Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jesus, this thread has moved from being a safe space for some angry men to obsess over harmless young Irish women and tv presenters trying to make a crust to one where extremely serious accusations are being made - children being exploited to make money for a family, now people with mental health issues being exploited to make money.

It has moved up a few notches in the hate stakes. It represents how awful a site Boards has become.

Lads have to vent Doc, lot of anger out there, so there is.

Place is full of tossers and dungbeetles, fcukers are everywhere.

Need to be taken down, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Jesus, this thread has moved from being a safe space for some angry men to obsess over harmless young Irish women and tv presenters trying to make a crust to one where extremely serious accusations are being made - children being exploited to make money for a family, now people with mental health issues being exploited to make money.

It has moved up a few notches in the hate stakes. It represents how awful a site Boards has become.

Seems to be a lot of hatred for Irelands Fittest family,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,588 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Seems to be a lot of hatred for Irelands Fittest family,

To be fair, I don’t think it’s the families, themselves, just the, successful, “presenters” that tend to draw the ire of some men on here.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Anthony Bourdain. I know he died.

I'm just in from work and the other half has him on (she doesn't like him either but is interested in West Texas).

"Oh god, not him"
    "I know, this episode will be over soon"

I enjoyed the book Kitchen Confidential but that was before I saw him on the telly.

To be fair, I don’t think it’s the families, themselves, just the, successful, “presenters” that tend to draw the ire of some men on here.

It doesn't bother me one way or another, sort of background noise, I would have figured O'Callaghan would have been the hate figure ,fake tan,dyed hair ,notions, the rest were harmless, Davy Fitz is like a miniature Jack Russell , snapping and barking but of little harm, the two girls seem okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Thank fuuherke for that, pal.

:eek:

Cody's a man's man. What you see is what you get. He's begrudged because of his success. A bit dour and humourless but no BS.

The Davy for all his roaring and bawling, talk of fitness and mental strength, let himself turn into a little fat tub of sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cody's a man's man. What you see is what you get. He's begrudged because of his success. A bit dour and humourless but no BS.

The Davy for all his roaring and bawling, talk of fitness and mental strength, let himself turn into a little fat tub of sh*te.

I’m sorry but your description of Davy has me in stitches laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

And yet, you're here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭John arse

yeah apparently at Halloween he dresses up as a barrel of Guinness?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Purple_Bear

Paul Murphy. He is obsessed with Marxism and sees everything through a very narrow prism. Completely uncompromising with an almost religious zeal. In my opinion, there's something not quite right with him.

• Advertisement

Paul Murphy. He is obsessed with Marxism and sees everything through a very narrow prism. Completely uncompromising with an almost religious zeal. In my opinion, there's something not quite right with him.

For every Paul Murphy there's one of these
    https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/members/member/Colm-Brophy.D.2016-10-03/

The shape of that even getting elected is bad enough never mind giving it a makey up ministry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

Davy is a fame junkie. He's the only intercounty manager I know of who had two tv shows airing at the same time, Ireland's Fittest Family and that other yoke where he was roaring at a few troubled young lads.

He also had that other show not too long ago with the blind young lad, allowing cameras into the Wexford camp, around the same time he appeared on Living with Lucy, where again he allowed a tv crew around the camp.

Other county teams aren't allowed to train on the same night as the hurlers at the Centre of Excellence if Davy says so, yet tv cameras are allowed in if he has a tv show to produce. When Wexford got to their first Leinster final under him, he had strict time-limits on reporters for the designated media night, and basically bullied me to finish my interview with one of the players abruptly when it ran slightly behind time, through no fault of my own. The little bollix was roaring at the player from behind me to hurry up when I was mid-question.

No other county manager has such a profile in the media. I have never even seen John Kiely speak aside from match-days, or feature on anything non-GAA related, unless Limerick have won the AI. Same goes for every other manager who have actually won All-Ireland's with his side. I dare say there is a large amount of people who only know Davy as a 'tv personality'.

He has also spent the last two days taking part in Wexford's Fittest Schools, an off-shoot of the TV show. Well I say taking part, roaring at the competitors in front of the camera more like. This despite having an important league game against KK today, and in the aftermath of the Covid controversy.

He has done a good job at Wexford on the whole, but he is a grade-A tosser.

He wa writing for one of the papers while he was managing i think both Waterford and Clare, think he might have even been on the Sunday Game at the same time. No other manager had/has been left do something lke that.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

That asshole in the McDonnell's Curry Sauce ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Davy is a fame junkie. He's the only intercounty manager I know of who had two tv shows airing at the same time, Ireland's Fittest Family and that other yoke where he was roaring at a few troubled young lads.

He also had that other show not too long ago with the blind young lad, allowing cameras into the Wexford camp, around the same time he appeared on Living with Lucy, where again he allowed a tv crew around the camp.

Other county teams aren't allowed to train on the same night as the hurlers at the Centre of Excellence if Davy says so, yet tv cameras are allowed in if he has a tv show to produce. When Wexford got to their first Leinster final under him, he had strict time-limits on reporters for the designated media night, and basically bullied me to finish my interview with one of the players abruptly when it ran slightly behind time, through no fault of my own. The little bollix was roaring at the player from behind me to hurry up when I was mid-question.

No other county manager has such a profile in the media. I have never even seen John Kiely speak aside from match-days, or feature on anything non-GAA related, unless Limerick have won the AI. Same goes for every other manager who have actually won All-Ireland's with his side. I dare say there is a large amount of people who only know Davy as a 'tv personality'.

He has also spent the last two days taking part in Wexford's Fittest Schools, an off-shoot of the TV show. Well I say taking part, roaring at the competitors in front of the camera more like. This despite having an important league game against KK today, and in the aftermath of the Covid controversy.

He has done a good job at Wexford on the whole, but he is a grade-A tosser.
    This is slanderous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,274 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is slanderous.

what part in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

This is slanderous.

No, it's not....maybe libellous.. but not slanderous.

This is slanderous.

It absolutely isn't. It is comment on entirely publicly available information.

Besides which, to be slanderous, the poster would have to be going around saying damaging falsehoods about a person. Your allegation is that it may be libellous, but I can promise you it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Geraldine Lynagh,who reads the TV3 news....think it’s the air of “trying too hard” or some such

I've grown to despise Boris, but i suppose that's not really inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've grown to despise Boris, but i suppose that's not really inexplicable.

What I dislike more about him is that he and his wife both know they are a pair of outright cûnts but couldn’t care less but have been since they got married on this PR charm offensive of supposed cutesy pics of this couple everywhere, every publication staring at each other with expressions on their faces like goats looking at a head of cabbage.... frightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

cms88 wrote: »
    He wa writing for one of the papers while he was managing i think both Waterford and Clare, think he might have even been on the Sunday Game at the same time. No other manager had/has been left do something lke that.

He was a media whore since the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Larbre34 wrote: »
    And yet, you're here.

With multiple accounts it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭cms88

YFlyer wrote: »
    He was a media whore since the 90s.

As I've said his whole career has been about luck. Was lucky to come along the the right time as a player for an unrepresented era for Clare that they never had before nor since.

Same with management. Most of the ground work was done for him in Waterford and came at a time when they need to a refresh. Won Munster in 2010 but the whole thing fell apart soon after. Had a great set of players in Clare when he took over and didn't do half as much a he should have. But that's overlooked becaue of the 2013 All-Ireland win, again as it turned out was somewhat lucky.

Things are going ok with Wexford at the moment but it's only a matter of time before he jumps ship there as well and more than likely one last big pay day with Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Fred Cooke

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

As I've said his whole career has been about luck. Was lucky to come along the the right time as a player for an unrepresented era for Clare that they never had before nor since.

Same with management. Most of the ground work was done for him in Waterford and came at a time when they need to a refresh. Won Munster in 2010 but the whole thing fell apart soon after. Had a great set of players in Clare when he took over and didn't do half as much a he should have. But that's overlooked becaue of the 2013 All-Ireland win, again as it turned out was somewhat lucky.

Things are going ok with Wexford at the moment but it's only a matter of time before he jumps ship there as well and more than likely one last big pay day with Dublin.

As long he never gets his grubby little stumps on the Clare job again I couldn't care less where he ends up. His anti-hurling, toxic corrosiveness lays waste to
    everything he touches. Its infective and harrowing. No good thing can come of it. Beauty dies at a radius. Flowers wither. Ancient temples crumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Luck only gets you so far

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Fred Cooke

Think that's pity

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭nialler1978

Have to say, that's extremely unlikely.

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Fred Cooke

I shouldn't worry, you probably won't see him ever again on a public stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I shouldn't worry, you probably won't see him ever again on a public stage.

How I wish that were true

Advertisement