Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

So just tidying up a couple last minute work things and then laptop is off till Monday week :)

Probably wouldn't be online much as taking a 'screen break' as much as possible for the time that I am off. Might pop the head in the odd time, to see what it going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    So just tidying up a couple last minute work things and then laptop is off till Monday week :)

Probably wouldn't be online much as taking a 'screen break' as much as possible for the time that I am off. Might pop the head in the odd time, to see what it going on.

Enjoy the break!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Posy wrote: »
    That's great! :D
    Hope you're feeling okay.

I can't wait to have the first dose over and done with tomorrow afternoon. :)

So far feeling okay, bit tired but would be feeling that anyway!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    So far feeling okay, bit tired but would be feeling that anyway!!!

Hope your doing ok, keep us posted on how you're getting on.

I'm getting the second vaccine on Friday and am supposed to go into work on Sunday for a few hours and hope I'm not dying.

Sore arm has kicked in, not as sore as it was for the first one, so far anyway. Other than that feel okay tbh. On site for a meeting in the morning and under pressure to get some bits done so hopeful I avoid the flu symptoms a few friends and colleagues got on the 2nd jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Interested to see how you are tomorrow. My husband had his 2nd on a Friday and was fine. Arm a little tender on friday night and Saturday. Then he conked out on the sofa at 2pm on Saturday. Had to send him to bed for the afternoon. Was grand after that though. I'm due my 2nd next week. Will be 4 weeks on Tuesday but no appointment yet - Helix too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They are closing the Helix vaccination centre in a couple of weeks, so anybody getting their first jab around now will have to get their second out in the National Show Centre in Cloghran.

Slept well last night & feel fine so far this morning, upper arm a little tender but nowhere as bad as it was after the first jab still. Have a site meeting this morning so will see how I feel after that but so far so good.

I'm vaccinated! \o/

FTR, felt nothing more than the sore upper arm for the 2nd jab and even that's gone now. All good...took the kids hurling training tonight and felt normal so looks like that's that for me and the vaccines. Happy days.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    FTR, felt nothing more than the sore upper arm for the 2nd jab and even that's gone now. All good...took the kids hurling training tonight and felt normal so looks like that's that for me and the vaccines. Happy days.

Cool. OH must be a bit of a baby. Or just fancied a Saturday afternoon nap and had a handy excuse!

tscul32 wrote: »
    Cool. OH must be a bit of a baby. Or just fancied a Saturday afternoon nap and had a handy excuse!

I genuinely laughed out loud at that.

My Mrs had already warned me that just because we'd heard others had felt symptoms after their 2nd jab that I wasn't to assume I would too & plan for a handy day :pac: All messing aside, I was fine but have heard from others that genuinely struggled for a day or 2 after it.

See Stephen Donnelly has announced from next week 18-34 year olds can get the Janssen jab from participating pharmacies... the rollout is flying now, brilliant to see.

Planning on having a big extended family BBQ once all adults are fully vaccinated. Myself and my sister should get our 2nd jabs next week but the baby is only 32. Thankfully it sounds like he might be sorted in the next few weeks and we can put a plan in place.

Reason to be cheerful.
    Just back from a lovely family meal out. Having a great time, lots of laughing and the boys were not bickering for once. Then the waiter came over to tell us that someone had paid our bill (over €100!). They said they'd just had some really good news that had been a long time coming and picked our table to pay for because we looked like such a nice family having a wonderful evening.
    Made my evening with the compliment alone, never mind paying the bill.
    Left a big tip and will pay it forward somehow.

Oh wow, that's lovely, tscul! :)

tscul32 wrote: »
    Reason to be cheerful.
    Just back from a lovely family meal out. Having a great time, lots of laughing and the boys were not bickering for once. Then the waiter came over to tell us that someone had paid our bill (over €100!). They said they'd just had some really good news that had been a long time coming and picked our table to pay for because we looked like such a nice family having a wonderful evening.
    Made my evening with the compliment alone, never mind paying the bill.
    Left a big tip and will pay it forward somehow.

Thats unreal. Sounds like a cracking night with the family too.

Yeah, was a bit strange. You hear of these things happening but to be part of it was a bit different. Nice to think that there are people out there that just want to share their happiness/good luck, whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^ That made me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Got my second vaccine on Friday and I've been grand over the whole weekend.
    I know most people feel a little lousy after getting it but please don't let that put you off.
    A few more weeks and most restrictions will be lifted and we can get back to talking about Christmas most of the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got my car insurance quote today €946.Daylight robbery.

Rang around and got it for 451.Much cheaper than last year even!

• Advertisement

Happy Friday peeps... stunning weekend of weather ahead by all accounts so I'll be more than happy to unchain myself from the desk around 4pm today & get into shorts & a t-shirt and relax in the gorgeous heat & sunshine (may even have a beverage!!) Short week for me next week too as I finish up on Thursday before heading West with the family on Friday for a week... not back in work until the Tuesday after the August b/h weekend... bliss! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It's absolutely roasting here already! Kids already out in the paddling pool! We're heading to Tayto Park on Monday so really looking forward to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just got my second vaccine, only 8 days late, nurse told me system said I should have been done last week, which I knew anyway but strange that system said it too. 🍾🤬🍾

Either way, done now, & in 7 days will be safe as they come!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Cracker of a day and it’s Friday 😁😁

Cheers all!

Got my 2nd vaccine on Thursday (nice birthday present), only 9 days later than my 4 weeks. But it's done now and thankfully no side effects cos my and the OH are on a quick night away (no kids with us) in Belfast. Hit 28 degrees here today, absolutely gorgeous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I had a few of these last night in the sun too. Glorious.

As much as I love the cold clear winter days we associate with Christmas you can't beat a cold beer on a day like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

2nd vaccination received this morning. Stiffness in my arm starting to take effect but was expecting that as had it with the first, other than that feeling grand. Got mine 4 days before I would have been due.

Advertisement