Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Hmm, the council could always alter the junction at the lights but that would require someone to actually think..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Same on the Trim road out of Navan, something must have changed, there definitely used to be a limit on how close the door could be to the road.

Anyone know about where Applegreen will build? The guy in the tyre centre beside Campus said that's going to be Applegreen. I thought it was going on the link road up to the M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

Definitely originally set for the M3 link road.

However, there is always a remote possibility that with the delay/hassle with planning permission, they may have negotiated a deal with Campus/Certa to take over their old place beside the tyre centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

I think the tyre guy is pulling your leg! I've marked up the location of the proposed Applegreen service station on the below map, I've also included a proposed layout plan of the station and here's a summary of what they plan to build there.

• 36 no. EV charging parking spaces with a canopy over
    • 8 no. general vehicle fuel pumps with a canopy over
    • 2 no. HGV fuel pumps with canopy over
    • a retail convenience store with part off-licence
    • 2no food outlets (1 no. with a Drive-Thru function) and a coffee area and a central seating area (166 no. seats).
    • 2 no. Picnic Areas
    • A Childrens Play Area
    • A Driver exercise Area
    • 92 standard parking spaces
    • 4 no. family spaces
    • 6 no. staff car parking spaces
    • 1 no. staff EV charging space
    • 3 Coach Parking spaces
    • 12 no. HGV spaces
    • 12 no. Bicycle parking spaces

Planning application details ref: 221047

https://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/221047/0

• Advertisement

Thank you so much GeneHunt, I thought as much but the guy sounded as though it was gospel! It will be a great boost to the town, plenty of business for all garages.

In fact speaking of Campus, I had a look over the construction hoarding of the Campus site last week, Looks like they are finishing off the forecourt at the moment, surprisingly, the forecourt is being done in cobble stones. There was also a few big boxes in there too, I'm guessing it's new pumps in the boxes, so I wonder will we see it open before the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

More roadworks scheduled… sign up outside the Willows for 1st November to sometime in December. I don’t know how many times they’ve worked on that road recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

The amount of traffic disruption due to yet more roadworks would drive you nuts and more roadworks in the new year again .It must be some kind of record the number of times the main road through has been dug up .

• Advertisement

Looks like we might finally have our new Campus filling station.

Sadly, it seems to be almost a carbon copy of what we already had before?

Yeah, spotted the canopy and signage up today, so it's going to be called GO now, does the signage say 24 hours? By the way, I didn't get a look inside to forecourt, did you see if there is going to be a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Passed it twice this week and yes its a GO and from what ive seen VERY small

Im guessing from 24 hours thing will be like Certa/Tesco self service pay at pump, theres one like it just outside Ashbourne

There was a lot of hassle and bad reviews of the Cabra one

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058280927/go-fuel-station-cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Go Cabra I find brilliant, use it all the time.

Shop to be opened later in the year.

Great to have an option after circle k price gauging for too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Indeed, very small forecourt, but I used it last week and it was very convenient! There was a guy working there helping people get used to the self-service pumps. I got cheaper diesel than Circle K and 2 free car fresheners. Happy out!

Yeah, it's great to see it open again, it was coming up on 2 years closed in March, if remember right!

I walked in though Greenane over the Christmas and noticed something different about the layout of the new houses getting built there, these are the houses that you can see at the back of the Lidl carpark. What I noticed was the kerbs of the new road for these houses is almost done now and it appears the access to these houses is not via the Greenane estate as was originally planned (RA180862) see below. It appears these houses will have access via the entrance of the Lidl carpark, same as the construction traffic entered the site.

This is the second Planning Application in the village that has deviated from the approved Planning Permission. Campus / GO and this development does not match with the Planning Application online, I’ve never seen this before, how is this possible?

Approved Planning Permission (RA180862)

And from what I can see, this is the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Never noticed the change in planning but never really looked at it before.

The strange thing I knew a lad working there and he told me the entrance through Lidl was going to be the way in so I assumed that was always the case.

I had kind of presumed that they would make their way into Greenane.

However, the way the building works have progressed over the past year, made it increasingly unlikely that such a thing would come to pass.

There are some questions about Greenane access, under the Schedule of Conditions and also the Internal Technical Report-S E E Roads.

I would imagine the Greenane residents may have had some reservations about it also.

It is certainly not going to be ideal having the entrance from LIDL car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 agame

enquired about those houses for a family member when they were started, winter 2022 if I remember right, and the was told the entrance was to be from LIDL then. Its likely the council haven't uploaded the most recent/correct paperwork - that happens a lot. Alternatively the council just told the developer to do whatever they wanted and it would be grand cause they wouldnt enforce planning anyway, that's another one seems to happen a fair bit😐️

• Advertisement

Used Go this morning

Wouldnt accept my credit union mastercard, but did take my revolut

I know its putting people out of work (herself works in retail so wont use it) but its handy to pull in, fill up and go

Be interesting to see what the shop is like

I used Go the other day, and got chatting to the lad that's there at the moment to assist, apparently the shop is to open in March, with a deli.

I wanted to fill the car, and the lad there wasn't sure, but believed the sum you click on at the pump goes out of your account, and that I'll get reimbursed the amount afterwards not used, so I tested this to see which way it works, as that wouldn't be the normal way I've seen it happen. So I clicked on €120 on the screen, and started filling the car, and I got to €95 with a full tank, checked the receipt which said €95 and checked bank account now, and only €95 left my account. He also said if you use the "tap" option on the pump, it's only €50 no sum smaller and you must pump to the value of €50, I'm not sure if that's the case.

Yeah I was expecting to see amount options (like say M3 services), but just tap and fill

I did see something about 50 but I filled the car from half using the plus fuel and it took 44 euro and that came straight from my account

I was there about 8 ISH so no worker, unless you mean the intercom?

This was a guy walking around the forecourt, directing traffic to pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

It only charges the amount delivered, ie if you authorise €50 and stop at €27 then only €27 is taken, same as all the other self service pumps around, it's a bit disconcerting though the first time.

Also, they guy helping out is great, he's a credit to them.

Haven't used the go station yet ,it's a little inconvenient to get into if you are coming up from the village to maybe some passing trade if the lights have caused a bit of a build up .It might put off some of that passing trade unless they need the fuel .

And I think, it's not as easy to spot the entrance coming from Navan side either, I think the row of bollards was probably a bad idea!

Think overall its too near the junction though not much they can do about that now .

I enquired, was told members only. All I want is somewhere to walk without having to pound the streets, and trip on uneven paths, which I did, broke a tooth and was wired up for two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

There is a walking membership available (€40), which covers you for use on the track and helps the club. A poster will be up within the coming days.

Advertisement