Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Yesterday, I met a friend for a walk and then, we got a takeaway cup of tea from a local PUB and actually sat outside....at a patio table...in the sunshine and had ALL the chats....It was almost like old times :D:D:D

Then we took the kids on an afternoon out and got drowned...nature's way of keeping me grounded :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hahahaha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Have a great long weekend folks. Hopefully the weather holds and we can all get out and enjoy it.

Happy bank holiday everybody! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Had a lovely outdoor lunch with the OH then got my text with my vaccine appointment for Tuesday. Great day.

• Advertisement

Tscul that's great news!

Happy Friday everyone! I forgot it's a bank holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Bank Holiday :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So I’ve been keeping a secret….

For the past 3 years myself and Mrs Loughc have been trying very hard to have a baby. We’ve unfortunately had to go through 2 full rounds of IVF and 2 embryo transfers later I can proudly now say we are 3 months pregnant.

The best part of all this our baby is currently due Christmas Eve. Could not be a more perfect Christmas present.

Someone up there is pulling for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

For the past 3 years myself and Mrs Loughc have been trying very hard to have a baby. We’ve unfortunately had to go through 2 full rounds of IVF and 2 embryo transfers later I can proudly now say we are 3 months pregnant.

The best part of all this our baby is currently due Christmas Eve. Could not be a more perfect Christmas present.

Outstanding news. Big congratulations to you both!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Congratulations!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congratulations :) Id say you’re both on cloud 9 :)

Delighted it's finally happened for ye. :):) xx

If it's a girl and she arrives on time, Eve will be the perfect name. :D

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What fantastic news, Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

That is amazing news!!! Christmas baby as well makes it so special. Congratulations to you and Mrs Loughc. Start grooming a new mod, you're diary is going to get very full

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh LoughC, that is just such amazing news!!! I'm absolutely delighted for you and your wife (we were on the same wedding thread a few years ago :) )!! Wishing you guys a happy, healthy pregnancy and a a gorgeous little bundle of joy come Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

So much congratulations to you both and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with us here.

Delighted for you is not the word :)

That's lovely news loughc. Congratulations.

Now Christmas kids names....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »

Thats a new thread methinks!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Christmas Jones in james bond

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It also dawned on me… I get to be SANTY now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Congratulations Loughc all that extra Christmas magic to look forward to with the little one

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Such brilliant news Loughc,:D congratulations to you both and may you have many joyful Christmases to come with the little one :)

This has made Christmas for me amazing again. I was went through a phase of disliking Christmas, I was young, broke, was working (and studying) in dunnes storeroom and hated the repeated songs. Becoming a dad/santa made it special again. I am now on my second round of being santa as my eldest is a non believer and my youngest is just getting it.

I've just realised that this Christmas might be my last Santy Christmas. Youngest will turn 10 2 weeks after the big day. So next year will be almost 11 and will probably be past it. All his friends are youngest in their families too so odds are they'll be too knowledgeable.
    That's making me a little non cheerful.

:)

A bit of advice from a seasoned Santy - BATTERIES

And put together everything well in advance. Damn john deere tractor nearly killed me (it was actually me not reading the instructions correctly but not what you need on Christmas eve)

I think DvB will echo this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Delighted for you both, Loughc and Mrs Loughc !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Jude13 wrote: »

A friends of mine had a Christmas Baby girl and called her Holly !

Advertisement