Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Rfrip wrote: »

Whoop, Whoop, Tony Houlihan sitting down the back like the auld lad in Henry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

@ghostdancer: Yeah, sorry for calling you a dick. But please ease off on the partonising* nonsense and calling out people as "anti-science".

*patronising means you speak to people as if there are stupid, btw.
    Sorry for being a dick.

Hopefully we'll enjoy many gigs soon, no doubt within touching (or teenager kicking) distance of one another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭Stillill42

And there you have it, folks. On the downside, hope dwindling of an EP, on the upside, the thread, teetering on the brink of a Lord of the Flies scenario, pulls itself back from the brink, Ghostdancer and Pablo proving that EP Boardsies are no mere Internet mortals but men of reason, compassion and a shared love of music. I live in hope, this crazy dream world we're currently inhabiting flips on it's head every couple of weeks but one way or the other, we'll have live music soon, that will keep us going till the birth of our 2022 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ah lads!! I think we're on such a cusp with regards lifting of restrictions!
    If it happens it will be pure greatness and we'll all rejoice and go absolutely bananas no doubt.
    If it doesnt happen, unlike hopeless 2020, I think this year, even in the most cautious of cautious approaches! things will be back in full swing come late September/early October. It's really going to be cruel to have just missed out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭RINO87

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A poll of 132 people from Laois in the Leinster Express. If indeed the respondents were from Laois.

You can guarantee that the businesses of Stradbally are very much in favour of it, and add to them those that let out their private homes for the weekend. The shops and bars must get (at a guess) two months worth of takings in that week alone (Thur to Mon and the staff/crew there for the days beforehand). The west of Ireland is about to be overwhelmed by visitors but I hear few complaints from locals in Galway, Clifden, Inis Mór, Inishbofin, etc. The same in Doolin Eanna? I think most people realise that the businesses they treasure, and want to remain open, need a large injection of summer cash and that's on the way. Stradbally is probably no different.

Good counterpoint! Sorry for the negativity, I don't have a ticket, but REALLY hope for those that do, that it does go ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

i suspect it will not happen, i don't care that it's not this year, it will live again.

We will live again!
    We will party again!
    We will hug again!

It will happen
    It will be epic!
    We Will Be Epic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

I can't believe there's people that think EP will happen :pac:

There's no chance lads, none. Get a flight to the UK .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The last bit of hope for EP is gone but hope for some live music this year definitely stronger so at least that is something (i have a lot of catching up to do). Got my first jab yesterday so will be safe to go mad when they let me to a gig again. EP 2022 will be some party. Stay strong all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Think the main positive is we are such a better position than this time last year and we all know we will be on here giving out about the line up this time next year

I cannot bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The year is 2025. On this thread We are still hopeful EP goes ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Any festival suggestions in the UK for Aug/Sept? Or even an EU country?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have a really good feeling EP will go ahead as planned this year .... as they say in Glasgow - CANNAE WAIT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on the line up it would be abso-blooming-fantastic if , just for a 1 off, given the mad circumstances, U2 headlined EP on the sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't believe there's people that think EP will happen :pac:

There's no chance lads, none. Get a flight to the UK .

I think most of the festivals in the UK have sold out, unless you can get in on festival staff capacity.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Any festival suggestions in the UK for Aug/Sept? Or even an EU country?

Aug/Sept is not looking good for UK right now, the Indian variant is causing case numbers to rise again and there's talk of them pushing back on June 21st date to get things open again.

Liam Gallagher going ahead, outdoors Belfast June 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Had any heard what the plan is for the phoenix park thing? Who's playing or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭RINO87

dmm82 wrote: »
    Had any heard what the plan is for the phoenix park thing? Who's playing or anything?

The Coronas.... No wait, Aslan, it'll be Aslan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher going ahead, outdoors Belfast June 30th.

Is that definitely on? Idles support too

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

I can't believe there's people that think EP will happen

Unfortunately I tend to agree it will not happen.
    However the logical counter argument is how better off will we be next year to allow it go ahead? A marginal increase in the number vacinced at best and still the same risks of varients, travel, crowds etc.

• Advertisement

Is that definitely on? Idles support too

Apparently so a mate has tickets.

Shared earlier on scrote-book

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Here's a bunch of reviews I done of festivals and gigs in 2009 and 2010, I used to just have the reviews under the header Gig Reviews. But I changed that in 2011, where my reviews became standalone pages themselves. The 09 and 10 Picnic reviews are in this section. https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/gig-reviews/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Rfrip

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1400046899990863878?s=21

Interesting. Pods of 4 and no testing prior

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Interesting. Pods of 4 and no testing prior

wtf? what's the point of it? how do you judge the success of it if you don't have a base level of data to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

looking forward to this "music festival" in phoenix park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

wtf? what's the point of it? how do you judge the success of it if you don't have a base level of data to start with?

Thinking the same, I thought pilot events were supposed to have testing. How are they supposed to know if anyone tests positive from the event if they had no test going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Well that's just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

endainoz wrote: »
    Thinking the same, I thought pilot events were supposed to have testing. How are they supposed to know if anyone tests positive from the event if they had no test going in?

Surely this renders the entire pilot event schedule pointless. What do they achieve if they have no data off the back of them? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

So much for learning from and building on what the UK have done. That would have given us some hope.
    Instead we are using pods, masks and not actually testing.
    Unfortunately it seems we are quickly running out of road.

Advertisement