Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

Sure sure, if you are taken in by the populist bulldust they promulgate.

Only the challenged would take any heed of them

Haha ok whatever you say, the former provos are about to rule Ireland and the electorate north or south clearly have no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Does that make it ok.

I was on the streets when that happened as a young child. The free state abandoned us. West brits one and all.

No but it is unfair to use the political decisions of 50 years ago to attack current members of the Defence Forces.

I am not trying to take from your lived experience.

elperello wrote: »
    No but it is unfair to use the political decisions of 50 years ago to attack current members of the Defence Forces.

Either way they don't do much for anyone, I have no reason to hold them in high regard they are making great money with barely any risk, I have no problem with them at all but I have no reason to think much of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

elperello wrote: »

Plenty of lads on here use the political decisions of SF 50 years ago to attack current members of SF many of whom were not even born.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Plenty of lads on here use the political decisions of SF 50 years ago to attack current members of SF many of whom were not even born.

With respect, I'm not one of the "lads".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

guy2231 wrote: »
    Haha ok whatever you say, the former provos are about to rule Ireland and the electorate north or south clearly have no problem with that.

Hmm…. Smartish edit there, pal.

I think you and your ilk might be in for a surprise.

Middle Ireland are not conned by these chancers, a chara, make no mistake about thaaaat………

We are well able to see through the bullsdust pumped out by your aficionados.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Don’t be getting carried away with yourself as SF have never been in government down south and run away from governing up north any time there is a problem so your imagination is running riot with you .

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Middle Ireland are not conned by these chancers, a chara, make no mistake about thaaaat………

Going by the vote shares Brendi...two parties are on a par in the public's trust while a 3rd lags a few percentage points behind.

Those are the facts.

I think it was your type who got the surprise last election, I think the surprise for you guys next election will be such a surprise for you your jaw will fall off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think it was your type who got the surprise last election, I think the surprise for you guys next election will be such a surprise for you your jaw will fall off.

Ok…. Getting nowhere with this.

Let’s just wait and see…….eh?

• Advertisement

Ok…. Getting nowhere with this.

Let’s just wait and see…….eh?

Wouldn’t like to see your jaw falling off ..

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It was mentioned on the 5:30 Virgin Media News. It was also mentioned that Marc McSharry asked Michael Martin to resign over this. MM said no and McSharry is now asking Drew Harris to open an investigation in to this. This story is not going away and don't forget this story is only being published because there is a by-election happening shortly.

He should ask his Dad Ray about it...
    He'd know :rolleyes:
    Its not a story at all
    By the looks of things,if you wanted to be fair on imprisoning people over it we'd have no politicians left at all,starting with the SF ones,we'd have to hire liners as prison ships...
    This will be looked at by the regulator
    I'm not surprised though Marc is going on with that sho1te, I think he's thick
    I would be surprised if SF politicians were going on with it as it only mires Abú further
    They're not

He should ask his Dad Ray about it...
    He'd know :rolleyes:
    Its not a story at all
    By the looks of things,if you wanted to be fair on imprisoning people over it we'd have no politicians left at all,starting with the SF ones,we'd have to hire liners as prison ships...
    This will be looked at by the regulator
    I'm not surprised though Marc is going on with that sho1te, I think he's thick
    I would be surprised if SF politicians were going on with it as it only mires Abú further
    They're not

He has no choice but to go on about it now, he was giving it socks against Sinn Fein yesterday calling for garda action, true it's not a story at all and he knew that but was trying to use it against Sinn Fein to score points and it backfired beautifully when it came out it was also being done by all the main parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

To those who say it's not a story, is that because all the government parties have admitted doing this? and because any punishment SF will get will also apply to FF, FG and G?

skimpydoo wrote: »
    To those who say it's not a story, is that because all the government parties have admitted doing this? and because any punishment SF will get will also apply to FF, FG and G?

It wasn't a story with SF
    Just a little extra embarrassing briefly
    A case of paper doesn't refuse ink
    Nowadays the twitteratti jouro's/hacks are out to keep their profile high
    Ryan's bosses will be only delighted they drove this for a bit
    But honest to God
    Its a Dodo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I won't be surprised and my jaw certainly won't be falling off.

I'm looking forward to SF in power.

Be nice to sit back and watch them sort all the issues out they have the answers too.

Actually really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

It wasn't a story with SF
    Just a little extra embarrassing briefly
    A case of paper doesn't refuse ink
    Nowadays the twitteratti jouro's/hacks are out to keep their profile high
    Ryan's bosses will be only delighted they drove this for a bit
    But honest to God
    Its a Dodo

That was my feeling, which is why the posts in here showing outrage seemed either very naïve or very fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,843 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I'm looking forward to SF in power.

Be nice to sit back and watch them sort all the issues out they have the answers too.

Actually really looking forward to it.

Be careful what you wish for: Sinn Féin have one prime objective, top of their agenda - a 'united Ireland' and at any cost. They get their bums in government here and God only knows what they would be capable of triggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

costacorta wrote: »
    Maybe you should try counselling for the trauma you experienced in your youth . As for the rest of us down south we just get on with our lives and not overly worried about republicans or unionists.. As I said before SF and DUP and their supporters are a cancer on our society .

So after SF topping polls all over the country last time out down south what do you call your countrymen.

So after SF topping polls all over the country last time out down south what do you call your countrymen.

And where are they today after topping all these polls ??? Yes indeed on the opposition benches where they are happiest as they are incapable of governing..

• Advertisement

When I'm reading this thread it reminds me of canvassing for Gerry Kelly a lock of years ago in a place called the OPR- A divided community but when we used to walk to a certain point of no return- Manor street we would be met with a vitriol of hatred by others of a different persuasion and it used to boggle my mind as Gerry stood with both communities on housing issues, Policing issues (Even though I disagreed) and also anti social issues.

What I get from some of the posters here is the same hatred and it actually stumps me. But it doesn't surprise me. I sold AP/RN in bars during the war and the same ilk spit at us and removed us from bars while loyalists were attacking CNR community there own countrymen.

I believe some here need to take their heads from the sand.

And where are they today after topping all these polls ??? Yes indeed on the opposition benches where they are happiest as they are incapable of governing..

No the reason they are there is because FF wouldn't sit down and discuss a way forward and the people of Ireland will not forget it I guarantee that. But I am sure SF will lead the next government. FF and FG are making a hames of their programme.

When I'm reading this thread it reminds me of canvassing for Gerry Kelly a lock of years ago in a place called the OPR- A divided community but when we used to walk to a certain point of no return- Manor street we would be met with a vitriol of hatred by others of a different persuasion and it used to boggle my mind as Gerry stood with both communities on housing issues, Policing issues (Even though I disagreed) and also anti social issues.

What I get from some of the posters here is the same hatred and it actually stumps me. But it doesn't surprise me. I sold AP/RN in bars during the war and the same ilk spit at us and removed us from bars while loyalists were attacking CNR community there own countrymen.

What war was that that you speak of ?

Nah you're grand.

We're old enough and have seen enough of SF/IRA to make up our own minds.

Our heads are firmly removed from the sand.

We know what right and what's wrong.

The war that led to the Dublin Monaghan bombings. Are you aware of those attacks?

Cranberries zombie lept into my head when I read that comment.

Nah you're grand.

We're old enough and have seen enough of SF/IRA to make up our own minds.

Our heads are firmly removed from the sand.

We know what right and what's wrong.

You haven't a clue. Your living down south in an ivory tower.

Are you aware Mary Lou and Eoin O Brioin are posh privately educated people?

Eoin went to blackrock college.

6k a year. Not cheap.

What has that got to do with anything? Sinn Fein have people from all walks of life did I claim they were all working class from poor backgrounds?

Also Mary Lou is from a middle class background.

No the reason they are there is because FF wouldn't sit down and discuss a way forward and the people of Ireland will not forget it I guarantee that. But I am sure SF will lead the next government. FF and FG are making a hames of their programme.

Nobody will go into government with SF as they have proven in NI that they are unable to work with other parties and run away when they don’t get what they want.. So unless they achieve an overall majority I’m afraid it’s back benches for them for the foreseeable future thankfully.

• Advertisement

Cranberries zombie lept into my head when I read that comment.

I was more of a AC/DC fan.

Advertisement