Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I wondered why other cities haven't seen this rise as well but maybe it's more visible because limerick was reasonable under control.
    Yes I have proof there was a number of parties and yes I know it created a lot of close contacts which resulted in positive students going to schools.
    I have nothing against Muslims, not a thing! Eid has had a number of positive for the city as well. I believe part of the festive is to give something back to your community and they cleaned the parks as part of there celebrations. The fact of the matter is they had parties, the virus was transmitted, carried it into schools and work places and now we have a spike in numbers! How that's me creating an easy target I don't know

And did you report them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

My Mam registered for her vaccine, she's 61 and still no appointment. Is that unusual?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

yop wrote: »
    And did you report them then?

It's in the HSE system. Nothing to do with me. I'm only relaying what I know as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Apt8 wrote: »
    My Mam registered for her vaccine, she's 61 and still no appointment. Is that unusual?

Yes, she should call up the number.

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone: 01 240 8787

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, she should call up the number.

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone: 01 240 8787

When checking with the HSE make sure they check and confirm the eircode, I know of two cases that were delayed due to an incorrect eircode.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

phog wrote: »
    When checking with the HSE make sure they check and confirm the eircode, I know of two cases that were delayed due to an incorrect eircode.

Thats a key point. There are side cases where there are very similar names of people from the same town and same age where they aren't been picked up. The automation will get so far but then its down to the manual validation teams to review those who have not been picked up for vaccines.

So ring them and make sure you give them every detail and double check it.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I had to bring the young fella for a test this morning, a cough appeared out of nowhere.
    It's very handy that you don't have to go through your GP and wait for an appointment, although it was very busy in Ballysimon this morning around half ten.
    They tested me as well, wasn't expecting that, but I suppose if he's positive I'd be tested anyway, and if were both negative better again.
    Due my second vaccine shot on Thursday too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,022 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Why don't you ask the HSE? They're the ones who mentioned house partys and Eid celebrations as the causes of the spike.

Maybe try not getting so indignant while ignoring the facts.

I saw that since. I just couldn't figure out how Eid and the house parties only affected Limerick but I guess the other counties just got lucky.

Sorry previous events have made me very cynical about these stories without sources

How long ago did she register

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

breezy1985 wrote: »
    How long ago did she register

Not long after she was eligible to register. I'll get her to give them a ring might be some issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mulgrave st. testing centre to re-open on Wednesday for 5 days.

https://twitter.com/Limerick_Leader/status/1396865972544311307

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I saw that since. I just couldn't figure out how Eid and the house parties only affected Limerick but I guess the other counties just got lucky.

Sorry previous events have made me very cynical about these stories without sources

We're taking about an increase of 15-20 cases, that's 1 Eid event and one student house party

It could happen anywhere Limerick just got unlucky

Not long after she was eligible to register. I'll get her to give them a ring might be some issue.

Hopefully they can fit her straight in. 5 days average turn round seems normal among people I know

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭topcat72

Registered Monday 17th , got notice Sunday night for vaccine in radisson tomorrow Wednesday 26th , Pfizer, thankfully so no long intermission between shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

topcat72 wrote: »
    Registered Monday 17th , got notice Sunday night for vaccine in radisson tomorrow Wednesday 26th , Pfizer, thankfully so no long intermission between shots.

Hi All, the above got me curious - Is this the expected timeframe between registering and getting the appointment tet for the vaccine?

Could people please post with their own experience of this?

Just very curious as to when I'll be called in.

Thanks.

adaminho wrote: »

Hopefully that'll shut the gowls up who were whinging about having to walk across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Hi All, the above got me curious - Is this the expected timeframe between registering and getting the appointment tet for the vaccine?

Could people please post with their own experience of this?

Just very curious as to when I'll be called in.

Thanks.

I registered last Friday, got a text yesterday evening with an appointment scheduled for this coming Saturday. I'm getting the Moderna rna.

Hopefully that'll shut the gowls up who were whinging about having to walk across the road.

I was "one of those Gowls" just cause I don't want to walk my disabled sister across a dual carriageway! It only took 3 months to sort it!

I was "one of those Gowls" just cause I don't want to walk my disabled sister across a dual carriageway! It only took 3 months to sort it!

Did you actually have to do that ?
    It's bad form if people with disabilities were not accommodated in GPs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The vaccine rollout was underway in the centres for quite a while before GPs started.
    I was vaccinated in March and even then GPs weren't vaccinating so if you were without a way to safely access the centre it was risky enough getting there.

banie01 wrote: »
    The vaccine rollout was underway in the centres for quite a while before GPs started.
    I was vaccinated in March and even then GPs weren't vaccinating so if you were without a way to safely access the centre it was risky enough getting there.

I always thought the GPs were first as they were doing the 80/90+ group. The only people I knew who came before that were healthcare staff done in the hospital

The Irish Wheelchairs managed to sort their own clinic and transported everyone individually. My G.P couldn't get deliveries most week and had to cancel appointments on a few occasions.

The Irish Wheelchairs managed to sort their own clinic and transported everyone individually. My G.P couldn't get deliveries most week and had to cancel appointments on a few occasions.

Well it's good to hear that some people who needed it were looked after. I know there was a site operating throughout most of the rollout based in Parteen for some special needs groups. With transport sorted of course

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭phog

I hope you never have a disability and hope you grow old but keep your ability to walk and trot across a road as the need arises.

phog wrote: »
    I hope you never have a disability and hope you grow old but keep your ability to walk and trot across a road as the need arises.

I'll get a taxi if that happens, thanks for your concern, or perhaps I'll get someone to assist me across the road. Should of course COVID-76 arrive in 50 years time

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭rathfarnhamlad

I'll get a taxi if that happens, thanks for your concern, or perhaps I'll get someone to assist me across the road. Should of course COVID-76 arrive in 50 years time

COVID-19 was isolated & identified in late 2019, hence the name. So if the virus re-emerges in 50 years time, then logically it should be referred to as COVID-69 :D.

Think someone is pre-emptively going senile. Don't worry about it though, teleportation should be well advanced by that point so you probably won't need to worry about crossing the road or calling a taxi...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

bazz26 wrote: »
    I registered last Friday, got a text yesterday evening with an appointment scheduled for this coming Saturday. I'm getting the Moderna rna.

What Age are ya Bazz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Anyone been out to the Radisson in the last few days, is it still very busy? mrs had to reschedule her appointment for last Friday, hasn’t heard anything back as yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well it's good to hear that some people who needed it were looked after. I know there was a site operating throughout most of the rollout based in Parteen for some special needs groups. With transport sorted of course

I don't know about transport but it was in full swing for a few weeks, is open but not as busy these days (I live in Parteen so pass it a few times a day). It was essentially medical people getting vaccinated(maybe others). I understand they were doctors/nurses etc vital to the rollout to the public so needed to be vacinnated first.

Advertisement