Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2021 - Cancelled :( **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Wooderson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wooderson wrote: »

fixed, you only need to insert the final block of numbers and letters from a YouTube link...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭RINO87

This seems to suggest it's 5k max for stadiums, come August 2nd.
    That's with people for the most part sitting in the one place for the duration.

Festivals as we all know, involve a LOT of moving around.

Yea it doesn't look great, but things can improve over the next month or so. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that there's a drastic improvement..

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1398055229338361861?s=20

Edited to add link below. Possibility of 25,000 fans for the All Ireland finals in August. So.. you never know..

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2021/0527/1224355-government-to-consider-return-of-fans-from-june/

I have a feeling, and it's just a feeling at that, that Gov will prioritise the Gaaaaaaahhhh over everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Personally, Id have no issue at this stage if he doesn't go ahead. Id rather make a week of it next year that some 3 day hodge podge festival this year.

Id be knee deep in new music at this stage, and i found it to be the biggest downside to it all.

Would LiveNation have top-mid tier bands on some kind of retainer? There is no way any in demand band will wait around too long to see if they might or might not get a pay day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just three more hours until we're put out of our misery folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,134 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

endainoz wrote: »
    Just three more hours until we're put out of our misery folks!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,134 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Um no they don't, they literally prove my point.
    The test events had people tested on the way into the venue to weed out positive cases ffs.

Thankfully public health experts, scientists, immunoligists, viroligists etc have a better understanding of basic science and physics than some of the posters on here, who would seem more akin to Gemma O'Doherty and the anti-science, anti-fact crew.

Not my take on this thread at all.

:D That video nearly brought me to tears at the time, could have even sowed a CND badge on my army surplus jacket.

Kids today are afraid of the sniffles, we held firm against the Russians:cool:

We were/are neutral. To be honest, and to paraphrase Bowie, I’m More Afraid of Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭RINO87

Poorside wrote: »
    I think another issue that would be against EP going ahead is the amount of people that head into stradbally village over the weekend, if it's a case of once you're in you stay in we might have a better chance

This is a good point, last I saw locals were dead against it. Their opinion needs to be considered.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Some of the measures...

If they're going to let people fly on holidays surely we can go to a field in laois, Colm Henry seemed very happy the vaccines are preventing transmission this morning, hopefully all a thing of the past come July.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got my second Pfizer shot today, no ill effects so far and feeling all good. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Got my second Pfizer shot today, no ill effects so far and feeling all good. :)

Great stuff. Of course us younger folk are all Janssen. That's where it's at man!

RINO87 wrote: »
    This is a good point, last I saw locals were dead against it. Their opinion needs to be considered.

A poll of 132 people from Laois in the Leinster Express. If indeed the respondents were from Laois.

You can guarantee that the businesses of Stradbally are very much in favour of it, and add to them those that let out their private homes for the weekend. The shops and bars must get (at a guess) two months worth of takings in that week alone (Thur to Mon and the staff/crew there for the days beforehand). The west of Ireland is about to be overwhelmed by visitors but I hear few complaints from locals in Galway, Clifden, Inis Mór, Inishbofin, etc. The same in Doolin Eanna? I think most people realise that the businesses they treasure, and want to remain open, need a large injection of summer cash and that's on the way. Stradbally is probably no different.

I think another issue that would be against EP going ahead is the amount of people that head into stradbally village over the weekend, if it's a case of once you're in you stay in we might have a better chance

Makes sense but too difficult to enforce. You have to allow people go to their cars for supplies or to the shops for water, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Makes sense but too difficult to enforce. You have to allow people go to their cars for supplies or to the shops for water, etc.

Yup, and that's part of the problem, everyone can have a clear antigen going in, however if you let people out to stradbally there's a small risk of introducing the virus.

A poll of 132 people from Laois in the Leinster Express. If indeed the respondents were from Laois.

You can guarantee that the businesses of Stradbally are very much in favour of it, and add to them those that let out their private homes for the weekend. The shops and bars must get (at a guess) two months worth of takings in that week alone (Thur to Mon and the staff/crew there for the days beforehand). The west of Ireland is about to be overwhelmed by visitors but I hear few complaints from locals in Galway, Clifden, Inis Mór, Inishbofin, etc. The same in Doolin Eanna? I think most people realise that the businesses they treasure, and want to remain open, need a large injection of summer cash and that's on the way. Stradbally is probably no different.

Fact, Doolin is bracing itself for a big domestic tourism season. All the pubs are building large outdoor areas, houses getting painted etc. The ferries to the Aran Islands started this week again, nice bit of optimism around the place, youd almost swear things were normal. We'll have the folk festival in September anyway, it's something to look forward to at least.

Yup, and that's part of the problem, everyone can have a clear antigen going in, however if you let people out to stradbally there's a small risk of introducing the virus.

With bulk-buying they could surely re-test on re-entry, the cost per test being less than €1. Most people would restrict their movements if they were to face a lengthy delay on return. Bad for businesses in Stradbally so satisfying everyone won't happen.

Fact, Doolin is bracing itself for a big domestic tourism season. All the pubs are building large outdoor areas, houses getting painted etc. The ferries to the Aran Islands started this week again, nice bit of optimism around the place, youd almost swear things were normal. We'll have the folk festival in September anyway, it's something to look forward to at least.

Every decent hotel, B&B and AirBnB in County Galway is booked out for July and August plus much of September. Renovation and paint jobs being finished up as we speak.

It's probably going to be the biggest injection of money here for two/three decades. It'll be almost entirely Irish coming and they'll spend in a way that the Americans, Spanish, Italians and British don't. No going home after 3/4 drinks.

Every decent hotel, B&B and AirBnB in County Galway is booked out for July and August plus much of September. Renovation and paint jobs being finished up as we speak.

It's probably going to be the biggest injection of money here for two/three decades. It'll be almost entirely Irish coming and they'll spend in a way that the Americans, Spanish, Italians and British don't. No going home after 3/4 drinks.

It's almost like we should always have invested in domestic tourism!

• Advertisement

A small pilot festival is taking place in Phoenix park, presumably with no camping, unless Michael D wants to open up the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

A small pilot festival is taking place in Phoenix park, presumably with no camping, unless Michael D wants to open up the lawn.

3600 people in June....like 70k in September isnt beyond the realms of possibility

No camping:eek: your not even allowed stand up ffs, they'll be more outside the pub next Tuesday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

If it's 25k seated all over Croker for the All Ireland Finals in September for a few hours it doesn't bode well. I can't see 70k in Stradbally for 3 days partying being given the green light.

I wish they would just call it at this stage.

traco wrote: »
    If it's 25k seated all over Croker for the All Ireland Finals in September for a few hours it doesn't bode well. I can't see 70k in Stradbally for 3 days partying being given the green light.

I think they will pretty soon to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I think they will pretty soon to be honest.

The 3,500 seating, drained the final drop of hope out of me.

traco wrote: »

The only thing that needs to be called is a general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have tickets to see Genesis in the 3Arena in September and given everything seems to be focused on outdoor there may be no chance of 3Arena sized gigs even been considered

Cautious approach is really pissing me off

Sadly EP could be in trouble and that Twats like Leo and co getting peoples hopes up a month or so was out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Hidden agenda doing a trial event in July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/electric-picnic/637163/laois-minister-reveals-the-outcome-of-talks-with-electric-picnic-organiser.html

The Fianna Fáil TD said he asked what the final date for a decision.

"He said they need to know by the end of June to allow a two-month lead-in to confirm the acts and prepare the site," he said.

Minister Fleming said he sought to confirm the viability of the event if the capacity was reduced from the 70,000 capacity planned for.

"He said that financially that would not make sense because the without full capacity is not viable...He said that if it were to be reduced capacity how do we decide which people can go," he said.

Advertisement