Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Yeah noticed that. Maybe he actually was on the beer during work like the military accusation was?

I hate those drinking sessions that lead to over 100 people witnessing a flying saucer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Just seen this on Above Top Secret. Interesting.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/d8C6poPVdsSq/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    I hate those drinking sessions that lead to over 100 people witnessing a flying saucer

You have sceptics suggesting that pilots, radar operators and even former presidents are mistaking unknown objects for seagulls, balloons and light artifacts. I think the sceptics have moved from the beer to the crack pipe to be honest. Do they ever stop and think that the things they're suggesting make little sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You have sceptics suggesting that pilots, radar operators and even former presidents are mistaking unknown objects for seagulls, balloons and light artifacts. I think the sceptics have moved from the beer to the crack pipe to be honest. Do they ever stop and think that the things they're suggesting make little sense?

Iv said it countless times its bluff but just a different one and its working ,
    It's brilliant what there doing ,

For decades the military have been trying to hide there testing & people have been shouting UFO when they seen them & the governments have taken the stance of there's nothing to see here nothing was in the sky ,

There just going the other way now & saying oh god ye we see that two and we have no idea what it is , They do because its them

Why is there not one decent picture ? Do you seriously think they couldn't get a single decent photo ?
    You want us to believe they are seeing these things all the time on radar and haven't put everything into getting a good photo, come off it

Iv said it countless times its bluff but just a different one and its working ,
    It's brilliant what there doing ,

For decades the military have been trying to hide there testing & people have been shouting UFO when they seen them & the governments have taken the stance of there's nothing to see here nothing was in the sky ,

There just going the other way now & saying oh god ye we see that two and we have no idea what it is , They do because its them

Why is there not one decent picture ? Do you seriously think they couldn't get a single decent photo ?
    You want us to believe they are seeing these things all the time on radar and haven't put everything into getting a good photo, come off it

I don't want you to believe anything.

The senior radar operator on the Nimitz stated that radar data indicated that these unknown aircraft accelerated to 80,000 feet per second instantly. At one point the object in the Nimitz encounter moved towards another point 40 miles away in a second. It isn't surprising they wouldn't get a clear picture of that. They have radar data and FLIR imaging which gives us far more data about these things.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I don't want you to believe anything.

The senior radar operator on the Nimitz stated that radar data indicated that these unknown aircraft accelerated to 80,000 feet per second instantly. At one point the object in the Nimitz encounter moved towards another point 40 miles away in a second. It isn't surprising they wouldn't get a clear picture of that. They have radar data and FLIR imaging which gives us far more data about these things.

"Accelerated " so was not always going at that speed ,

How much is the aul military budget these days & they can't get a clear picture of something in there Air space , Ye but that's a no from me dog !!!!!!!

"Accelerated " so was not always going at that speed ,

How much is the aul military budget these days & they can't get a clear picture of something in there Air space , Ye but that's a no from me dog !!!!!!!

It's spelled daaaawg

Pentagon spokesperson questioned again this evening about the report.

https://twitter.com/KikPlenty/status/1399804168597037061?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

One of the biggest arguments against any previous contact from Aliens is the fact that trump didn't release info on twitter. No chance that he wouldn't have mentioned it as it would have been a big vote winner for him (Others hiding the truth from them etc).

For me these UFOs are secret military projects etc that are testing other miltary sides defences.
    I don't believe that aliens are smart enough to fly through space but cant remain hidden from our puny technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I don’t think they would’ve given trump the “full story” regardless

The security agencies had a very low opinion of him from day 1

Presidents don't get briefed on everything. Only the essentials and what they ask for. Otherwise they'd be sitting in briefings all day. When I was employed by the DOE there were thousands of projects (black or unclassified, with or without oversight) that were carried out. Very little of what was worked on went all of the way to the top. Even the DOE's nuclear (weapons or energy) programs in Los Alamos.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Trump (if he was even briefed on UFOs) likely signed a disclosure agreement promising not to disclose such secret info.

All past Presidents refuse to speak about what they know during interviews, which is likely as much as the Pentagon i.e Not much judging from recent reports.

I doubt Trump could have been trusted with anything and was only briefed on the surface details. Trump is the kind of guy to release a "deathbed disclosure" maybe we'll get that.

Was it not Trump who signed off for this report to be carried out and also introduced space force? Maybe I'm just putting 2 + 2 together but all this has blown up since shortly after his presidency. Perhaps the grips of secrecy loosened a bit after the previous administrations' (Obama, Bush etc.) similar approach

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There’s no way the security/intelligence agencies were trusting the Donald with the “real full story”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There’s no way the security/intelligence agencies were trusting the Donald with the “real full story”

Why assume there even is a full story? I love how everyone, even the sceptics, just assume that the Americans are telling the truth here and not simply making all this up. Why is this only coming from exclusively American sources? Am I the only person who thinks that's a bit suspicious?

Everyone is discussing the videos and witness testimony as if it's factual but we have no way to be sure of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Onion Bahji

Fake News

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Aliens lads really? I'm after smoking 3 Harry's in the last 45 minutes and even in my stoned state this is a bit of a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

MadYaker wrote: »
    I love how everyone, even the sceptics, just assume that the Americans are telling the truth here and not simply making all this up. Why is this only coming from exclusively American sources? Am I the only person who thinks that's a bit suspicious?

Everyone is discussing the videos and witness testimony as if it's factual but we have no way to be sure of that.

There are of course worldwide accounts of unknown aerial phenomon going back decades, if not longer, but this report to Congress will presumably concentrate on data collected within the United States? Skeptics will say FAKE NEWS, believers will say Aliens, Jesus freaks will say it's divine intervention by God ... but then, if you can stand back, listen to the evidence, watch Cmdr Alex Dietrich or Chad Underwood or Dave Fravor being interviewed, listen to ex President Obama & just entertain the idea that when you discount 90% of sightings as explainable & identifiable, there is still about 10% of stuff that is head scratching.

I think it was Dietrich who said that if one of these things was to land on the Whitehouse lawn skeptics would still not accept it as being real.

Personally I think the report will show that there is indeed some kind of unknown aerial phenomon which has been captured on film and witnessed by many professional people, but I suspect that's as far as they can or will go at this stage (because they don't know what it is themselves).

By the way, I don't think it's aliens from another world, but there's something buzzing around up there and it ain't bees!

• Advertisement

I see Neil deGrasse Tyson saying the same thing Iv been saying that in this day age to claim these thing and not have a single good photo is ridicules & nonsense ,

Even the likes of goggle satellites would pick them up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I see Neil deGrasse Tyson saying the same thing Iv been saying that in this day age to claim these thing and not have a single good photo is ridicules & nonsense ,

Satellites would most likely not pick them up. When you zoom in on google maps, you're looking at aerial photography from aircraft, the satellite imagery can only see so much detail.

I've said it before but the US probably have better quality images that they haven't released to the public. Blurry images and radar/night vision images are obtuse enough that you can put the information out without causing widespread panic, which is likely what you would achieve by disclosing high definition photographs of something you can't explain.

Edit to add: I haven't got much time for Neil deGrasse Tyson. He's a condescending know it all who puts his opinion out as fact and people eat it up because he's a celebrity scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think it would hurt the ego of any Astrophysicist to find out there’s much more to learn beyond the textbooks they dedicated their life’s too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Edit to add: I haven't got much time for Neil deGrasse Tyson. He's a condescending know it all who puts his opinion out as fact and people eat it up because he's a celebrity scientist.

Fair enough, but that's also an adequate definition for the higher echelons of the United States Department of Defense up in the Pentagon.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

There was something a few years back about UFOs around Boyle co roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

~ The New York Times ~

Why Are We Talking About U.F.O.s Right Now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/ufos-report.html

This caught my attention...

John Brennan, the former director of the C.I.A., said in a podcast last year that some of the unexplained sightings might be “some type of phenomenon that is the result of something that we don’t yet understand and that could involve some type of activity that some might say constitutes a different form of life.”

A newly discovered Earthbound form of life?
    A fantastic & totally amazing discovery (if true), and certainly more plausible than Aliens from planet Zog.

Report next week.

My guess it will be Friday week (11th), the day news gets buried.
    https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1400484195890311181?s=20

Pentagon spokesperson questioned again this evening.. he was sorry he had to leave early!
    https://youtu.be/hf3FWH356Ms

• Advertisement

So the classified annex of the report has been seen by some military officials who have leaked conclusions to the New York Times.

The report states that while the government have no evidence that what is observed are from another planet they have no evidence for what they are. They do know that they are not secret US technology nor are they likely from foreign governments.

The report confirms that the collective behaviour observed doesn't fit with what we know about traditional aircraft nor can weather balloons explain all of these cases.

Speaking as a scientist this is huge. The last report on UFOs the US released was Project Bluebook. It basically stated that these were misidentifications. This report states there's objects flying in the sky that can't be explained by weather balloons, foreign adversaries or secret US technology. The report states there's objects exhibiting unexplainable acceleration, speed, maneuverability and ability to submerge under water flying around US airspace.

U.S. Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects, but Can’t Rule It Out, Either

The report concedes that much about the observed phenomena remains difficult to explain, including their acceleration, as well as ability to change direction and submerge. One possible explanation — that the phenomena could be weather balloons or other research balloons — does not hold up in all cases, the officials said, because of changes in wind speed at the times of some of the interactions.

Advertisement