Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭exitstageleft

Out of curiosity, for the people in Batch 1.3 now in or around clearance, what was your original OOM after the initial online verbal reasoning, numeric and situational judgement tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Out of curiosity, for the people in Batch 1.3 now in or around clearance, what was your original OOM after the initial online verbal reasoning, numeric and situational judgement tests?

Think I was like around 170s but have seen others say they were in the high 200s when called maybe higher

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RockabillySnap

I think I was 205 after the online tests

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

I'm going through clearance now and I was originally 329 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    Think I was like around 170s but have seen others say they were in the high 200s when called maybe higher

I was in 170s too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Expression of interest email today. Thought I was out of the running for this comp. I started as an EO recently - think I'm happy enough with that for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Any updates this week? Have they reached the 60s yet?

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Any updates this week? Have they reached the 60s yet?

I emailed them this morning got a quick response saying there was 5 ahead of me, meaning that there at around 65 in OOM general stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grahambob

Anyone know how the HR stream is progressing and how many will be selected for it overall?

grahambob wrote: »
    Anyone know how the HR stream is progressing and how many will be selected for it overall?

Number 9 was called for clearance in the HR stream around two months ago and the competition appears to have stalled there for now.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how long it was after they finished clearance to be told what dept they were assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 careerdecision

Should be any role provided it's an actual public sector role (e.g. not consulting, not self-employed but billing the public sector etc). And ofc if you're paid less than AO point 1 you're not gonna get an increment anyway!

Do you know anyone that was working in a non related role and got to be on the same HSE/public sector payscale?

It seems this can't be confirmed until you accept the offer which is probably too late for your current employer to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 5 careerdecision

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I just moved from HSE to civil service. My increments were sorted before I even signed the contract. Same point on scale and same increment date.

Were you working in a Non - AO role? Was your experience considered "relevant" or is it applicable to anyone working in public sector/hse in non related roles?

haleyoshea wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long it was after they finished clearance to be told what dept they were assigned to?

I was told around a week after I finished clearance. But it ask depends on how fast your references reply. I'm currently in the civil service for over 3 years so they just checked with my line manager.

I was told around a week after I finished clearance. But it ask depends on how fast your references reply. I'm currently in the civil service for over 3 years so they just checked with my line manager.

My references have all replied and my Garda vetting is complete so I'm just waiting now

My references have all replied and my Garda vetting is complete so I'm just waiting now

I'd say you would hear tomorrow or Monday latest.

I'd say you would hear tomorrow or Monday latest.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daisychain777

I was told my number and I had passed by the 11th of April and I began the 3yr clearance… I notified my line managers… I eventually made a request to stay in my dept… this was approved mid May and my promotion took affect from the middle /late may xx

Advice : if you have your OOM and batch.. and you want to stay in your dept make your requests promptly… I was late deciding x

I was told my number and I had passed by the 11th of April and I began the 3yr clearance… I notified my line managers… I eventually made a request to stay in my dept… this was approved mid May and my promotion took affect from the middle /late may xx

Advice : if you have your OOM and batch.. and you want to stay in your dept make your requests promptly… I was late deciding x

Thank you :) I'm new to the civil service so wasn't sure how long it would take x

The still haven't reached the high 60's in batch 1.3 for clearance.

• Advertisement

By most recent count (last week), they had reached 65 in batch 1.3 for clearance.
    Anyone have a more up to date number?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mouton

I realise it probably varies by Department, but how long does it normally take for the Department HR to get in touch after the notice of assignment has been received on publicjobs.ie? And once they do make contact, how much notice would they normally give of your start date?

I'm trying to figure out when I should give notice in my current role...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

mouton wrote: »
    I realise it probably varies by Department, but how long does it normally take for the Department HR to get in touch after the notice of assignment has been received on publicjobs.ie? And once they do make contact, how much notice would they normally give of your start date?

I'm trying to figure out when I should give notice in my current role...

It does vary greatly depending on the Department. I was assigned my Department by PAS on a Friday and the Department contacted me on the Monday.

Don't hand in your notice until you've been contacted. They're generally quite flexible on start dates in relation to notice periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mj90

Hi all, apologies but I cant seem to find the thread for the 2021 AO comp for Roles in Taxation, Accounting, Law, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics or Crime Analysis.

The deadline for submitting the application form was Thursday 3rd June. Would anyone have an idea on the timeline for a response on if people are successful to get through to the next stage? or is it worth emailing them directly?

Assigned to a position yesterday morning! Waiting on a start date from HR now... Kind of nervous ask I haven't heard much about this dept before but was told hours might be long

Assigned to a position yesterday morning! Waiting on a start date from HR now... Kind of nervous ask I haven't heard much about this dept before but was told hours might be long

If you don't mind me asking, how long in general was it from being told that your number had been reached and that you were entering clearance, to finally being assigned to a position?

I received an email telling me my number was reached on May 26, I replied immediately saying I wish to proceed, then the following day I received details telling me what I needed for clearance
    By the end of that day I had everything sent off. June 2nd I was contacted again because personal emails for referees are not accepted.
    June 8th I was sent an email telling me my EVetting was complete.
    June 16th I was assigned to a dept.

All complete within 4 weeks but would probably have been faster if there had not been issues with my referees.

I received an email telling me my number was reached on May 26, I replied immediately saying I wish to proceed, then the following day I received details telling me what I needed for clearance
    By the end of that day I had everything sent off. June 2nd I was contacted again because personal emails for referees are not accepted.
    June 8th I was sent an email telling me my EVetting was complete.
    June 16th I was assigned to a dept.

All complete within 4 weeks but would probably have been faster if there had not been issues with my referees.

Thank you and super congratulations :)

Any movement this week? Anyone know what number they’ve reached ?

• Advertisement

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    Any movement this week? Anyone know what number they’ve reached ?

They're up to number 68 for clearance in batch 1.3

Advertisement