Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TheG0AT wrote: »
    That i did not know so i stand corrected ;)

I had to do a search on imdb for the presenters and further down did I see Guscott. I only remember Ulrika and John Fashanu myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Dermot Bannon

Why is he a thing?!

I don't watch or follow him but I inexplicitly can't stand him. I'm just fed up of always having to hear about him or hear him. Dermot Bannon does some tv house show, next day, social media post of previous show goes viral with some shock build or conversation had. Switch on radio, Dermot Bannon is on the radio talking about some new show he has coming up. Go back to tv and he's plugging Vodafone or some other service, then it's the angelus at 6 featuring reflective images of Dermot Bannon on site, in his studio, walking in a garden, selling Vodafone etc followed by the six one news read by Dermot Bannon. A series of Dermot Bannon programmes follow culminating in Dermot Bannon singing the national anthem at close of station.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Dermot Bannon

Why is he a thing?!

I don't watch or follow him but I inexplicitly can't stand him. I'm just fed up of always having to hear about him or hear him. Dermot Bannon does some tv house show, next day, social media post of previous show goes viral with some shock build or conversation had. Switch on radio, Dermot Bannon is on the radio talking about some new show he has coming up. Go back to tv and he's plugging Vodafone or some other service, then it's the angelus at 6 featuring reflective images of Dermot Bannon on site, in his studio, walking in a garden, selling Vodafone etc followed by the six one news read by Dermot Bannon. A series of Dermot Bannon programmes follow culminating in Dermot Bannon singing the national anthem at close of station.

:p

That's seems to be RTE operating mode now, lots of twitter and Facebook chatter even before the show goes out, fabricated minor event ,pumped out of all proportion, gives the impression that many more are watching than really are

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Jeremy Guscott presented it for two years as well.

Purple Aki?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Bell Whiff who does the Tucson ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

GAAcailin wrote: »
    Re Sarah:
    She deffo fancies herself as being hardnosed - she is trying too hard to model herself on Claire Byrne and it just doesn't work! Can't listen to Sarah anymore..

Apart from being a woman who presents current affairs programmes, I'm not sure how you think she's modeling herself on Claire Byrne. If you had said she's trying to model herself on Vincent Browne, John Humphrys or Jeremy Paxman, you might have had a point, but there are no similarities whatsoever between Sarah McInerney and Claire Byrne.

I've never understood why some people don't like it when journalists ask tough questions of politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Apart from being a woman who presents current affairs programmes, I'm not sure how you think she's modeling herself on Claire Byrne. If you had said she's trying to model herself on Vincent Browne, John Humphrys or Jeremy Paxman, you might have had a point, but there are no similarities whatsoever between Sarah McInerney and Claire Byrne.

I've never understood why some people don't like it when journalists ask tough questions of politicians.

I don't get the hate for Sarah, anytime I've seen or heard her, she comes across as very competent with a thorough knowledge of the issue being discussed and tries to get to the point without beating around the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Girly Gal wrote: »
    I don't get the hate for Sarah, anytime I've seen or heard her, she comes across as very competent with a thorough knowledge of the issue being discussed and tries to get to the point without beating around the bush.

Same. I think she's one of the underrated interviewers, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

I think it's more to do with the fact she's a woman. Plenty of men feel a female presenters job is just to sit there, look pretty and occasionally titter out a softball question, they just don't like the thought of a woman challenging a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

ypres5 wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with the fact she's a woman. Plenty of men feel a female presenters job is just to sit there, look pretty and occasionally titter out a softball question, they just don't like the thought of a woman challenging a man.

Or other men pointing that out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Eamon Horan, RTE sports guy on the news.

Just something about his head, he has an inexplicably annoying head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Miniature in stature. A colossal c*nt in personality and nature. Never worked a day in his life. Stealing a living from gaa county boards for years. Brown nosing media personalities and outlets to push his sordid show where he gets off on abusing average randomers feverishly like the little puddin knacker he is. Its snuff by any other definition. I'm assuming he treats people the way he does as he's on the spectrum or was tormented brutally by his equally piggish father. As thick and ignorant as is possibly comprehensible or conceivable.

Sent to the stands today after a "coming together", with the Antrim manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Ingrig Miley

Ingrig Miley

Bit of a ‘targar’ it’s been said.

She's retired now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Caitriona Perry

Totally shallow and a bit c*nty but I think it might be her weak jaw or long neck that puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Caitriona Perry

Totally shallow and a bit c*nty but I think it might be her weak jaw or long neck that puts me off.

Keelin Shanley's missed. Not a comment on Catriona, mores that Keelin felt like a friendly voice.

She's retired now

Did she go quietly……..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What’s that mean

What’s that mean

Targer would be a loud aggressive woman,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Caitriona Perry

Throw up a few pics there Brad Pitt and let us assess your jaw

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m no wokie but in 2021 you can’t judge a womans work on her appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I’m no wokie but in 2021 you can judge a womans work on her appearance

Can or can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

ypres5 wrote: »
    Throw up a few pics there Brad Pitt and let us assess your jaw

Sorry petal. I beg your pardon. I’ve a face like a chewed dog toy won’t post pics.

If it stops you from clutching your pearls I am sort of annoyed by Diarmuid Connolly and his big Desperate Dan jaw too.

.....pretty inexplicably as the thread suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Sorry petal. I beg your pardon. I’ve a face like a chewed dog toy won’t post pics.

If it stops you from clutching your pearls I am sort of annoyed by Diarmuid Connolly and his big Desperate Dan jaw too.

.....pretty inexplicably as the thread suggests.

Lots of explicable things to dislike about Connolly, on and off the pitch.

A very talented player, but not the goat as some claim, he was only at the top for a few years. No Ciaran Kilkenny or Con O'Callaghan, or outside Dublin Clifford, Peter Canavan, Maurice Fitzgerald, Matt Connor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

Girly Gal wrote: »

The title of this thread is "...who you inexplicably can't stand"

Why would you, or anyone, seek to understand, or rationalise, the inexplicable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The prick that calls himself Paddy Power....

An unmerciful c*nt if there ever was one....

He would sell his soul to promote paddy power....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Probably going to see Paul Mescals name all over the net again because of the Bafta. He comes across as an arrogant attention seeking ar*ehole.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Probably going to see Paul Mescals name all over the net again because of the Bafta. He comes across as an arrogant attention seeking ar*ehole.

Think if he'd never went to Ballyhaunis

• Advertisement

+1 on Doireann Garrihy. Nice to look at but insufferable otherwise.

Advertisement