Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

mitresize5 wrote: »
    St Munchins is closed a week at this stage for summer holidays and there was no outbreak there before hand

JFK is closed all week due to an outbreak

And the hairdressers is in the city centre and is called after a little ball game we all played in the 80's

JFK is definitely NOT closed all week due to an outbreak.

It was closed last Friday for one day, all pupils and staff tested and from that testing 2 positive cases were identified AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

breezy1985 wrote: »
    There will be no local lockdown because Clare and Tipp are low. The keep mentioning all 3 together and I bet if the 3 were high there would be a mid west lockdown but if they just do Limerick the city will clear out to west Clare and the east of the county would jump the border for pints

And the likes of Corbally and Shannon the amount of travel between them and Limerick, you'd realistically have to lock it all down on account of kilfinane it completely defies logic

That's why I think this govt will approve such a measure, if it made sense they wouldn't bother

rok wrote: »
    JFK is definitely NOT closed all week due to an outbreak.

It was closed last Friday for one day, all pupils and staff tested and from that testing 2 positive cases were identified AFAIK.

JFK is a pretty big school, right? 2 cases is nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Watch all the curtain peepers and finger wagers here, Jesus Christ if ye had ye're way we'd be in lockdown forever. Who gives a **** what the numbers are once hospital admissions stay at manageable levels?
    Time to start living ppl, the kids have the right idea, most don't get sick from this and they've been locked up for long enough.Tony has ye all brain washed!
    Vaccines are working.
    Get over it or stay in your bedrooms.....

Watch all the curtain peepers and finger wagers here, Jesus Christ if ye had ye're way we'd be in lockdown forever. Who gives a **** what the numbers are once hospital admissions stay at manageable levels?
    Time to start living ppl, the kids have the right idea, most don't get sick from this and they've been locked up for long enough.Tony has ye all brain washed!
    Vaccines are working.

You don't need to be worried about curtain peepers, it's the eejits in Dublin making our laws you need to be worried about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Vaccines are working.
    great post.
    Finally, some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

The Leaving Cert starts next week.....my son has worked really hard and is sitting most of his exams. If he's a close contact, all that work is for nothing. I know there is still accredited grades but well how 'fair' are some of those going to be. My point is the rising numbers do matter to some of us. We're are all laying low in this household at least till the LC is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Limerick City North
    Kilfinane
    Adare

They are the hotspots
    I don't know why this has been censored on the airwaves. When it was in Donegal, the area it was in was named and treated accordingly.

This morning you had Dr Rent a Quote from NCW on Morning Ireland giving her usual tuppence, and the numbers in NCW are actually very very low! She never misses an opportunity to be heard tho, the same one.

Personally, I'd build a wall around Kilfinane and starve the bastids for what they have done to us all!!!
    (obvs I am being facetious re this, but you get the point!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Watch all the curtain peepers and finger wagers here, Jesus Christ if ye had ye're way we'd be in lockdown forever. Who gives a **** what the numbers are once hospital admissions stay at manageable levels? Time to start living ppl, the kids have the right idea, most don't get sick from this and they've been locked up for long enough.Tony has ye all brain washed! Vaccines are working. Get over it or stay in your bedrooms.....

Letting the virus run rampant, even asymptomaticly is not the best idea for multiple reasons, not least of which is the risk of mutation.

There is a huge difference between mass gatherings, indoor parties and locking people in bedrooms.

The middle ground is all that's needed..

If people just uses a little cop on, smaller groups, have a few drinks, mix outside as much as possible then there would be no problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,024 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Limerick City North
    Kilfinane
    Adare

They are the hotspots
    I don't know why this has been censored on the airwaves. When it was in Donegal, the area it was in was named and treated accordingly.

What's the story with City North ?
    The only LEA data I can find is from back on the 11th

• Advertisement

Limerick City North
    Kilfinane
    Adare

They are the hotspots

This morning you had Dr Rent a Quote from NCW on Morning Ireland giving her usual tuppence, and the numbers in NCW are actually very very low! She never misses an opportunity to be heard tho, the same one.

Personally, I'd build a wall around Kilfinane and starve the bastids for what they have done to us all!!!
    (obvs I am being facetious re this, but you get the point!)

How do you know they are hotspots? Covid data for specific LEAs hasn't been available since the HSE hack

May Manix was just on Limerick today saying that people are doing a great job presenting for testing and that all active cases are being traced effectively, the numbers are high but the response has been good from the public

Sounds like a lockdown might be off the cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

All this lockdown talk is just nonsense, what compliance do they think they would achieve if it did happen? I'd guess somewhere between 0 & 0.

It doesn't matter if we had 1k cases in the last fortnight, they have not translated to hospitalisations. Case numbers are completely irrelevant at this point, game over.

All this lockdown talk is just nonsense, what compliance do they think they would achieve if it did happen? I'd guess somewhere between 0 & 0.

It doesn't matter if we had 1k cases in the last fortnight, they have not translated to hospitalisations. Case numbers are completely irrelevant at this point, game over.

In terms of hospitalisation though the news on the Delta/India variant from the UK is not good so the situation still has the ability to turn fast.

I don't think we will see any local lockdown here but it would be no harm if people in Limerick could stop having indoor gatherings for a little bit

How do we get these numbers under control without lockdown?

I think if we get testing centres, Antigen tests and vaccines to the people living in the hotspots I think it's achievable without a lockdown... Anybody else with a suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I think if we get testing centres, Antigen tests and vaccines to the people living in the hotspots I think it's achievable without a lockdown... Anybody else with a suggestion?

Take your local lockdown, put it in your school bag and JOG ON!

Why would you get vaccines to the hotspots ?
    By the time the antibodies kick in that hotspot would most likely have dissipated and somewhere new will be the problem.

Its Kilfinane ffs not Southwark I'm sure if everyone just calms down for a few days and makes use of the walk in centre it will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

By the time the antibodies kick in that hotspot would most likely have dissipated and somewhere new will be the problem.

Its Kilfinane ffs not Southwark I'm sure if everyone just calms down for a few days and makes use of the walk in centre it will be fine

Anyway the hotspots centre around schools and the vaccine is not open to that age group

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Turn off social media and TV and just get on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

It's called learning to live with the virus, and case numbers are no longer relevant because they will fluctuate anyway as things open up. There are 80 people in hospital nationwide out of a population of 5 million. Threats of lockdown are pointless because there will be no compliance with any if they are imposed, that time has been and gone now and is never coming back.

Take your local lockdown, put it in your school bag and JOG ON!

I'd do much worse to a local lockdown if it was a physical thing I could touch lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Kilfinane is a bit different.

Car99 wrote: »
    Kilfinane is a bit different.

It was just an example but my point was all the hotspots keep moving. All it takes is a party or 2 to jump an LEA up as the numbers are that small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

It was just an example but my point was all the hotspots keep moving. All it takes is a party or 2 to jump an LEA up as the numbers are that small

It's a load of toss local lock downs in a country the size of ireland ffs , they should focus on the vaccination roll out all the rest is distraction at this stage. People are aware of what they should be doing what more can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Mc Love wrote: »
    One case had 50 close contacts from a hairdressers? Is there any hairdresser that big? Bellisimo is the only one of that size

Niall Colgan? Peter Marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

YFlyer wrote: »
    Niall Colgan? Peter Marks?

It's Marbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

The Leaving Cert starts next week.....my son has worked really hard and is sitting most of his exams. If he's a close contact, all that work is for nothing. I know there is still accredited grades but well how 'fair' are some of those going to be. My point is the rising numbers do matter to some of us. We're are all laying low in this household at least till the LC is over.

Even if he was a close contact surely there is an option to sit the exam at a later date?
    If he's a close contact through school then what can you do, there's a reason the accredited grades are here and should remain to be honest is a way better system with no pressure on one silly exam.
    Best of luck for it next week hope all goes wellðŸ‘

Poorside wrote: »
    It's Marbles.

No major surprise there from what I saw outside the door last Friday... No masks or distancing in the queue and the women practically shouting in each others faces... They obviously thought the pandemic was over and got a bad bout of reality thrown at them

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

No major surprise there from what I saw outside the door last Friday... No masks or distancing in the queue and the women practically shouting in each others faces... They obviously thought the pandemic was over and got a bad bout of reality thrown at them

Ok Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Given the current infection level in Limerick and conjectured for the City and Northside in particular.
    I am little disgusted to say the least, to SSE Airtricity out and about doing Door to Door sales in Caherdavin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Despite rumours to the contrary from a poster on here, the racecourse vaccination center is to open on Tuesday with the last vaccinations to be administered at the Radisson on Saturday.
    https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/news/638924/details-of-limerick-s-new-covid-19-vaccination-centre-confirmed.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Advertisement