Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

FullyComp wrote: »
    She was a mother of ten, they all deserved to lose their mother according to you lads

Getting desperate now are we lads? Back to using Jean Mcconville to further your agenda again are we?

Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

After the Provos started the proxy bombings I think even the well meaning Republicans realised that they were scum.

Imagine the cowardice involved in that. If you're fighting a "war" you fight it yourself.

Proxy bombs? What happens when a state force I.E the British army are using proxy organisations FRU, UFF, RHC to murder Catholics and republicans. Or the Brits simply came onto nationalist street firing plastic bullets. Did those actions not deserve a reaction or a response. Did the nationalist people not deserve to be defended.

"They try to make us toe their line,
    By using every type of crime,
    But, freedom won't be terrorised,
    Nor freedom's struggle, criminalised"

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

Proxy bombs? What happens when a state force I.E the British army are using proxy organisations FRU, UFF, RHC to murder Catholics and republicans. Or the Brits simply came onto nationalist street firing plastic bullets. Did those actions not deserve a reaction or a response. Did the nationalist people not deserve to be defended.

"They try to make us toe their line,
    By using every type of crime,
    But, freedom won't be terrorised,
    Nor freedom's struggle, criminalised"

I'm sure Patrick Gillespie liked a song too....

Coshquin Edit
    The Coshquin operation involved 11 members of the IRA's Derry City Brigade.[10] RUC Special Branch had received some intelligence about the operation,[11] but it was said to be only a "vague outline" of an "impending assault against a base" in the area.[10]

A Catholic, Patrick Gillespie, 42, who lived in the Shantallow area of Derry and worked as a cook at the Fort George British Army base in the city, had been warned to stop working at the base or risk reprisal. On one occasion, the IRA had forced him to drive a bomb into the base, giving him just enough time to escape. However, that bomb had failed to detonate.[11] On 24 October 1990, members of the IRA's Derry City Brigade took over Gillespie's house.[12] While his family was held at gunpoint, he was forced to drive his car to a rural spot on the other side of the Irish border in County Donegal.[12] Gillespie was then put in a van loaded with 1,000 pounds (450 kg) of explosives, chained to the seat to prevent his escape and told to drive to the Coshquin permanent border checkpoint on Buncrana Road.[11][12]

An armed IRA team followed him by car to ensure that he obeyed their commands.[10] Four minutes from the checkpoint, the IRA team armed the bomb remotely.[10] When Gillespie reached the checkpoint, at 3:55 AM,[10] he tried to get out and warn the soldiers, but the bomb detonated when he attempted to open the door.[11] IRA bomb makers had installed a detonation device linked to the van's courtesy light, which came on whenever the van door opened. As a safeguard, the bombers also used a timing device to ensure that the bomb detonated at the right moment.[11] Gillespie and five soldiers were killed,[12] including Kingsman Stephen Beacham, Vincent Scott, David Sweeney, Paul Worrall and Lance Corporal Stephen Burrows, from D (Support) Company of the 1st Battalion the King's Regiment.

Witnesses reported hearing "shouting, screaming and then shots" right before the explosion.[10] The bomb devastated the base, destroying the operations room and a number of armoured vehicles. It was claimed that the death toll would have been much higher had the soldiers not been sleeping in a recently built mortar-proof bunker.[10] The blast damaged 25 nearby houses.[12]

At Gillespie's funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were "the complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satan".[13]

I'm sure Patrick Gillespie liked a song too....

Coshquin Edit
    The Coshquin operation involved 11 members of the IRA's Derry City Brigade.[10] RUC Special Branch had received some intelligence about the operation,[11] but it was said to be only a "vague outline" of an "impending assault against a base" in the area.[10]

A Catholic, Patrick Gillespie, 42, who lived in the Shantallow area of Derry and worked as a cook at the Fort George British Army base in the city, had been warned to stop working at the base or risk reprisal. On one occasion, the IRA had forced him to drive a bomb into the base, giving him just enough time to escape. However, that bomb had failed to detonate.[11] On 24 October 1990, members of the IRA's Derry City Brigade took over Gillespie's house.[12] While his family was held at gunpoint, he was forced to drive his car to a rural spot on the other side of the Irish border in County Donegal.[12] Gillespie was then put in a van loaded with 1,000 pounds (450 kg) of explosives, chained to the seat to prevent his escape and told to drive to the Coshquin permanent border checkpoint on Buncrana Road.[11][12]

An armed IRA team followed him by car to ensure that he obeyed their commands.[10] Four minutes from the checkpoint, the IRA team armed the bomb remotely.[10] When Gillespie reached the checkpoint, at 3:55 AM,[10] he tried to get out and warn the soldiers, but the bomb detonated when he attempted to open the door.[11] IRA bomb makers had installed a detonation device linked to the van's courtesy light, which came on whenever the van door opened. As a safeguard, the bombers also used a timing device to ensure that the bomb detonated at the right moment.[11] Gillespie and five soldiers were killed,[12] including Kingsman Stephen Beacham, Vincent Scott, David Sweeney, Paul Worrall and Lance Corporal Stephen Burrows, from D (Support) Company of the 1st Battalion the King's Regiment.

Witnesses reported hearing "shouting, screaming and then shots" right before the explosion.[10] The bomb devastated the base, destroying the operations room and a number of armoured vehicles. It was claimed that the death toll would have been much higher had the soldiers not been sleeping in a recently built mortar-proof bunker.[10] The blast damaged 25 nearby houses.[12]

At Gillespie's funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were "the complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satan".[13]

I am usually one to avoid controversy. But patsy Gillespie worked openly for the Brits. So good riddance to bad rubbish. He was part and parcel of the occupation.

Where the kids ? Julie Livingstone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You can delude yourself all you like, Oglaigh na hEireann stood their volunteers down a number of years ago, to support the primacy of politics. Those lads you listed are good for putting out sandbags and shoveling snow off paths.

Listen to yourself.

It doesn't matter if the Provo's called themselves after the Berlin Opera or Real Madrid or Oglaigh na hEireann. They were still just a bunch of murders who indiscriminately killed women and children and even killed more Catholics than the British Security forces they were apparently at war with.

The only Oglaigh na hEireann that exists is the Irish defense forces. People who think otherwise are engaging is ISIS levels of denialism and fantasy land stuff.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Listen to yourself.

It doesn't matter if the Provo's called themselves after the Berlin Opera or Real Madrid or Oglaigh na hEireann. They were still just a bunch of murders who indiscriminately killed women and children and even killed more Catholics than the British Security forces they were apparently at war with.

The only Oglaigh na hEireann that exists is the Irish defense forces. People who think otherwise are engaging is ISIS levels of denialism and fantasy land stuff.

The defence force who defended me was Oglaigh na hEireann B Coy 2nd Battalion. We still have brave men but we'll never know better glory-o Glory-o to the bold fenian men.

Oiche Maith a chairde.

When I'm reading this thread it reminds me of canvassing for Gerry Kelly a lock of years ago in a place called the OPR- A divided community but when we used to walk to a certain point of no return- Manor street we would be met with a vitriol of hatred by others of a different persuasion and it used to boggle my mind as Gerry stood with both communities on housing issues, Policing issues (Even though I disagreed) and also anti social issues.

What I get from some of the posters here is the same hatred and it actually stumps me. But it doesn't surprise me. I sold AP/RN in bars during the war and the same ilk spit at us and removed us from bars while loyalists were attacking CNR community there own countrymen.

I believe some here need to take their heads from the sand.

Maybe you are brainwashed?

One can hold two points of view, you do know that, don't you?

One can say that they despise and hate loyalist groups and gangs attacking innocent people and Catholics/nationalists in mindless sectarian violence.
    One can also say, they hate and despise the Provo's for escalating the situation and their tactics in targetting civilian areas and killing innocent bystanders like women and children, an actual war crime may I add.

People look at the extreme Green and Orange side of the North and say, 'plague on all your houses, you neandertal idiots'.
    The vast majority want nothing to do with that type of 'politics'

The defence force who defended me was Oglaigh na hEireann B Coy 2nd Battalion. We still have brave men but we'll never know better glory-o Glory-o to the bold fenian men.

Oiche Maith a chairde.

By defending you, you mean killing more innocent civilians than the British Security forces, my the magnitude of 350% ?

Great bunch of lads!

Oh I never had any dealings with scap. It was members of the IRA who his unit dealt with. Membership of the ira be it historical carries a sentence of 4 years, please refrain from linking me to any illegal organisations.

But yes Jean sadly was turned by the Brits and a recoridng device was found in her home. She's blessed it was in Divis and not ardoyne where she lived. North Belfast republicans wouldn't of been as forthcoming.

Jesus Christ....!!

I am usually one to avoid controversy. But patsy Gillespie worked openly for the Brits. So good riddance to bad rubbish. He was part and parcel of the occupation.

At Gillespie's funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were "the complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satan"

If the shoe fits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

When I'm reading this thread it reminds me of canvassing for Gerry Kelly a lock of years ago in a place called the OPR- A divided community but when we used to walk to a certain point of no return- Manor street we would be met with a vitriol of hatred by others of a different persuasion and it used to boggle my mind as Gerry stood with both communities on housing issues, Policing issues (Even though I disagreed) and also anti social issues.

What I get from some of the posters here is the same hatred and it actually stumps me. But it doesn't surprise me. I sold AP/RN in bars during the war and the same ilk spit at us and removed us from bars while loyalists were attacking CNR community there own countrymen.

I believe some here need to take their heads from the sand.

I don't believe you are old enough to remember WWII. In fact there are very few that do.

Also, did An Phravda go back that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Any proof? Earnings from his Childhood home? Anything

I loved this post of yours- Its a real FG selling point.

I've travelled alright.

And I still reckon the feral youth in the country is the worst I've seen.

The feral youth I'd say your the currently watching oireachtas TV slating the Travellers they are currently discussing. Backwards thinking is a necessity for your lot

I've read this ten times and still can't make any sense of it.

Particularly the last sentence.

Something about the Oireachtas and travellers??

I've read this ten times and still can't make any sense of it.

Particularly the last sentence.

Something about the Oireachtas and travellers??

Its another posters post. I was discussing. Don't worry your wee head pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

The information these door-to-door buckos gathered wasn’t uploaded to the Abú database……

Philip Ryan is about to strike journalistic gold. What a sinister party SF are.
    Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Jakers, some incredible handwaving away going on in here.

two stand out posts in particular that haven't exactly aged well to say the least.....

all things considered....

Fine Gael confirms members used business cards from non-existent polling companies

www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40310084.html%3ftype=amp

Fianna Fáil admits party members posed as market researchers

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/fianna-fail-admits-party-members-posed-as-market-researchers-1139441.html

CDarby wrote: »
    this post didn't exactly age well.

all things considered....

Fine Gael confirms members used business cards from non-existent polling companies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40310084.html%3ftype=amp

Oh deary me. So does this mean those who were foaming at the mouth for a pound of sinn fein flesh were guilty of the same actions to fool the electorate.

Please say it isn't so.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Oh I never had any dealings with scap. It was members of the IRA who his unit dealt with. Membership of the ira be it historical carries a sentence of 4 years, please refrain from linking me to any illegal organisations.

But yes Jean sadly was turned by the Brits and a recoridng device was found in her home. She's blessed it was in Divis and not ardoyne where she lived. North Belfast republicans wouldn't of been as forthcoming.

He did a great job for the security forces while deciding on which members of the RA be shot next ,,, How many innocent RA heads were shot on his instructions to cover up for his snitching as you call it??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Indo still running with their story today. Varadkar used them in his 2011 election run.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

He did a great job for the security forces while deciding on which members of the RA be shot next ,,, How many innocent RA heads were shot on his instructions to cover up for his snitching as you call it??

costacorta wrote: »

I wouldn't know how many IRA members the ID unit dealt with. I wasn't privvy to such information I was a member of Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Oh deary me. So does this mean those who were foaming at the mouth for a pound of sinn fein flesh were guilty of the same actions to fool the electorate.

Please say it isn't so.

I'm a green, and have been disgusted that political parties used under handed tactics like using false companies to get polling data.
    I previously supported SDs based on their transparency policy.

I'm not impressed that it turns out the greens used to use activists to poll the electorate, but there's still a difference between using activists and making fake Ids and lying to people.

Anyone that doesn't see this has questionable morals/ethics. But then I'm probably in the wrong thread if I'm looking for morality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Triangle wrote: »
    I'm a green, and have been disgusted that political parties used under handed tactics like using false companies to get polling data.

I'm not impressed that it turns out the greens used to use activists to poll the electorate, but there's still a difference between using activists and making fake Ids and lying to people.

Anyone that doesn't see this has questionable morals/ethics. But then I'm probably in the wrong thread if I'm looking for morality.

Seems that poster and SF supporters only care it wasn't only SF at it.

Not the fact they were at it in the first place.

Triangle wrote: »

Your definitely in the wrong thread as your a green and morality and a back bone are missing from your party.

Your party capitulated , sold the members a kipper and then reneged on every policy you had in place the last time you were in government leading to your decimation.

Something I'd imagine is going to be repeated. So yeah on the morality bench your at the wrong seat, maybe lie under the bench.

No it happens , it happens regularly. Only people who didn't know underhand tactics play out in politics are those who have never canvassed , never walked the streets, fundraised, sat out with constituents in times of need.

I know your likes, absolute 2 pound careerists. Haven't done a dot but claim to have it all figured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Feisar

They will be in power next election mark my words. SD PBP will row in with SF and they will mop up after the likes of your own party of choice make a pigs dinner of the country.

Pigs dinner? A funny analogy as it was SF’s buddies that used to feed people to pigs.

First they came for the socialists...

Feisar wrote: »
    Pigs dinner? A funny analogy as it was SF’s buddies that used to feed people to pigs.

Feed people to pigs? Do tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Feed people to pigs? Do tell?

Any sign of poor Robert, pal.

Give Connolly House a bell, they might be able to help.

Usually very forthcoming with information?

:cool:

Connolly house? Which connolly house the INLA office at 174 Falls road or The old SF Connolly house in Andytown. Either way your information is wrong , once again.

Ah Captain nairac story? Story is just right.

Connolly house? Which connolly house the INLA office at 174 Falls road or The old SF Connolly house in Andytown. Either way your information is wrong , once again.

Ah Captain nairac story? Story is just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Wrong again JJ.
    FF at it since 2007 according to MM.
    Do keep up.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

markodaly wrote: »
    Maybe you are brainwashed?

One can hold two points of view, you do know that, don't you?

One can say that they despise and hate loyalist groups and gangs attacking innocent people and Catholics/nationalists in mindless sectarian violence.
    One can also say, they hate and despise the Provo's for escalating the situation and their tactics in targetting civilian areas and killing innocent bystanders like women and children, an actual war crime may I add.

People look at the extreme Green and Orange side of the North and say, 'plague on all your houses, you neandertal idiots'.
    The vast majority want nothing to do with that type of 'politics'

Give it a rest, loyalist gangs launching attacks against catholic civilians was not mindless sectarian violence the violence was carefully orchestrated sectarian attacks by MI5 as part of psychological warfare against the IRA and propaganda towards the general public to make the conflict seem sectarian while also causing some individual members of the IRA to retaliate thus draining IRA support.

Advertisement