Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Anyone been out to the Radisson in the last few days, is it still very busy? mrs had to reschedule her appointment for last Friday, hasn’t heard anything back as yet

Was there Saturday - my person said there was 1700 people booked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,669 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Berty wrote: »
    I don't know about transport but it was in full swing for a few weeks, is open but not as busy these days (I live in Parteen so pass it a few times a day). It was essentially medical people getting vaccinated(maybe others). I understand they were doctors/nurses etc vital to the rollout to the public so needed to be vacinnated first.

Both staff and service users of some health departments in Limerick. Transport would have been provided for the users. I would say they are all done or nearly by now though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What's the story with getting a test done now.
    Can a person simply drive to the Ballysimon centre or is an appointment needed.?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

It was walk/drive in on Monday. I'm pretty sure it still is, simply because of the hack, the GP referral software is down. There's one at St. Joseph's now as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

washman3 wrote: »
    What's the story with getting a test done now.
    Can a person simply drive to the Ballysimon centre or is an appointment needed.?

Walk in No appointment needed.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/covid-19-walk-in-test-centres.html

Limerick
    Unit 6D Eastpoint Business Park,
    Ballysimon Road,
    Limerick
    V94 KN73
    Open Saturday 29, Sunday 30 and Monday 31 May, 8am to 4pm.

Limerick City Covid Walk In Testing Centre,
    St Joseph's Hospital Grounds,
    3 Mulgrave Street,
    Co. Limerick,
    V94 N4C0
    Open 11am to 6.15pm every day until 2 June.

I edited the post they changed the hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I saw a bus last night called the 302SB as well so I assume that is the 302 extended to the Radisson

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I saw a bus last night called the 302SB as well so I assume that is the 302 extended to the Radisson

I haven't taken it but if the reports are to be believe then it's not an extension, it's a special service. It departs the bus station and goes to the Radisson with stops at Henry street (dunnes) JFK, Jetland and coonagh roundabout

I haven't taken it but if the reports are to be believe then it's not an extension, it's a special service. It departs the bus station and goes to the Radisson with stops at Henry street (dunnes) JFK, Jetland and coonagh roundabout

Saw it leaving the Radisson just now and this one had no number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭adaminho

Passed the bus today. It's labelled as 0 Shuttle Bus. It's €1.68 for a leap card, €2.20 for cash or free for Travel pass.

• Advertisement

adaminho wrote: »
    Passed the bus today. It's labelled as 0 Shuttle Bus. It's €1.68 for a leap card, €2.20 for cash or free for Travel pass.

How did you find out the price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭adaminho

breezy1985 wrote: »
    How did you find out the price ?
    The shuttle service costs as little as €1.68 for customer who have a leap card. Free travel passes and TFI leap cards will also be accepted on this service.

It's in the leader article.

adaminho wrote: »
    It's in the leader article.

Great thanks. I couldnt remember whether or not I read something that said it was free but I could just have easily been dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seems the Radisson is staying open as a vaccination centre along with the racecourse, should belt through it now.
    Very busy in the Radisson this evening.

Poorside wrote: »
    Seems the Radisson is staying open as a vaccination centre along with the racecourse, should belt through it now.
    Very busy in the Radisson this evening.

Probably more to do with the Raddison reopening and therefore having less capacity maybe?

Probably more to do with the Raddison reopening and therefore having less capacity maybe?

The Radisson is staying as a vaccination centre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The Radisson is staying as a vaccination centre.
    Have you got any official confirmation of this? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was out there last Saturday getting my first jab and I was told that my second jab in 4 weeks time would be given at the racecourse.

Have you got any official confirmation of this? I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Know someone working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Which of the vaccines have they been administering to the 45-50 age range of people in limerick does anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's either Pfizer or Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭manna452121

bazz26 wrote: »
    I was out there last Saturday getting my first jab and I was told that my second jab in 4 weeks time would be given at the racecourse.
    Check this https://healthservice.hse.ie/healthcare-delivery/ul-hospitals-group/ulh-blogs/limerick-vaccination-centre-to-relocate-from-radisson-blu-hotel-to-limerick-racecourse.html

Which of the vaccines have they been administering to the 45-50 age range of people in limerick does anybody know?

Seems to be mainly Moderna at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

bazz26 wrote: »

Was told the same two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jeremiah Jobling

Anyone have any experience of rescheduling, and how long you will wait for a new appointment? Could it mean getting a different vaccine? Just got an appointment for Friday, Pfizer vaccine and the time doesn't really suit but trying to figure out a way to make it if rescheduling is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi,

I had to reschedule twice!!
    First appointment was Saturday, replied “New” … got next appointment for Sunday the next day… had to reschedule again as we were away for the weekend, 3rd appointment was for next day Monday, so incredibly efficient!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jeremiah Jobling

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had to reschedule twice!!
    First appointment was Saturday, replied “New” … got next appointment for Sunday the next day… had to reschedule again as we were away for the weekend, 3rd appointment was for next day Monday, so incredibly efficient!

Thanks Moby. We've plans for the weekend also, was hoping they'd be slightly less efficient for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It opened today for age group 40-45 but those 40 can still register online today anyway(meant to have been Sunday), I did anyway. I expect those ages 41-45 will be ahead of me in appointments but at least you can register today for entire age cohort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Seems to be mainly Moderna at the minute
    I'm getting Pfizer on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭timesnewroman

I'm getting Pfizer on Friday.

I'm getting Pfizer this week as well.

Advertisement