadband?

• Advertisement

Gourmet Food Parlour to open in the village. Upbeside Costa I believe. Nice add to the village.

Advertisement