Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

For gawds sake!

Political shenanigans elperello...not the end of civilisation as we know it.

Akin to faking an injury on the football field.

Why people who support FG and FF piled on to this and other 'scoops' about SF really eludes me. Have they no awareness of what went on in this state since independence and that it was highly likely they were at it as well?

If it was for electoral purposes it is nothing more than people outside polling booths or flopping over in the penalty area. Silly when you are caught at it. Sillier still when your Minister (Harris) climbs up onto the high moral ground just as you are admitting to doing the same thing. :):)

Thanks all the same but I know the difference between football and politics and I'm not buying that analogy.

When members of political parties were going around misrepresenting themselves to voters (ie. lying) that was wrong no matter how you dress it up.

If you don't have your word you have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just breaking now, even Renua did it. Can we all just agree that this is a non story and is just the norm in Irish politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just breaking now, even Renua did it. Can we all just agree that this is a non story and is just the norm in Irish politics.

Not at all, only those who think lying to voters is ok are calling this a non-story.

The Republican movement were unequivocal when issuing statements regarding the murder of Jerry McCabe.

2011 Martin Mcg said in an interview with Brian dobson the murder was entirely wrong. In 2013 Gerry Adams from the floor of the Dail eireann stated the murder of Jerry Mccabe was wrong as he sent his condolences to Adrian Donohoe family.

Nobody has tried to mess it up. When volunteers joined the ranks of Oglaigh na hEireann they undertook standing order No.8 regarding free state forces not being regarded as targets.

This operation was wrong. No Republican says otherwise.

And yet, they campaigned for his killers to be released under the GFA, they organised a welcome home party for them when they were released.

With Sinn Fein, we know well to ignore what they say and focus on what they do.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not at all, only those who think lying to voters is ok are calling this a non-story.

All the main parties including your own have been caught now. The DPC have written to SF, I am assuming they'll write and deal equally with the rest of them.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All the main parties including your own have been caught now. The DPC have written to SF, I am assuming they'll write and deal equally with the rest of them.

This isn't something to be crowing about. If all parties were at it, then all parties need to be called out on it.

There is now a clear difference between those who are saying there was nothing wrong with Sinn Fein because all parties were doing it and those who are saying that all parties should be called out on it if they were doing it.

The former condone wrongdoing, the latter don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

elperello wrote: »
    Thanks all the same but I know the difference between football and politics and I'm not buying that analogy.

When members of political parties were going around misrepresenting themselves to voters (ie. lying) that was wrong no matter how you dress it up.

If you don't have your word you have nothing.

If you are a dirty footballer you are nothing either.

I'm failing to see (from the start actually) how this is anything but silly shenanigans from a political field renowned for them. Political parties 'misrepresent' themselves all the time, hence these threads. The end of the world is not nigh.

To be fair,they're not condoning it
    They're just deflecting
    Theres no need for the deflecting
    It's historic
    Politicians understandably only talking about it when directly asked
    The only reason It's bobbing above the water at all is because of Abú
    The authorities will just confirm whatever needs doing or that it has been done
    This Discussion is better off in the stand alone thread the FrancieBrady account created a number of weeks back (where I needn't see it tbh)

This isn't something to be crowing about. If all parties were at it, then all parties need to be called out on it.

There is now a clear difference between those who are saying there was nothing wrong with Sinn Fein because all parties were doing it and those who are saying that all parties should be called out on it if they were doing it.

Some of us are saying let the proper authorities deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

And yet, they campaigned for his killers to be released under the GFA, they organised a welcome home party for them when they were released.

With Sinn Fein, we know well to ignore what they say and focus on what they do.

I also campaigned for the lads to get out. Accepting a decision from a partitioned court,make no bones of it. The free state is a portioned state and its agencies Aswell.

As someone who grew up as an Irish man in a divided country, sold out by those in government and left to fend for ourselves against pogroms and loyalist death squads colluding with British state forces to murder catholics at will- I will never accept a judgement judgement from a court until ireland is a United under 1 justice system.

• Advertisement

They're just deflecting
    It's historic
    This Discussion is better off in the stand alone thread the FrancieBrady account created a number of weeks back (where I needn't see it tbh)

The only reason it is 'bobbing above the water' is because an employee of a newspaper has an unhealthy obsession and a lack of understanding of what a real journalist should be doing, which is looking at the whole picture. His failure to do that turned this into the ****-show farce it quickly became.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What?

Can you not read or are you purposely just trying to troll.

Flowery language to try and excuse murder.

It doesn't matter if the guys who murdered McCabe were all Buddhist Vegans who swore an oath to non-violence, they still murdered him in cold blood.

There is only one Óglaigh na hÉireann. It is the Irish Defence Forces, not the bunch of murdering psychopaths who pass off as 'Freedom Fighters'

https://twitter.com/defenceforces/status/1399742532532244480?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

I also campaigned for the lads to get out. Accepting a decision from a partitioned court,make no bones of it. The free state is a portioned state and its agencies Aswell.

As someone who grew up as an Irish man in a divided country, sold out by those in government and left to fend for ourselves against pogroms and loyalist death squads colluding with British state forces to murder catholics at will- I will never accept a judgement judgement from a court until ireland is a United under 1 justice system.

Even if you know first hand that the accused is guilty?

The only reason it is 'bobbing above the water' is because an employee of a newspaper has an unhealthy obsession and a lack of understanding of what a real journalist should be doing, which is looking at the whole picture. His failure to do that turned this into the ****-show farce it quickly became.

Thats your opinion
    I read the article
    He had SF materials and focused on them,they're nothing to be proud of
    If FG,GREEN or FF false identities show up,they're nothing to be proud of either
    Its only a niche story really and a filler for journalists
    As a Shinner,if I were you I'd be like me and ignore it and would have stated this early yesterday if I was a shinner
    But its not on my radar of interest
    Maybe start a thread on perceived bias in journalism or something
    I've seen what could be perceived as anti government articles from Ryan in that paper btw but grant it no praise for SF that I can instantly recall
    But then again that's a reflection of my disinterest in seeking out such things

markodaly wrote: »

It doesn't matter if the guys who murdered McCabe were all Buddhist Vegans who swore an oath to non-violence, they still murdered him in cold blood.

There is only one Óglaigh na hÉireann. It is the Irish Defence Forces, not the bunch of murdering psychopaths who pass off as 'Freedom Fighters'

You can delude yourself all you like, Oglaigh na hEireann stood their volunteers down a number of years ago, to support the primacy of politics. Those lads you listed are good for putting out sandbags and shoveling snow off paths.

Thats your opinion
    I read the article
    If FG,GREEN or FF false identities show up,they're nothing to be proud of either
    As a Shinner,if I were you I'd be like me and ignore it and would have stated this early yesterday if I was a shinner
    I've seen what could be perceived as anti government articles from Nolan in that paper btw but grant it no praise for SF that I can instantly recall

Still furiously ignoring it I see ML :) And the, oh so typical, patronising advice on top...yuck. :)

Still furiously ignoring it I see ML :) And the, oh so typical, patronising advice on top...yuck. :)

I'm only reacting
    You're the one going on and on and on
    God knows why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

You can delude yourself all you like, Oglaigh na hEireann stood their volunteers down a number of years ago, to support the primacy of politics. Those lads you listed are good for putting out sandbags and shoveling snow off paths.

And the lads you supported were good for planting a bomb and running away while mothers and children were being blown up . Brave soldiers indeed .

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

costacorta wrote: »
    And the lads you supported were good for planting a bomb and running away while mothers and children were being blown up . Brave soldiers indeed .

And your boys were great at getting loyalist paramilitaraies to do their dirty work and your boys were great at shooting little girls and boys.

markodaly wrote: »

Hard to hold the Irish army in high regard as anyone who even knows anyone in the Irish army will tell you they do absolutely f*** all and also the only time Irish people actually needed them to come to their aid and help them from attack in the late 60s and early 70s they were nowhere to be seen except standing on the border scratching their hole making a lovely wage as per usual.

• Advertisement

guy2231 wrote: »
    Hard to hold the Irish army in high regard as anyone who even knows anyone in the Irish army will tell you they do absolutely f*** all and also the only time Irish people actually needed them to come to their aid and help them from attack in the late 60s and early 70s they were nowhere to be seen except standing on the border scratching their hole making a lovely wage as per usual.

Charming

I don't know who you are talking to in the Defence Forces but you are misinformed.

As for what happened 50 years ago there is literally nobody from that era currently serving.

They're just deflecting
    It's historic

I agree it would be better in that thread.

Just to point out there were two posts about the polling story in that thread. The second one was mine at lunchtime yesterday. After that nothing and I came over here to comment. I don't think I'll be a regular visitor.

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know who you are talking to in the Defence Forces but you are misinformed.

As for what happened 50 years ago there is literally nobody from that era currently serving.

Does that make it ok.

I was on the streets when that happened as a young child. The free state abandoned us. West brits one and all.

Guerilla warfare, Sadly there was civilian deaths. But same could be said for the British state planting information with the FRU and Nelson to murder men who werent even republicans to "return the serve"

As a man who grew up through it and WHO DOESNT support Sinn Fein no longer, I see how easy it is for those sitting in the ditch to attack those who were to the forefront.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Guerilla warfare, Sadly there was civilian deaths. But same could be said for the British state planting information with the FRU and Nelson to murder men who werent even republicans to "return the serve"

As a man who grew up through it and WHO DOESNT support Sinn Fein no longer, I see how easy it is for those sitting in the ditch to attack those who were to the forefront.

Maybe you should try counselling for the trauma you experienced in your youth . As for the rest of us down south we just get on with our lives and not overly worried about republicans or unionists.. As I said before SF and DUP and their supporters are a cancer on our society .

Maybe you should try counselling for the trauma you experienced in your youth . As for the rest of us down south we just get on with our lives and not overly worried about republicans or unionists.. As I said before SF and DUP and their supporters are a cancer on our society .

SF A cancer on what society? Certainly not mine, the most popular party in the south and about to be the most popular party in the north also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

SF A cancer on what society? Certainly not mine, the most popular party in the south and about to be the most popular party in the north also.

Sure sure, if you are taken in by the populist bulldust they promulgate.

Only the challenged would take any heed of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Thats your opinion
    I read the article
    I've seen what could be perceived as anti government articles from Ryan in that paper btw but grant it no praise for SF that I can instantly recall

It was mentioned on the 5:30 Virgin Media News. It was also mentioned that Marc McSharry asked Michael Martin to resign over this. MM said no and McSharry is now asking Drew Harris to open an investigation in to this. This story is not going away and don't forget this story is only being published because there is a by-election happening shortly.

• Advertisement

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It was mentioned on the 5:30 Virgin Media News. It was also mentioned that Marc McSharry asked Michael Martin to resign over this. MM said no and McSharry is now asking Drew Harris to open an investigation in to this. This story is not going away and don't forget this story is only being published because there is a by-election happening shortly.

He kind of has to do this after all the stuff that came out of his mouth about Sinn Fein before he found out this was common practice for most parties including his own.

Advertisement